Can anet not post everything on twitter?

I'm sorry, but your post left me confused. I don't use Twitter either, but I went and compared their Twitter feed to the official news blog just now, and aside from the brand-new elite spec teaser pic (which isn't something I'd expect a blog post for) there's nothing substantial on there that isn't in the news blog.

Would you care to explain what kind of information you are missing that can't be found outside of Twitter?

• Like 7
  • Confused 5

And for those that prefer the Official Twitter account to the forums?  Or those that only care for the Official Reddit account, or the Official News Blog?

Plus, with the link to the Official Twitter account right here on the forum pages, it's not that difficult to see what's happening over there.  And...usually anything that's posted outside the forums seems to make its way here, as well. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

And for those that prefer the Official Twitter account to the forums?  Or those that only care for the Official Reddit account, or the Official News Blog?

Plus, with the link to the Official Twitter account right here on the forum pages, it's not that difficult to see what's happening over there.  And...usually anything that's posted outside the forums seems to make its way here, as well. 

If they would treat every of their accounts with the same level of dedication, we would not have this discussion. When it comes to community-communication, they have preferences and the forums on the lower ranks. Especially when there are urgent matters, like server issues or even major threats like a rollback.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

Judging from the amount of confused reactions scattered across this thread, it looks like I'm not the only one confused by this topic 😂.

I still don't get it though, even after reading through the tread. Those of you who agree with the OP's point (whatever that point may be), would you be willing to explain to me what this is all about? Do you have any examples of specific posts/topics?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Judging from the amount of confused reactions scattered across this thread, it looks like I'm not the only one confused by this topic 😂.

I still don't get it though, even after reading through the tread. Those of you who agree with the OP's point (whatever that point may be), would you be willing to explain to me what this is all about? Do you have any examples of specific posts/topics?

I don't agree with it, but the point is they post more stuff on Twitter than they do on the website's news feed.

Whether or not that's a problem depends on your opinion of what's posted I suppose. Recent tweets without accompanying articles include sharing fan site stuff, the teaser image for the new engineer elite spec, examples of Canthan words that will appear in EoD, a picture of the Labyrinthine Horror (aka Steve) with a bunch of red flag emojis (which is a meme that's been going around Twitter lately), advertising for tie-in merchandise and a reminder that a new PvP season started. There's also some things which are included in 1 post on the news feed but get seperate tweets, like the winter event schedule.

According to the social media team at my work effective Twitter promotion requires very frequent posts (a few per day), ideally all with pictures or video and things your followers will want to comment on and/or retweet in order to avoid dropping off people's feeds or being missed in all the noise (a lot of Twitter uses will follow over 1,000 accounts). I suspect that just like at my work a lot of what Anet posts on Twitter is there purely for the sake of having something to post on Twitter and I know I wouldn't want all of it on the news page because I go there to find actual news about the game and I don't want it buried in random picture spam.

IMO the only Twitter posts which could also use a news article are the elite spec teaser images (although that would be a very short article) and maybe the Canthan words, but those might be better off grouped into one article following up the one about how the Canthan language is created (and maybe they're going to do that when they've posted all the individual ones).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Some people, who abstain from the cesspool that is Twitter, are annoyed that Arenanet releases information and other things there, but usually don't put these things on the forums. It's almost always players who link to the Twitter stuff, but that's almost never done by official Arenanet posts.

But seeing that Arenanet employees rarely post anything in the forums anyway, it's hardly surprising to me.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Whats it about? Well for one its about posting on the official site as well as twittler or reddit or w/e. Some people dont go to those sites and come here for official information, because thats what this site is for, or was for I should say. Most of the new stuff is going out to twitter feeds, almost all the dev interaction is going to twitter feeds. Not to mention they keep intergrading twitter more and more into the forums, and that dont sit well with me. Its as if they want to abandon the forums because the new hotness is twitter. I feel all new Dev posts/ game information/ elite specs should be posted on the forums then mirrored to twitter, they dont even post on here! But they do on twitter!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

ANet is not our enemy - at least no mine. What they do is not life-threatening, it is just not very community-friendly. 

But it should be clear and it should be consistent where they publish their information. I do not want to check the official forums, Twitter, FB, reddit ... etc. to get it. One source. Preferably the forums, as it is owned by them and they have outsourced some of the support-features here as well. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I don't feel like I missed anything relevant/substantial from Anet by not having Twitter. I guess it's more like it might make some people feel left out of the conversation, so to speak. 

but there is an embed right on the forums that shows ArenaNet's most recent tweets.

Interesting, I never would've known, that gets completely blocked if you use an ad/tracking blocker.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, deatine.2498 said:

I don't feel like I missed anything relevant/substantial from Anet by not having Twitter. I guess it's more like it might make some people feel left out of the conversation, so to speak. 

Interesting, I never would've known, that gets completely blocked if you use an ad/tracking blocker.

I'm using uBlock origin and it still shows up. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

There's an official reddit account?  I didn't think anything was official on reddit.  For anyone.

I have four and a half stacks of Found Belongings from LWS1 because they announced on reddit that the map currency was going away.  Why the hell would I ever look at reddit for an official posting?  I didn't find it until well over a year later when I was trying to find the vendor for my Found Belongings.  I keep hoping they'll add a tab to one of the Lions Arch vendors to accept them.  I forget exactly which item I was saving up for, but it needed like 5 full stacks.

• Like 1

There's a Twitter widget when you enter any topic, but it's small, hard to read, out of the way and i'm not in any particular thread to read the twitter widget so i usually ignore and miss whatever it's posted there.

And i don't like Twitter and don't go there, i also think Anet should communicate more on the forums.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I mean these are the official forums are they not? Not everyone has twitter or goes there, why cant you post these new reveals on the official forums. I hate twitter.

Whenever players ask where they should try to communicate with the developers, they say, "The official forums", then they post exclusives that aren't on the official forums. It seems to be a bit, "Do as I say, not as I do".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, kettering.6823 said:

I'm using uBlock origin and it still shows up. 🤷‍♂️

To hide it with uBlock custom filter:

en-forum.guildwars2.com##.twitter-timeline-rendered.twitter-timeline
en-forum.guildwars2.com##.ipsLayout_sidebarright

But also as an example of the complaints above, there was recently a significant problem with EU WvW.   Updates posted on Twitter but nothing here not even in the WvW forum.  So I can understand the complaints.  When a company has an official forum IMO official things should also be communicated there. 

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

To hide it with uBlock custom filter:

en-forum.guildwars2.com##.twitter-timeline-rendered.twitter-timeline
en-forum.guildwars2.com##.ipsLayout_sidebarright

But also as an example of the complaints above, there was recently a significant problem with EU WvW.   Updates posted on Twitter but nothing here not even in the WvW forum.  So I can understand the complaints.  When a company has an official forum IMO official things should also be communicated there. 

Oh, I don't want to hide it lol. I was replying to him saying that even with adblock, I can still see it, so if it's blocked it must have been done manually.