Plz, can we swap thief and nerco's elite

Just saw the new trailer for thief elite. it look like a necro/mesmer.  why a thief need to use magic and nerco need to use potion?

can we swap between thief and nerco's elite.  like thief use focus to have necro potion skill and nerco use sword to have thief new skill. i think will more sense.

Edited by JUN YANG.4328
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ASP.8093 said:

… You don't even know what the thief elite spec actually does yet. You're working off, like, a ten-word description and 30 seconds of animations.

But... but here everybody are smarter than anybody else and they knows everything about the new expansion !

I wish they would focus their superhuman powers of seeing the future to give me the next week's lottery numbers.

Edited by Zentao.6314
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Galmac.4680 said:

Oh, and on the fourth expansion the warrior or ranger gets his own shroud too? And revs will get stealth. Hehe. But this necro/thief-mix looks very wrong.

Ranger ready has a Shroud, with Druid.

Guardian Paragon Shroud

Revenant Living Legend Shroud (1 for each Legend)

Elementalist with Elemental forms or a Chaos Form

I mean I kind of get where you are coming from. I wanted a edgy full caster for Necro (more akin to GW1 necro) since launch day, while an Alchemist like spec akin to Pathfinder's Vivisectionist certainly would be cool and fitting for Thief too, but that certainly won't happen at this point or is in the EoD development pipeline. 

That said, while I do think Necro loses out a bit with a fairly bland in terms of class fantasy and mechanically thrown together (although at least reasonable competently so) Harbinger which just sacrifices too much rather than adding new dimensions to Necro - I also feel it's high time for Thief to finally get more into that Shadow Magic avenue that we know from GW1's Assassin and that's been hinted at in Thief since launch with skills like Shadow Step, Shadow Refuge and so on. 

So personally I'm glad Thief seems to be getting a edgy mobile high magic spec with Specter - unrelated to my disappointment that Harbinger's existence kind of kills my hope for an edgy mobile high Magic Wraith like spec, or a proper sacrificial Warlock type caster for Necro.

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Still laughing at how much they're stealing from other classes... and no, I don't really mean how much thieves are stealing from other classes, but how much anet is switching stuff between classes. 😉

Almost like elite specs are supposed to be this games rendition of the dual class system from GW1?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Galmac.4680 said:

Oh, and on the fourth expansion the warrior or ranger gets his own shroud too? And revs will get stealth. Hehe. But this necro/thief-mix looks very wrong.

Rangers got tired of their pets being idiots and never listening to them so they have killed them and are now running around Tyria wearing the carcasses of their pets and calling it Petshroud.

Necromancers have had about as much luck of convincing them that they misinterpreted what a shroud is, as Commanders have of convincing them to stop using Point Blank Shot on everything that moves.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Zentao.6314 said:

But... but here everybody are smarter than anybody else and they knows everything about the new expansion !

I wish they would focus their superhuman powers of seeing the future to give me the next week's lottery numbers.

14, 73, 8, 62