This type of behaviour, is so anti sportmanship

Sinester.3572

Black gate and sea of sorrows, double team on us, why? i dont get it, BG already wins every time whit massive people, and on top of it, we get double teamed.

Bg trying to get inside the keep while sea of sorrows spawn kills who tries to enter the keep. This type of behaviour should be punished by anet, this is wVsWvsW not W&W vs W.

If this was a one time thing, sure its fun, but every single time.

They can attack, smc, or anything that is green but no they decide to help the enemy. 

Youtube link

Edited by Sinester.3572
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Sinester.3572 said:

Black gate and sea of sorrows, double team on us, why? i dont get it, BG already wins every time whit massive people, and on top of it, we get double teamed.

Bg trying to get inside the keep while sea of sorrows spawn kills who tries to enter the keep. This type of behaviour should be punished by anet, this is wVsWvsW not W&W vs W.

They can attack, smc, or anything that is green but no they decide to help the enemy. 

Youtube link

That's the nature of 3 way fights, there's always a double team happening, if sos was attacking bg instead it would be a double team on bg then, will you cry on behalf of bg then? You don't take turns doing 1v1's, if that was the intended way to play they would have just made it 2 server matchup instead. Accept this fact and work with it.

There's positives and negatives to this setup, there are times when it's not in your favor, but also times when it is. But part of the problem is when going for points it's just easier to just go after the weakest side, there is nothing to encourage the two weakest in the match to constantly go after the biggest/strongest server. The only times you see it working positively if when two sides are trying to break something like a t3 smc.

Now the lesson to learn here, the next time bg or sos are attacking each other at one of their objectives, especially their keep, return the favor and screw over whomever you thought offended you the most in that double team. There are also other ways to relieve pressure by attacking important objectives of either of those sides, pull them off the map to defend something if you have to. Good luck with any of that though, because it requires players with a brain and giving a care other than back capping in 5mins.

• Like 6

Something like this happened when Dragonbrand was re-linked with another server.  We were put into tier 1 with BG and another server, and they decided to tag-team us without fighting each other.  I managed to sneak through once on EBG (BG was blue) and I took the camps from red un-bothered.  Eventually a bunch of reds came to try and kill me.  Then, they came again.  Took the 4 of them two tries to finally get me.  Whole time, didn't see a single member of BG once in red territory.

It's something that BG does.  I don't know how the negotiate it, but every matchup BG picks someone to focus on, and the other server either helps out or does nothing at all.  

Edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Sinester.3572 said:

Youtube link

I'm sorry you accidentally entered World vs World. In this game mode, players are supposed to kill you.

To return to PvE, click the castle icon on the top left of the screen, and then click "leave the mists" on the bottom right.

You're welcome and good luck.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 4
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

be better than them, just kill them both, easy farm kek

we gone yesterday into one EBG keep to keepfarm, with ~30-40 people for 1 hour. at lord room, even the other color came twice with a zerg to push us, we killed them off twice. that's why doubleteaming should not exactly hurt you, as long as u know what you do and play with like-minded people, u can just avoid any real doubleteaming

if they in the meantime flip your objectives, who cares? mostly is just bc of your own server ppl do not give enough sh*ts about it, and they are free to do so. usually there'd be on most servers at most times enough people around to defend anything, just it is either a communication issue or a motivation one. (bad scouting, bad information, bad battle organization [losing on higher numbers bc unable to group up])

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2021 at 10:58 PM, Sinester.3572 said:

Youtube link

That is part of the game mode, YES it feels unfair but that's the game. 

If it would the be opposite case you would not be complaining, would you now? 

Just enjoy the fights and wait for the next week if you don't. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

That is part of the game mode, YES it feels unfair but that's the game. 

If it would the be opposite case you would not be complaining, would you now? 

Just enjoy the fights and wait for the next week if you don't. 

It's not so much the game as it is behaviour adapting to the failures of the game.

The mode was originally designed to make 2 and 3 attack 1 to keep matchups fresh for longer and leads trading hands more.

However, since Anet has let the ladder and population balance slip into absurdity and players mainly prioritize on-map content now, what you usually see happening is that 1 ignores 3 because the difference is just too large, looking to goad content out of 2 upon which 3 vultures the content (usually by attacking 2 as they are already on the backfoot and content takes place within their space). Ideally they would go hit 1 to draw fights away or even out engagements but they are looking for easy kills and rewards (loot and participation) with little reprisal. Many times 2 also rather attempt to create content with 1 than to go bully 3 which often ends up with the weakest server not going down the ladder.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, subversiontwo.7501 said:

what you usually see happening is that 1 ignores 3 because the difference is just too large, 

You bring a very good point. Alliances is indirectly supposed to fix that because of the Guild pride which somehow gets the players more involved than a unknow server things they belong to. But alliances seems not to be coming for the moment. 

12 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

You bring a very good point. Alliances is indirectly supposed to fix that because of the Guild pride which somehow gets the players more involved than a unknow server things they belong to. But alliances seems not to be coming for the moment. 

Um, kinda sorta, I guess.

It's not the guild pride that will even out populations but rather that servers are automatically evened out every 8 weeks or so. It's hopefully the same thing that will make transfers a bit less impactful, because paying for something that you can get for free within 8 weeks should be less appealing (or paying to upset balance when it gets reset every 8 weeks should be less appealing).

Relinks as they are now stopped the game from falling off a cliff in 2016 but the system has always been much of a compromise (basically keeping certain things unfair and broken at their onset), pretty open to manipulation and unprecise. It did the job it was intended for, it keeps doing a job it was never intended for the more Alliances delay.

Ed. this is the 2018 population graph that Anet posted:

https://i.imgur.com/1uFZPf9.png

This is the original post from Ray

Edited by subversiontwo.7501

On 10/16/2021 at 1:58 PM, Sinester.3572 said:

Youtube link

Your first problem was playing on EBG. True Tarnished Coast folks play on Red BL.

On 10/16/2021 at 10:51 PM, Shroud.2307 said:

And TC double teamed on Mag last week. What goes around.

I mean... everyone either ignores Mag or double-teams them because they're kittens. Plus is it really double-teaming when they try their hardest to get out of T1?

Edited by Bristingr.5034
  • Like 1

Well you see, us SoS users are only really used to attacking walls and K Training. We love to avoid fights, of course, so when it became a 3 way, we chose the path of least resistance and let those bags pour in. /s

In all seriousness, though....an enemy is an enemy. While there may be some people that will organize 2 servers vs 1, in general it's not that complex.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:58 PM, Sinester.3572 said:

Youtube link

It's somewhat unsportsmanlike, but nearly all WvW players have all experienced it to some extent. That's why I don't mind so much when I do it to others. I know it's wrong and I feel a little guilty doing it, but I would do it with the memory of enemies doing it to me. Sometimes you need a little revenge - if I could never succeed, no matter how dirty, I'd never play.

Edited by Svarty.8019