The Mechanist - new engineer EoD elite spec

Jijimuge.4675

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You doubt Anet?

Anet at least never made any utility skills or traits completely stop to work with specific elite spec. So I expect med kit to still work as a healing skill with mechanist, which means that at least F1 needs to get preserved.

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Anet at least never made any utility skills or traits completely stop to work with specific elite spec. So I expect med kit to still work as a healing skill with mechanist, which means that at least F1 needs to get preserved.

Or it just means that F1 will heal you if med kit equipped no matter what happens to it.

That or they'll make equipping Med  Kit heal you on a CD when you equip it.

2 hours ago, Aravind.9610 said:

I'm guessing this means our toolbelt is kaput?

In the trailer it stated "Powerful Mech Command Skills & Mace Attacks". This makes me believe that  the Toolbelt will be retained. It seems we will receive some sort of mech command skills for our utility also providing its own tool belt skills.  Maybe we will get Signets with a passives and actives for the mech.

Edited by MatyrGustav.6210

6 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

The only potential saving grace here is that maybe, just maybe, a new F1 skill will act like ranger's F1 and have no cooldown, thus will activate traits like Static Discharge, so for the beta week we might be able to have a bit of fun with the class.

But overall, This spec ticks pretty much every box on my list on what I specifically didn't want for a new elite spec.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You doubt Anet?

I men can we anything but doubt Anet with their AI record? 🙂

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Funny ... Rangers QQ about AI on pets, Engineers can't wait to get theirs. 

The Engineers that only play open world content can't wait to get theirs. Many of us that have tried a ranger or play  PvP, WvW and instanced PvE are not really looking forward to an elite spec that will have pathfinding issues, die in AoE, can't hit moving targets and use abilitys with major delays and following Anets own design; Not allowed in competitive play as a viable build....

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I feel like they were playing Borderlands 2 when they came up with this, because it sorta makes me think of Gaige, the Mechromancer. You used the skill/trait lines in that game to adjust what Deathtrap (the mech) was capable of doing alongside you. If it can get as awesome as it does in that game, then it may actually get me to play Engi again (haven't played in years).

Edited by RyuDragnier.9476

49 minutes ago, MatyrGustav.6210 said:

In the trailer it stated "Powerful Mech Command Skills & Mace Attacks". This makes me believe that  the Toolbelt will be retained. It seems we will receive some sort of mech command skills for our utility also providing its own tool belt skills.  Maybe we will get Signets with a passives and actives for the mech.

Utilities are signets as far as we now. Means that toolbelt could very well be replaced by "Powerful Mech Command Skills". Or just the signets Toolbelt skills are called "Mech Command"

I'm hoping for two things:

1. The spec has enough tools to support a condi playstyle 2+ without kits.

Holo is mostly power, and scrapper is pure power. We really don't need power spec #3. I want a condi spec with the freedom to experiment with my utlility selections. 

2. We get group support that actually matters. 

If it's just boons like regen, vigor, protection, and might, it's going to get outclassed by Druid, who can do that and bring unique buffs, 

They did mention barrier,  but we're going to have to compete with both scourge (arguably best carry spec in the game right now) and the new thief elite which also grants barrier. 

Hopefully we can either bring some kind of unique buff, enough utility alongside our barriers to compete with scourge/thief, or valuable boons like on demand aegis, stability or alac. 

12 minutes ago, Gomes.5643 said:

Utilities are signets as far as we now. Means that toolbelt could very well be replaced by "Powerful Mech Command Skills". Or just the signets Toolbelt skills are called "Mech Command"

That would be interesting. We could receive all new toolbelt commands for the mech depending on what utilities are equipped. 

I would hope for actual Utility skill commands since they would be a lot more powerful. I've always wanted a full on pet class that has 1 pet and all abilities are done through the pet.

Like the healing utility would activate an AOE heal from the mech, while your toolbelt version would be a smaller self heal or a repair skill that heals the mech.  

An idea for a utility could be a command to make the mech perform that tornado skill on the trailer. The toolbelt version could provide might to you and the mech. etc

Edited by MatyrGustav.6210

My biggest issue is NOT with the pet (if that's what it is), but with not getting dual Maces. Right now we only have GUN and SHIELD to wield with Mace. It just isn't all that exciting knowing how those two off hand weapons/skills play. That is the one aspect which is forcing me to look elsewhere with this class...or I can go back to playing quickness scrapper, which I still do love. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MatyrGustav.6210 said:

That would be interesting. We could receive all new toolbelt commands for the mech depending on what utilities are equipped. 

I would hope for actual Utility skill commands since they would be a lot more powerful. I've always wanted a full on pet class that has 1 pet and all abilities are done through the pet.

Like the healing utility would activate an AOE heal from the mech, while your toolbelt version would be a smaller self heal or a repair skill that heals the mech.  

An idea for a utility could be a command to make the mech perform that tornado skill on the trailer. The toolbelt version could provide might to you and the mech. etc

I think that is exactly how the utilities will work. The passive part will probably give some buffs to the Golem and the active part will let him do some attacks.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MatyrGustav.6210 said:

That could actually be intrestring if they have gone trough the work of redoing ALL of our toolbelt abiliyts'
So if we have Flamethrower Kit we get a mech command skill where it uses a Flamethrower and if we have Rocket Boots it's get a flame AoE spin or something rad like that.
I highly doubt it, but that would be intrestring.

I also feel it would be odd if it's only the signets that give us command skill in toolbelt slots, because that would pretty much force us into the signets for utility I feel.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

If I had to make a prediction. 

Signets will have a passive portion, and the active portion will be the golem command. 

"Signet utility skills allow them to give further bonuses to themselves and the mech. These signets can have a variety of impacts, such as commanding your mech to emit a large protective force field for allies to shelter inside, creating an electric field around it to confuse enemies, or commanding your mech to unleash its ultimate weapon, the Jade Buster Cannon.”

Yeah that very much seems to be the case based on the bonus information we are given 🙂

The spec looks fun but I wonder how much control and customization is actually possible. Trying to go for 3 different modes sounds hard but it could just be a change with the grandmaster. I want to see what this guy offers especially on support.

Edited by aymnad.9023

51 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Is the new Elite skill going to be a Mecha suit? That alone would be a selling point for me 

https://tenor.com/view/mobile-suit-gundam-anime-robot-kitten-gif-23441999

You mean that?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Summon_Power_Suit

As far as the teaser go, the spec only offer:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Summon_D-Series_Golem

and

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Summon_7-Series_Golem

And lastly Engineer/Ranger.. they really have gone all out on making this batch feel like duel profession specs, it's pretty awesome if you ask me, I miss that Gw1 mechanic.

Even though a good few of us speculated some kind of golem companion mechanic with this I'm still finding it hard to believe they actually went and did it.

Most specs in the past have added a few skill types from one class to another but this time we're seeing some pretty serious class defining mechanics like Necromancers Shroud, Engineers Weapon Kits and Rangers Pet mechanic being given to other classes.

This is really cool imo, makes me feel like nothing is off the table with future specs, and that's good fun for speculating and stuff.

I really like the idea of this elite spec, but isnt the mech just too big? I feel lke it may get tiresome for a longer periods of playtime to drag it around. Thing what I find fun about Ranger is that u can choose different pet depending on your preference/build/mood. The mech will need to have alot to offer to keep people engaged.

Edited by Bealis.6023
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Wouldn't call this one yet. I can't imagine that anet really creates an elite spec which completely disables a healing skill from healing it's user (F1 from med kit replacing the regular heal skill).

I hope that it will be a temporary flip over. That you can switch between 2 sets of toolbelts, one which holds your regular toolbelt skills (-F5) and one which is for commanding the mech.

The knockdown from the golem appearing seems like an important CC to access, and I don't think they'd showcase that summoning animation if it wasn't something you could do regularly.

My guess is the F5 will be a "Deploy/Recall" button. While deployed F1-F4 is all command abilities. When the golem is recalled they're your regular toolbelt skills.

I hope Anet will announce a rework of AI of pets during showcase stream. And I hope they will make a lot of changes for Core Engi as well (especially for turrets).

Without these changes this spec is doomed to be unviable in all game modes except open world. Which is sad and bad.

• Like 1

Just now, Bomboed.5697 said:

I hope Anet will announce a rework of AI of pets during showcase stream. And I hope they will make a lot of changes for Core Engi as well (especially for turrets).

Without these changes this spec is doomed to be unviable in all game modes except open world. Which is sad and bad.

Yeah that's one of the positives imo of having such prominent mechanics like this becoming accessible to other professions.. albeit in different form.
It could end up justifying some much needed improvements to various mechanics which until now may have been put to the side as a lesser priority.

• Like 1

Just now, Teratus.2859 said:

Yeah that's one of the positives imo of having such prominent mechanics like this becoming accessible to other professions.. albeit in different form.
It could end up justifying some much needed improvements to various mechanics which until now may have been put to the side as a lesser priority.

I'm hoping for the same and in special if they also spread the improvement of AI to the other AI based specs in the game.
If they do reveal an AI rework at the stream, it will very much change how I feel about the entire situation.

But I'm not gonna get my hopes high 

• Like 1