New Engineer E-Spec Silhouette

ChronoPinoyX.7923

1 hour ago, Dawanarth.4601 said:

Harbringer and Bladesworn are good name, Vindicator is less great and I don't really like the concept

Vindicator is kind of a stereotypical fantasy name that has lost a lot of it's meaning through nonsensical use. Unfortunately, Guild wars 2's vindicator doesn't vindicate much of anything (when it doesn't outright get quashed due to lack of dodge). 

Engineers should have a wide array of possible names, considering it's potential to be almost anything and fit any role. I'm kind of anxious to see what the engineer reveal will be tomorow, as my long time main, this will likely put a severe damper on my expectations, or make me incredibly hyped for next year depending on how well it works

6 minutes ago, Perceptor.7189 said:

Well, the spanish and french verstion of the trailer for the ranger spec have the description for the engi spec. It's called mechamancer (rought direct translation) and, for the spanish version, it's said that "controls jade battle mech's to the battle".  Tomorrow will know more about it.

Méchamancien. Right. Look, I'm french, and this abomination of a word should be reason enough for the translators to be fired if it stems from a spec name that actually makes sense.

Its derivative was also already given to Scrapper, the Mécatronicien, there's something awfully fishy about it.

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, MrForz.1953 said:

Well, there even was the description that came with it, looks like we have a pet on the menu.

Seems Anet still didn't learn their lesson from turrets and gyros...

Well, see you guys again in 3 years when Anet has to completely rework the spec like they had to with scrapper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Well, see you guys again in 3 years when Anet has to completely rework the spec like they had to with scrapper.

Major kittening big RIP 😞
This is the worst.... anything but god dang AI....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Amadeus.5687 said:

Major kittening big RIP 😞
This is the worst.... anything but god dang AI....

I hope it at least gives us condition damage in some way.

If it's also a power based spec, then Anet literally took the list "what NOT to do for our spec" from the forums and went like "kitten it, let's just give them exactly the opposite of what they are asking for".

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I hope it at least gives us condition damage in some way.

If it's also a power based spec, then Anet literally took the list "what NOT to do for our spec" from the forums and went like "kitten it, let's just give them exactly the opposite of what they are asking for".

Yeah I really hope it comes with condition damage at least, but my expectations are record low now! 😕
We are probably gonna get commands as our utility and the weapon + traits are gonna have a ton of wasted stuff focusing around the pet I'm afraid!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

god this forum is full of doom and gloomers.. 

learn to have fun people.

I have fun when what I play as actually function, so far Anet have an AI succes rate of; 0
We have had 2 different kind of AI, Turrets which have been left for dead since pretty much always and Gyro's they had to completely rework in to wells cause they were that bad.
My primary fun comes from PvP and WvW and AI will never be good in those game modes and if they ever do happen to be good, it will be nerfed cause Anet themself don't want AI to be valid in these modes. Hence I'm kitten annoyed our elite spec gonna be centered around something like that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

I have fun when what I play as actually function, so far Anet have an AI succes rate of; 0
We have had 2 different kind of AI, Turrets which have been left for dead since pretty much always and Gyro's they had to completely rework in to wells cause they were that bad.
My primary fun comes from PvP and WvW and AI will never be good in those game modes and if they ever do happen to be good, it will be nerfed cause Anet themself don't want AI to be valid in these modes. Hence I'm kitten annoyed our elite spec gonna be centered around something like that.

then play another spec... not every spec is going to be perfect for your game modes. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

Just now, Artyport.2084 said:

then play another spec... not every spec is going to be perfect for your game modes. 

Certainly not, but Anet could also stop wasting resources on an elite spec that will not function in any game mode beside the open world where anything goes. 
Ai is a hopeless direction to go, not matter what 

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

Certainly not, but Anet could also stop wasting resources on an elite spec that will not function in any game mode beside the open world where anything goes. 
Ai is a hopeless direction to go, not matter what 

most people who play this game mindlessly play open world. 

some specs are going to be just for them.

pvpers need to recognize not everything is for them.. its annoying.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

most people who play this game mindlessly play open world. 

some specs are going to be just for them.

pvpers need to recognize not everything is for them.. its annoying.

As you say, its mindless. I do a lot of open World stuff to, and anything goes out there.

it also is why its pointless and waste to make an elite spec for only that and nothing else.

AI wont work for PvP, WvW, FoTM, Raids,  strikes ect.

It's also a pretty bad attitude you got going, nagging people for being negative over a new elite spec being very limited in scope and not being rainbow happy about it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm hoping for more functionalities than just "Summon and go attack stuff". Something like a portable shield or wide range CC could see some use. The main advantage of pets is that they can use skills concurently to what you're doing yourself, as they have their own cast time.

I thought I'd have a better idea of what to gear into once I knew what the main mechanic was, but I have to be honest, I didn't take pet into account, so I'm still confused. I dont think the preview tomorow is going to give us much to munch on either, here's hoping our resident Cal can show us what it can do proper on guild chat. That said, it kinda put my expectation of a condi class on the downlow. Pets are rarely efficient condi users...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

As you say, its mindless. I do a lot of open World stuff to, and anything goes out there.

it also is why its pointless and waste to make an elite spec for only that and nothing else.

AI wont work for PvP, WvW, FoTM, Raids,  strikes ect.

It's also a pretty bad attitude you got going, nagging people for being negative over a new elite spec being very limited in scope and not being rainbow happy about it

It’s not pointless to make a golemancer spec because it’s a class fantasy many people want.  Not everything is meant to be the best wvw/pvp spec. Class fantasy is something they should design for as well. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

It’s not pointless to make a golemancer spec because it’s a class fantasy many people want.  Not everything is meant to be the best wvw/pvp spec. Class fantasy is something they should design for as well. 

doesnt have to be THE best but people want something usable in more than one game mode lol i dont think that's an unreasonable ask. Anyways we'll know for sure how it measures up next week for sure 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Artyport.2084 said:

And hence why your attitude about "stop the doom and gloom, have fun" is bad.

You pretty much go; "Just have fun people"

When people explain; "Well we can't, because the new elite spec we all look forward won't be valid in the games modes we play"

You go; "Play something else then, It doesn't have to be useful anywhere else then open world"

Hence, We can't have fun with it

With good game design functionality should always thrump class fantasy. What good is a super amazing theme if its not useful or feels good to play as?
Also we have no idea about "how many" want and in special not compared to everything else people want for the class fantasy. So it's not really an argument.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yawn peoples till defending this expansion like their life depends on it. I don't expect the last batch of 3 especs to suddenly be good. Open world maps don't keep me or 90% of my 100 man guild invested. Neither does the story. It's specs and WvW. That one mode they just remembered. In essence you can only have fun as a comp player with good specs. Who cares about fantasy. They can be anything whatever. But presenting something to the players who know their professionas and basically seeing that it's the same thing in a different package (Bladesworn, Catalyst, Virtuoso) with added flavor is just a sad attempt at presenting something new.

Long gone are the HoT/PoF days. If you think the studio has enough people as back then to actually make up for the current presentations of the expac in the future I think you may be wrong. Layoffs hurt this game and it shows. It's beyond doom and gloom. I therefore understand both the people who want to have fun in catha (ok weeb place, ti should be good, I like it) but also those who have been in game for years in comp waiting for anything and hoping for good especs that make them stick around no matter what.

Let people be dissapointed if they got their reasons and let them say it. Only through critiscism do such companies start to make proper moves.

14 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Some people do want IA base spec, some love to play with them. We already have 2 goos espec thats dont use IA. Can we have at least one. I was sad when they change the scrapper gyro, now they are just generic. So please stop bashing them about IA, its a common fantasy in engineer to want a mech/golem buddy to play with... and no racial skill does not count cause they are god awefull.

3 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Yawn peoples till defending this expansion like their life depends on it. I don't expect the last batch of 3 especs to suddenly be good. Open world maps don't keep me or 90% of my 100 man guild invested. Neither does the story. It's specs and WvW. That one mode they just remembered. In essence you can only have fun as a comp player with good specs. Who cares about fantasy. They can be anything whatever. But presenting something to the players who know their professionas and basically seeing that it's the same thing in a different package (Bladesworn, Catalyst, Virtuoso) with added flavor is just a sad attempt at presenting something new.

Long gone are the HoT/PoF days. If you think the studio has enough people as back then to actually make up for the current presentations of the expac in the future I think you may be wrong. Layoffs hurt this game and it shows. It's beyond doom and gloom. I therefore understand both the people who want to have fun in catha (ok weeb place, ti should be good, I like it) but also those who have been in game for years in comp waiting for anything and hoping for good especs that make them stick around no matter what.

Let people be dissapointed if they got their reasons and let them say it. Only through critiscism do such companies start to make proper moves.

I play the game for 8 years and since day one we learn espec was a thing, during the pre HoT period. All I ever wanted for my main engineer was a golemancer. And I was sa dwhen they rework gyro into basically no skill animation generic well. So if I got a mech base spec, Ill be more than happy. And yes I do wvw a little tiny bit of pvp and all the pve content except raid. Youre point does not stand, YOU dont want IA, YOU think they are bad. Stop prejecting yourself everywhere. Not because you dont enjoy something, that you meed to bash it, can you let other enjoy their stuff too. As forplaying without IA, engineer is well cover, scrapper are pretty good support in wvw, and Holo are god in pvp.