New Engineer E-Spec Silhouette

ChronoPinoyX.7923

If they only give us a mace... in offhand... Ill will be quite desapointed... So Mace can only be wield with our bad undertumed pistol... I hope Im wrong or that the rest of the spec is turning around awesome mech/Golem. 

But green... what? Its weird...

Edited by Makuragee.3058
  • Sad 1

That pic looks like dual-wield maces...I really hope that's true.

21 minutes ago, Dawanarth.4601 said:

So Jade Tech most likely

The pose look like a commander or someone giving an order to charge (Golem ?)

Could also be swinging at something (aka yet another melee spec). Either way, the person who posted the Innovator might not be far away either. (if it's to do with jade tech arms)

Unfortunately, if that was dual wielded maces, the datamine would have likely shown the Engineer's package containing two maces instead of one. I Seriously hope they're not planning on it being Offhand like Warrior because in Engineer's case, there is Nothing else they can use but Pistol, making this weapon spec hybrid by default, or Condi, which frankly Engineer has enough of. Pistol offhand on warrior was bad enough.

This image made me depressed.

Hammer+Jade=some kind of architect spec.
Jade architect = jade construct/statue.
Construct/statue=pet.

EoD expansion is heavily Asia inspired and there is a common trope in Chinese fantasy about terracotta soldiers, which are basically golems.

So enjoy unplayable Pet-bases espec with terrible AI.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Naxos.2503 said:

Unfortunately, if that was dual wielded maces, the datamine would have likely shown the Engineer's package containing two maces instead of one. I Seriously hope they're not planning on it being Offhand like Warrior because in Engineer's case, there is Nothing else they can use but Pistol, making this weapon spec hybrid by default, or Condi, which frankly Engineer has enough of. Pistol offhand on warrior was bad enough.

Engineer actually needs a condition based elite spec... both elite specs so far were heavily power favoured and both came with pure power based weapons.

Power weapons available for engineer: rifle, sword, hammer

Condition weapons available for engineer: pistols

So I don't know why you think that our class "has enough of conditions".

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Engineer actually needs a condition based elite spec... both elite specs so far were heavily power favoured and both came with pure power based weapons.

Because Holosmith can be kitted out to be a very effective condi based class thanks to sword 2 have good bleed and supplement a offhand pistol well enough, and a lot of it's toolbelt and traits incorporating Burn. Holo is not and never was a power spec, it was made to be hybrid, making the sword and pistol work. Scrapper on the other hand does not, making it the only spec that doesn't outright go heavy into condi. Core engineer has a lot of condi available as well through kits, most of them do condis and some of them more heavily than others, Elixir Gun, Flamethrower, Grenade and Bomb all work well for condi builds.

• Confused 3

Something does draw my attention with the way the mace is held. It doesn't Look like a swing, more like the mace is Pointed toward something. Pistol mainhand is more of a mid range weapon than a long range one, but the mace might actually work as a range weapon as well (breaking the rules by the devs own word). Could be use to discharge energy for example.

Not to mention it's kind of awkward to have a mainhand range and offhand melee. From what I saw of other classes, when that happens, the Offhand weapon is used more as a buff, or ranged supplement, like the dagger for a Ranger with mainhand axe

Edited by Naxos.2503
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Doesn't necessarily have to mean something, tho. Sometimes, anet mirrors these pictures for some reason.

I still hope for it to be mainhand mace until proven otherwise.

*Laughs in Bladesworn OH Pistol* You're getting an OH mace dude. Seriously though  it should be dual mace, and Jokesworn should have been dual pistol or at least MH pistol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

*Laughs in Bladesworn OH Pistol* You're getting an OH mace dude. Seriously though  it should be dual mace, and Jokesworn should have been dual pistol or at least MH pistol.

We will see, I still have hope.

But if we really end up with offhand mace, then the elite spec mechanic needs to be extremely powerful for that weapon choice. Getting just an offhand weapon with 2 skills and this weapon also forced to just get paired with one single mainhand weapon is quite something.

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:

We will see, I still have hope.

But if we really end up with offhand mace, then the elite spec mechanic needs to be extremely powerful for that weapon choice. Getting just an offhand weapon with 2 skills and this weapon also forced to just get paired with one single mainhand weapon is quite something.

Agreed, especially if it has to compete with the existing specs. I wonder if it's even possible to work in a one handed kit somehow ? Like an adaptible mainhand weapon that you can change based on toolbelt skills, losing toolbelt, but gaining some mini kits in return. That I could get behind

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

As a main engi I find it very easy as a power holosmith. When I run condi builds I still can’t outdps on golem. I feel like rotation is very difficult for condi not when I don’t main firebrand and scourge and run those condi builds that easily out dps my condi engineer. They need a more condi focused spec that doesn’t require you to spam grenades, bomb, flamethrower all the time.

14 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Let's be fair here. BS at least has multiple choices to pair that offhand pistol with, and axe is a decent choice if you don't mind being an obligatory melee spec. If engineer gets an offhand the only mainhand weapon they can pair it with is pistol, which is not exactly highly regarded in its current state.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Tessellating Jade Teslanator

One mace that swaps hands paired with a Jade tech class mechanic that also swaps hands.  Elite includes Jade Lightning, Well Inversion, Electro-conversion teleporting, and a Jade Anomaly transformation.  😉

I am predicting 80% chance of salt after the next Guild Chat... and salt conducts electricity.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1