Time to give everyone stealth and TP

Crab Fear.1624

32 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

NO hell no.

Just imagine reaper with stealth please no don't do it that would be a nightmare. If i'm playing ranger last thing i need is a invisible necro abusing 1 shots.

My gosh indeed stealth reaper would be a beast. Even steath berserker would be strong - decapitate from stealth would hurt

• Like 1

Or just make sure every class has two 3 sec reveal options in their utility repertoire. The teleport idea is silly as mobility has been handed out like candy to almost every class like candy over the last few years, half the classes are more mobile then they should be given their other defensive means.

Lastly doing what op suggested wont fix anything as players will still chose the easiest route ie...complaining about anything they have troubles with vs trying to learn proper ways to deal with them.

On 10/16/2021 at 10:19 PM, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Have a general skill that everyone can slot for these, and make runes specific to other professions that allow them to gain stealth on certain type use.

This way, we can stop complaining about thief stealth, and give us a little more ini management relief.

They should probably balance stealth in this game for once.  GW2 is the only game I know of that places basically zero restrictions on stealth while also granting 100% invisibility!  Some classes don't even have a single skill to reveal.  It's just a kitten design.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

They should probably balance stealth in this game for once.  GW2 is the only game I know of that places basically zero restrictions on stealth while also granting 100% invisibility!  Some classes don't even have a single skill to reveal.  It's just a kitten design.

A stealthed character should be revealed when they get hit by an attack. Change my mind.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Really, gw2 is the only mmo where stealth isnt a hit of a button lol. In gw2 u have to go through more hoops than any other mmo to keep stealth up ie blasting through smoke fields vs just having perma stealth in wow with a back up perma stealth to use in combat OR eso where u get 3 sec of stealth by just hitting a button so u just tap it every 3 secs AND it stops dot damage from hurting u while ur in stealth.

Gw2 stealth is actually thee most fair stealth in mmo's requiring the most active upkeep and resources to keep up, resources that are also used to attack. Man this games playerbase is special.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The best thing to do with stealth is give it exclusively to Thief, tie it exclusively to an F-skill profession mechanic with a 1s cast and ammo (possibly also with an active cancel and an initiative maintenance cost/second), then re-work the "stealth" skill set into support and control (with a few, select instances of high damage) and spread them around utilities rather than tying them to weapon sets.  It'd be easy enough to even do stuff like re-work Thief utilities into things like Druid glyphs (i.e. they're one thing while visible and another while in stealth).

Point is, the problem with stealth is its inconsistent and ultimately random distribution, and the fact that it's generally passively or instantly applied with no real downside while active.

Edited by Swagg.9236
  • Like 2

How to make Stealth less obnoxious:

Attacking immediately breaks stealth. No exceptions. 

That'll solve multiple issues.

No more hiding the tell of hard hitting/high impact skills in stealth. That means no more:

Stealth True shots, Stealth Spear of justice, Stealth Entangle, Stealth Prime Light Beam (This was actually dangerous back when it did damage). 

If you evade an attack from stealth, you feel more rewarded. 

Naturally, this is a big nerf to backstab, so to compensate, backstab should hit harder. 

3 hours ago, Swagg.9236 said:

The best thing to do with stealth is give it exclusively to Thief, tie it exclusively to an F-skill profession mechanic with a 1s cast and ammo (possibly also with an active cancel and an initiative maintenance cost/second), then re-work the "stealth" skill set into support and control (with a few, select instances of high damage) and spread them around utilities rather than tying them to weapon sets.  It'd be easy enough to even do stuff like re-work Thief utilities into things like Druid glyphs (i.e. they're one thing while visible and another while in stealth).

Point is, the problem with stealth is its inconsistent and ultimately random distribution, and the fact that it's generally passively or instantly applied with no real downside while active.

Why do people want to remove stealth from mesmer, what kind of kittening game removes invisibility from a kittening illusionist.
Its like the first spell that comes to mind when you think mesmer. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Really, gw2 is the only mmo where stealth isnt a hit of a button lol. In gw2 u have to go through more hoops than any other mmo to keep stealth up ie blasting through smoke fields vs just having perma stealth in wow with a back up perma stealth to use in combat OR eso where u get 3 sec of stealth by just hitting a button so u just tap it every 3 secs AND it stops dot damage from hurting u while ur in stealth.

Gw2 stealth is actually thee most fair stealth in mmo's requiring the most active upkeep and resources to keep up, resources that are also used to attack. Man this games playerbase is special.

Literally every class that stealths does it at the press of a button. Including guardian for some dumb reason.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

when you look at it this way, every class does everything at a press of a button lol

I always enjoy when people complain about "x gets y just by pressing a button".

As if that's not the case for every build ever.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

How to make Stealth less obnoxious:

Attacking immediately breaks stealth. No exceptions. 

That'll solve multiple issues.

No more hiding the tell of hard hitting/high impact skills in stealth. That means no more:

Stealth True shots, Stealth Spear of justice, Stealth Entangle, Stealth Prime Light Beam (This was actually dangerous back when it did damage). 

If you evade an attack from stealth, you feel more rewarded. 

Naturally, this is a big nerf to backstab, so to compensate, backstab should hit harder. 

You'd still have to become revealed when hit. But yes, increase Backstab's and Malicious Backstab's damage