Just LoS, and What good are walls anyway?

Crab Fear.1624

So, I see that some ranged attacks are blocked by poles and walls and boxes, as expected.

But some ranged attacks will pass through walls, like guardian sword 3 and rev sword 4 for examples.

I never really gave thought, but what are these attacks?

They go at ranged, and are multi hit, and at least one of the kind says magical projectiles.

But neither are reflected when blocked with "reflection".

Also, necro core shroud auto attack curves over terrain and around walls until it reaches maxed ranged.

Pushes through walls and attacks through walls like melee hits (the ones with greater than 130 ranged) seem funny.

Shi.....stuff like this makes 2s and 3s necros, guards, and rev dominant.

Explosions and clone bursts also hit through walls.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

So, I see that some ranged attacks are blocked by poles and walls and boxes, as expected.

But some ranged attacks will pass through walls, like guardian sword 3 and rev sword 4 for examples.

I never really gave thought, but what are these attacks?

They go at ranged, and are multi hit, and at least one of the kind says magical projectiles.

But neither are reflected when blocked with "reflection".

Also, necro core shroud auto attack curves over terrain and around walls until it reaches maxed ranged.

Pushes through walls and attacks through walls like melee hits (the ones with greater than 130 ranged) seem funny.

Shi.....stuff like this makes 2s and 3s necros, guards, and rev dominant.

Explosions and clone bursts also hit through walls.

1. Guardian sword 3 doesn't go through walls

2. Its projectiles do get reflected by reflect. It's just that sword-3 itself also blocks projectiles, meaning the reflected projectiles get blocked when they come back at the guardian. If an ally of the guardian stands between the guard and the reflector, they'll end up hitting that ally.

It really would help to at least read the tooltip description of a skill before complaining about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ragnar.4257 said:

1. Guardian sword 3 doesn't go through walls

2. Its projectiles do get reflected by reflect. It's just that sword-3 itself also blocks projectiles, meaning the reflected projectiles get blocked when they come back at the guardian. If an ally of the guardian stands between the guard and the reflector, they'll end up hitting that ally.

It really would help to at least read the tooltip description of a skill before complaining about it.

I just got hit through the crates at coliseum, but whatever you say.

• Like 1

you guys member 600 range holo shockwave being spammed every 15s by enemy 3 holo? getting knocked-up across the map 3 times over every 15s sure was fun!
honorable mention goes to some of the rev skills and reaper 4 spin as it has 300 range, and can still hit through very thick walls.
Maul also has a decent range, not quite reaper level but can still reach somewhat far through obstacles.
When it comes to projectiles, nothing better then kittening lich autos, 10k dmg homing missile that curves around corners.
Same happens to ranger autos and rapid fire, on rapid you usually get 1-2 extra " illegal " hits when someone tries to los, as they just say kitten it and go through anyways.
I personally think that most of the objectives also dont have collision done properly, so the projectiles can still go through their edges, or maybe they need to be entirely inside of terrain to be destroyed, and clipping alone doesnt do it. Either way it is how it is.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

you guys member 600 range holo shockwave being spammed every 15s by enemy 3 holo? getting knocked-up across the map 3 times over every 15s sure was fun!

i got hit by that standing at the top of khylo, holo was at mid point level, and i watched the shockwave in slow mo travel towards me and up the pole holding the top platform up. i was so transfixed i just watched.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

i got hit by that standing at the top of khylo, holo was at mid point level, and i watched the shockwave in slow mo travel towards me and up the pole holding the top platform up. i was so transfixed i just watched.

yes, and to make it worse, the aoe persisted for tiny bit of time, so even when you dodged, it could still hit you.
And Im not 100% sure but it might have went through aegis too. I remember that it had something stupid like that going on but not exactly how, add it up with insane 600 range and this was by far, the most stupid skill out there

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2021 at 1:39 PM, Exile.8160 said:

Guard breaths:

People in the forums: omfg that guards is breathing its OP nerf it now! 

But his breath deals 3000 dmg, gives aegis, aoe blinds in 300 units range and cleanses 2 condition. Also there is Rune of the Breather which gives stealth + superspeed upon using skill from "Breath" category.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1