New Engineer E-Spec Silhouette

ChronoPinoyX.7923

50 minutes ago, Naxos.2503 said:

Unfortunately, if that was dual wielded maces, the datamine would have likely shown the Engineer's package containing two maces instead of one. I Seriously hope they're not planning on it being Offhand like Warrior because in Engineer's case, there is Nothing else they can use but Pistol, making this weapon spec hybrid by default, or Condi, which frankly Engineer has enough of. Pistol offhand on warrior was bad enough.

Was the Spellbreaker data mined with 2 weapons ? Or one as they were twice the same Dagger (even the skin was the same iirc)

2 minutes ago, Random Wax Orc.7695 said:

One mace that swaps hands paired with a Jade tech class mechanic that also swaps hands. 

So you make a 1h weapon in a 2h weapon ? Or a weapon that you can only use in one hand or the other (without any side weapon? )

39 minutes ago, Naxos.2503 said:

Because Holosmith can be kitted out to be a very effective condi based class thanks to sword 2 have good bleed and supplement a offhand pistol well enough, and a lot of it's toolbelt and traits incorporating Burn. Holo is not and never was a power spec, it was made to be hybrid, making the sword and pistol work. Scrapper on the other hand does not, making it the only spec that doesn't outright go heavy into condi. Core engineer has a lot of condi available as well through kits, most of them do condis and some of them more heavily than others, Elixir Gun, Flamethrower, Grenade and Bomb all work well for condi builds.

Holosmith is not a condition dmg nor hybrid elite spec.
It's a power spec that's overtuned in general and can do anything core engineer can do better.
Which is why it's used in the condition dmg setup which is quite literally the same build we used in core forever as the 4 kits piano setup, just with the free stuff Holosmith gives.

Engineer very much need a solid condition dmg elite spec that interact well with our condition setups

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dawanarth.4601 said:

Was the Spellbreaker data mined with 2 weapons ? Or one as they were twice the same Dagger (even the skin was the same iirc)

To the best of my knowledge, Spellbreaker wasn't datamined, or atleast, it's weapon pack wasn't.

The datamine for EoD was based on the weapon packs they handed out to Beta characters of the first beta, with some clever clogs managing to figure out the item code of the other classes, including a way to preview what was inside the packs. Path of Fire's beta wasn't quite handled in a similar way, though that's quite a few year back now, and my memory of it is rather foggy. I cant remember clearly, but I think creating a beta character for path of Fire had you start with the character already having it's weapons equipped, and as far as I recall, all classes had their beta event at the same time, or much closer than what we currently have, so there wasn't really anything to datamine at the time

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Random Wax Orc.7695 said:

The Tessellating Jade Teslanator

One mace that swaps hands paired with a Jade tech class mechanic that also swaps hands.  Elite includes Jade Lightning, Well Inversion, Electro-conversion teleporting, and a Jade Anomaly transformation.  😉

I am predicting 80% chance of salt after the next Guild Chat... and salt conducts electricity.

It needs some electricity puns. 

12 minutes ago, Random Wax Orc.7695 said:

One mace that swaps hands paired with a Jade tech class mechanic that also swaps hands.

Hey you know what, maybe they get weapon swap as an elite spec mechanic, so they can have two weapon sets they won't want to use instead of one.

I hear warrior has a weapon swap it's no longer using.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vidit.7108 said:

Hey you know what, maybe they get weapon swap as an elite spec mechanic, so they can have two weapon sets they won't want to use instead of one.

I hear warrior has a weapon swap it's no longer using.

Wouldn't make sense to give a class with such a limited weapon pool weapon swap.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dawanarth.4601 said:

So you make a 1h weapon in a 2h weapon ? Or a weapon that you can only use in one hand or the other (without any side weapon? )

I was thinking it would look cool if the Engineer had just one mace but juggled it from side-to-side to use it as both main and offhand.  The remaining empty hand would be free for the class mechanic... so in a sense, it would be two sets of 5 weapon skills, but only one 1h weapon.  MH mace + OH class mech & MH class mech + OH mace.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

Holosmith is not a condition dmg nor hybrid elite spec.
It's a power spec that's overtuned in general and can do anything core engineer can do better.
Which is why it's used in the condition dmg setup which is quite literally the same build we used in core forever as the 4 kits piano setup, just with the free stuff Holosmith gives.

Engineer very much need a solid condition dmg elite spec that interact well with our condition setups

I will not begrudge anyone the feeling they have that Holosmith is a power spec. By definition, it's a spec that can do both, hence why I call it Hybrid. The intent of the devs was quite clear based on the amount of condi synergy it has with it's traits, and class mechanic speaks for itself. It is definitely overtuned, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was meant to be power only. 

As a condi Holo myself, I find the class very hard to play, but also interesting. I can relate to anyone thinking it's far more efficient to go all Power, but I cannot agree with the sentiment that it is a power class. It benefit condi play too much to be so.

Which is not to say I want mace to be Power based. Or that I want the Elite Spec to be power based either. I prefer to have an elite spec that make sense. If the mace is Mainhand, it can be paired with pistol offhand (which is 1 condi, and 1 CC, not necessarily condi focused) and Shield (which is defensive and power based). A mainhand mace thus has more options by definition. If it's power based, it pairs okay with a shield and pistol. If it's condi based, it can still work well with both. Offhand mace on the other hand can only be paired with Pistol, which is exclusively Condi and poor at that, meaning if the mace is condi, it will work really well with it, but if it's -not- you're left with a relatively subpar combo hybrid.

I run Engineer mainly as a condi, and thus would feel right at home with a condi elite spec. More so than I do with Holo I guess, but the question is : doesn't that gives us access to Too much condi ? I think that specs need to bring something else to the table, perhaps not damage based, but versatility based.

It's honestly the only elite spec so far where I honestly do not know what I would want from it, even if it's my favorite class 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Let's be fair here. BS at least has multiple choices to pair that offhand pistol with, and axe is a decent choice if you don't mind being an obligatory melee spec. If engineer gets an offhand the only mainhand weapon they can pair it with is pistol, which is not exactly highly regarded in its current state.

You're not wrong, but warrior really needed a MH ranged option.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You're not wrong, but warrior really needed a MH ranged option.

No it didn't. 

Its a class that has the ability to weaponswap every 5 seconds which allows it quick access to rifle/longbow with the ability to swap back to melee quickly if needed

Theres nothing in warriors core kit that would synergize with having a ranged mainhand weapon.

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

No it didn't. 

Its a class that has the ability to weaponswap every 5 seconds which allows it quick access to rifle/longbow with the ability to swap back to melee quickly if needed

Theres nothing in warriors core kit that would synergize with having a ranged mainhand weapon.

I personally think it would have given warrior a less aggressive role that it really doesn't have. With a Pistol and Shield variant that focuses on buffing for example. I'm not unhappy with the gunsaber personally, but I did feel like it was a missed opportunity. Pistol Offhand does little that warrior doesn't already have. 

That said, Warrior is far less punished by a bad weapon than Engineer would be if mace Offhand turns out impractical or nonsensical. Warrior has other options. Engineer really doesn't

Edited by Naxos.2503

15 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

No it didn't. 

You're wrong. Pistol/shield and pistol/warhorn would have perfect synergy.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You're wrong. Pistol/shield and pistol/warhorn would have perfect synergy.

"Perfect" synergy? To do what? Run away and be passive?

Just seems like your argument revolves around wanting the aesthetic of having a mainhand pistol rather than being based on any real "need" for warrior to have a ranged mainhand weapon 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Just seems like your argument revolves around wanting the aesthetic of having a mainhand pistol rather than being based on any real "need" for warrior to have a ranged mainhand weapon 

It's called sitting in the mid line pumping out buffs and shouts while still being in range for dps. You know nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Orack.9756 said:

Was hopping for Asuran engineering for once 😞

Judging by the pictures we saw of Jade technology and the gauntlet silhouette, I think it will look close enough to it that it should make asura players rather happy too

1 minute ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

That is narrow minded. Warrior can actively support with warhorn, by providing a pretty large barrier through Warhorn 5 and warhorn 4 provide a unique buff (Charge). The main issue with it is that all your Mainhand weapon are all melee, so you're either buffing other melees around you, or you have to do a lot of leg work, stopping your attack and finding the right spot to use your warhorn skills efficiently. Something that a mid range weapon like pistol would solve. Pistol and Shield can give warriors a much more defensive option by not being forced to use a slow weapon like mace for additional blocks, and have the pistol work similar to the Charr racial skill Hidden Pistol for example.

It gives warriors more options rather than the unilateral "More Damage" which it is cantoned to at the moment, and that is the point of elite specs. It's not supposed to be a power creep, but a "play differently" option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

It's not only Lan. Ask most, if not all warrior mains to give you their opinion on this. There were different paths they could have followed but unfortunately didn't. 

Also what's up with the warrior slander? You guys have a perfect mode in Holoforge. Go play Zerker and compare the 2 later on lmao. See who has overall better especs. Spoiler alert: Engi.

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Thanks 1