The Untamed - new ranger elite spec

Jijimuge.4675

Interesting to see what exactly the "wild magic" buffs does, whatever it's just stat boosting or perhaps changes how some skills function? 
Sounds like it will give plenty of CC and heavy dmg from pet, so very much in the spirit of Bunny Thumper as many hoped for?

Afraid it won't give rangers the spec that can make them usefull in zergs, since it seems like the pet very much will still get whiped out.

• Sad 1

Just now, Dragana.1497 said:

It's hard to tell from a teaser, but maybe one pet and the F4 lets you switch between the energy on you or on your pet? Maybe?

Yeah I were wondering what the "trade off" will be, but sorta boring if it's the same as Soulbeast? But I think they might do just that

2 minutes ago, Dragana.1497 said:

It's hard to tell from a teaser, but maybe one pet and the F4 lets you switch between the energy on you or on your pet? Maybe?

Yes that is correct, the teaser says as much. 

Well the pet seems to be much tankier while empowered, and utilities seems like big AoE. 

If the pet does not instadie in WvW i am happy. 

3 minutes ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

Interesting to see what exactly the "wild magic" buffs does, whatever it's just stat boosting or perhaps changes how some skills function? 
Sounds like it will give plenty of CC and heavy dmg from pet, so very much in the spirit of Bunny Thumper as many hoped for?

Afraid it won't give rangers the spec that can make them usefull in zergs, since it seems like the pet very much will still get whiped out.

It is a rock themed buff. It could maybe be something like making the pet invulnerable while it has the buff, which would make pets more viable in WvW.

So I think there could be potential.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Yes that is correct, the teaser says as much. 

Well the pet seems to be much tankier while empowered, and utilities seems like big AoE. 

If the pet does not instadie in WvW i am happy. 

The pet will instadie...around the end of the video you can notice how the Bolstering mechanic ends on the tiger while staying on ranger, chances are we're talking about a resource management mechanic that will most likely run out during a zerg fight.

I pray for an "on and off" instace like soulbeast mode..what I expect is a resource managemet like druid in which case...yeah it will fail in wvw zerg fights

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lazze.9870 said:

AoE damage and pets do not belong in the same sentence.

As for my opinion, it looks crap. The same slow, useless pet abilities as always. They can charge them up as much as they want, it's still awful.

And another green fartcloud obscuring the character to top it off.

Yes that is my fear too.  

But if utilities are big AoE (the one shown looks like) and pets don't instadie because of the green gloo thingy i would not mind to play bunny thumper in WvW. 

• Like 1

Replacing the pet swap with swapping this buff definitely gives concerns for the pet being targetted in PvP since that would mean there isn't an easy way to revive it. But if the buff makes the pet nearly invulnerable and the ranger significantly tougher, it means your opponent can counter you by attacking whatever's not buffed. It may be that the buff is also disabled when one of you is incapacitated?

Definitely could be an interesting take on a beastmastery spec.

Edited by HotHit.6783
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

I pray for an "on and off" instace like soulbeast mode..what I expect is a resource managemet like druid in which case...yeah it will fail in wvw zerg fights

Ufff i hope no resource management. Best i could accept would be like a swap in/out where the resource is reset everytime the swap takes place . 

2 minutes ago, HotHit.6783 said:

Replacing the pet swap with swapping this buff definitely gives concerns for the pet being targetted in PvP since that would mean there isn't an easy way to revive it. But if the buff makes the pet nearly invulnerable and the ranger significantly tougher, it means your opponent can counter you by attacking whatever's not buffed. It may be that the buff is also disabled when one of you is incapacitated?

Definitely could be an interesting take on a beastmastery spec.

That at least would make it kinda interesting to fight against in a 1 vs 1 situation.

1 minute ago, AlexndrTheGreat.8310 said:

Dang, I’m sorry but “Untamed” is kinda a stupid elite name lol. I can understand not wanting to straight up call it a Warden, but man it could have been named something better lol.

Anet trying to be unique and unpredictable with names. That's why we have the "Virtuoso" which has like nothing to do with music whatsoever.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1