New Engineer E-Spec Silhouette

ChronoPinoyX.7923

Im a warrior main lol

I dont see any real argument for how warrior "needs" a mainhand range weapon that doesn't essentially amount to "it would be cool and i would like the asthetic"

The current offhands are all melee focused, excluding warhorn, so basically you would be playing some kind of buff/support for it to synergize at all with warriors core kit

Ok well lets look at this from a practical standpoint,  if that was indeed the way they went with it this hypothetical spec would pretty much be THE bannerslave spec unless they specifically gave it insanely good support utilities that allowed it to be a full on healer/buffer

As far as pvp, it would i guess potentially be like a healbreaker with ranged pressure? 

Once again,  i don't really see a convincing argument for why its "needed" rather than "wanted" by a small niche of particularly whiney warriors that dont like what they were given 

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Im a warrior main lol

I dont see any real argument for how warrior "needs" a mainhand range weapon that doesn't essentially amount to "it would be cool and i would like the asthetic"

The current offhands are all melee focused, excluding warhorn, so basically you would be playing some kind of buff/support for it to synergize at all with warriors core kit

Ok well lets look at this from a practical standpoint,  if that was indeed the way they went with it this hypothetical spec would pretty much be THE bannerslave spec unless they specifically gave it insanely good support utilities that allowed it to be a full on healer/buffer

As far as pvp, it would i guess potentially be like a healbreaker with ranged pressure? 

Once again,  i don't really see a convincing argument for why its "needed" rather than "wanted" by a small niche of particularly whiney warriors that dont like what they were given 

Please back to OP. Its not a warrior treat, its an engineer one. Thanks! 😄

As for engi, hmm, what about a mace offhand that have the same kind of skill as ranger f1/f3, if you want to micro manage your golem, you use it. But if you dont want to deal with the IA, gou can build around perk/skill that let you pilot it. Could be support with some condi.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

Please back to OP. Its not a warrior treat, its an engineer one. Thanks! 😄

As for engi, hmm, what about a mace offhand that have the same kind of skill as ranger f1/f3, if you want to micro manage your golem, you use it. But if you dont want to deal with the IA, gou can build around perk/skill that let you pilot it. Could be support with some condi.

The skill 4 could make your golem leap at location (ground target) and the skill 5 could block damage in a AoE (for ally), or heal/buff something more support.

https://imgur.com/jeWujHB

This image is the only saving grace in case of off-hand mace.
There is a chance that Engineer E-spec is Innovator and that new mechanic is that our main hand is replaced with jade-tech prosthetic. In this case off-hand mace makes sense as just one of the options (like shield and off-hand pistol) to pair with this new 1-3 skills from prosthetic.
Lack of weapon in right hand on silhouette supports this theory.

Edited by Bomboed.5697
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

Looks like he's pointing the mace at something instead of swinging it. It might end up being a ranged mace. 

Hoping for mainhand, because then we might have a cool ranged auto attack. 

Wires coming out of his glove suggest he's fueling the mace with something. Electricity? Jade? Tesla Coil mace is still on the table. 

Also green background screams necro which makes me think it's a condi spec. 

I hope it has supportive capabilities. So engi can finally use a proper support spec in group play. 

• Like 6

I like the silhouette, it doesn't invalidate several possibilities.

I see personally a charr wearing 2 energetic gauntlets pumping jade energy from wires in order to create lightning bolt or shockwaves? The charr is holding the weapon with its left hand like it is giving an order. So totally possible, a golem as elite. During shing jea stream there was a strange wood golem head like icon near a poi. 

Interesting silhouette, impatient to check it out, but what i have in mind currently is legend of korra equalist gauntlets and mechs.

Edited by hugo.4705
  • Like 2

Please no Holosmith 2.0 with pets... 

I'm "cautiously optimistic" at the moment. I still think MH Mace should be a core weapon, so maybe this OH mace choice leaves that open? That's some serious coping on my part, ha. Super excited and slightly scared to see it in action! 

Edit: Kind of odd that it is green. Jade Tech. 

Lol, the people that want another Holosmith but with pets really coming out in force. If it does end up being that, I hope Anet puts some kind of fun twist on it. 

Edited by SkyCakeLight.3750
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

24 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Looks like he's pointing the mace at something instead of swinging it. It might end up being a ranged mace. 

Hoping for mainhand, because then we might have a cool ranged auto attack. 

Yeah that's what it looks like to me aswell, really hope it will be a ranged weapon or at least have some of the attacks being ranged.
The "coil" armor skins furthermore make me hope we are gonna se "Jade tech Tesla" stuff which I wished for in other topics.

So here hoping it's gonna be a condition weapon that bring CC with, Electricity is Burn/Confusion + daze's to me.
Would be perfect if it comes with some trait that gives even more conditions on interrupts, would make it very fun to play with Gadgets with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Im a warrior main lol

Well, there goes any plausible deniability. You should know better then

Then you haven't been paying attention or haven't learned warrior very deeply.

Which is needed. We don't need another power spec.

Or perhaps it's a batch of warriors who've played through all that warrior has to offer and found that a MH ranged weapon is what it needed, not another melee OH.

On topic I hope you guys get a better OH than Warrior got.

• Thanks 2

Maybe mainhand is a kit-like set similar to Bladesworn to reduce balance concerns by locking you into that skillset (see holo).

That's the only explanation I could conjure up for why it would be offhand mace.

You'd have whatever the profession mechanic it is for the first 3 skills and be free to use mace as offhand (or pistol or shield).

Edited by Infusion.7149

Necro themed color... It would be hilarious if the engineer ended up having it's toolbelt replaced by the Jade shroud.

I can already imagine:

Lore: The canthan engineers, Jademancers, obsessed by the dragonjade and it's possibilities, managed to mimic the necromancer and create their own Jade shroud within which they wield jade energy while being shielded by this very energy.

Mechanic: Lose the toolbelt, use F1 to wear your Jademancer gauntlet and enter Jade shroud.

AA: Jade jet: spray jade energy in a cone while moving, the last hit of the channeled energy inflict chill.

Skill#2: Jade rush: Leap toward your target (1200 range)

Skill#3: Jade blast: Blast the area with dragon jade energy, manifesting the raw presence of a dragon, fearing foes around you.

Skill#4: Jade facet: Increase drain of your jade energy to convert condition on you and your allies every few seconds.

-> Jade absorption: Draw conditions from allies to gain DragonJade energy for each condition drawn.

Skill#5: Jade charisma: Taunt, slow and weaken foes.

NB.: I know the name is lame 😉

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Naxos.2503 said:

I will not begrudge anyone the feeling they have that Holosmith is a power spec. By definition, it's a spec that can do both, hence why I call it Hybrid. The intent of the devs was quite clear based on the amount of condi synergy it has with it's traits, and class mechanic speaks for itself. It is definitely overtuned, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was meant to be power only. 

As a condi Holo myself, I find the class very hard to play, but also interesting. I can relate to anyone thinking it's far more efficient to go all Power, but I cannot agree with the sentiment that it is a power class. It benefit condi play too much to be so.

It's fair you feel that, I'm just not agreeing with it

Holosmith don't really have synergy with condi in it's traits. It have a traits focused around Strike dmg and for flavor they have burning on Solar Focusing Lens and slapped a bit more burning on two grandmaster because reasons.
It doesn't do anything interesting with conditions, it don't make them last longer, do more dmg or make them do something different. 
There have never been good PvP condi builds for Holosmith and there won't be.
Photon Forge don't do anything with condi's  beside #4, which could have been just as fine without the "Burst" condition application. Likewise Sword is in no way a condition weapon, it's power.

I'm just annoyed at Holosmith, cause the only reason it's used in condition dmg build is really just because; Holosmith as an elite spec give way to much and anything Core Engineer can do, Holosmith can do it better.
Which quite frankly is really bad for the entire profession

as I type this I get it's more a rant from my side haha 🙂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

Yeah that's what it looks like to me aswell, really hope it will be a ranged weapon or at least have some of the attacks being ranged.
The "coil" armor skins furthermore make me hope we are gonna se "Jade tech Tesla" stuff which I wished for in other topics.

So here hoping it's gonna be a condition weapon that bring CC with, Electricity is Burn/Confusion + daze's to me.
Would be perfect if it comes with some trait that gives even more conditions on interrupts, would make it very fun to play with Gadgets with that.

Now that I think about it, that pose is the exact pose charr use when using Order's from above.  Potential ranged buffer spec?

Edited by Kuma.1503

It can be anything.  Even the golemancer that some fear, using jade technology and energy in it's F kit to manage, repair, protect and recharge their golem's jade batteries... through jade energy beams. 😋 Who knows. 😅 Some green jade radiation/energy and mechanics based in jade technology, etc.  🙄

The posture seems to indicate that it will have a certain range and the armor that there is some technology equipped. Outside that, it can be anything. We'll see. 😁

• Thanks 1

First reaction:
What?
okay, green so probably jade tech?

And yes mace, awesome 🙂

over all the image looks boring

wait is that mace in the offhand? god please no!

Thoughts:

Please i hope that this is not an offhand only mace. Still have high hopes for dual wielding maces, what i dont really expect from a realistic standpoint. But this would at least give us some more weapon combination options. At least mainhand only so that we are looking at the be the backside of the charr.
The jade green reminds me of necro, i really would love to see some boon to condition converting on engineer.

Gloves are the e-spec item for sure.

What is this weapon a punching bag in a box? oO
Or im absoultely mistaken and that isnt a mace but the gloves. That explains the extra large arms in the espec icon and we are looking at our jade tech form aka holo form 2.0

Edited by NeroBoron.7285