300 traits

BobbyT.7192

So I was on a break from the game when a lot of traits got 300'd. I get why they wanted to change them, it's just unfortunate that thieves have 2 traits affected by this.
With a lot more eyes are on the thief forum then usual. I think it good opportunity to offer some suggestions to actually improve these, and a few other traits.  Withthe idea of making these passive traits have activators that can be controlled

Instant reflexes:  Gain 0.5s evasion whenever you weapon swap
Hard to catch: Stealing now stun breaks, restores endurance if you break a cc this way
Burst of Agility: Gain 2s of quickness and Super speed when you weapon swap while in combat.

Evasion duration ratio for Instant Reflexes matches what the pve version is currently is. (0.5s with 10s Cooldown vs 2 and 40).  Plus 0.5s is like a weapon skill evade, like shortbow 3 or S/D 3.
I'm surprise a stun break for steal was never considered. Sure it's instant cast, but your still effect by the CC while your teleporting in front of your target. Add the endurance you have a trait worth taking for the master slot.  Sort of competes with the daredevil trait that also restores endurance on steal as well, but thats Acro for you.
I've added Burst of Agility because it had the same passive playstyle as the first two , and I figure this would get changed anyways if they ever look that the 300 traits again.

Of course you can't have a suggestion post on the thief forum without mentioning these changes
- Preparedness made based line
- Thrill of the crime take Preparedness place.
Then you can add back Ricochet in a way that doesn't just limit it to just pistols.  Something like this;
- Ricochet: Projectile finishers and bolts from whirl finisher bounce one additional time. 

Edited by BobbyT.7192
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not gonna lie, the title made me imagine a trait that makes the thief screams "THIS IS KRYTA!!!" every time he stomps someone. Kinda want that now. 

On topic; these suggestions are pretty good, you'd have to think about how they would interact with deadeye's mark and specter's siphon tho, especially syphon because if cast on allies with alacrity it's gonna have like a 7-8s cooldown. Attaching a stunbreak and endurance regen to that would be silly OP. 

I would say there was precedent for stunbreaks on steal because of stunbreaks on necro shroud and on rev legend swap, but I'm pretty sure both of those traits have been reworked because they were too strong. So hey. 

Edited by Jugglemonkey.8741

3 hours ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Not gonna lie, the title made me imagine a trait that makes the thief screams "THIS IS KRYTA!!!" every time he stomps someone. Kinda want that now. 

On topic; these suggestions are pretty good, you'd have to think about how they would interact with deadeye's mark and specter's siphon tho, especially syphon because if cast on allies with alacrity it's gonna have like a 7-8s cooldown. Attaching a stunbreak and endurance regen to that would be silly OP. 

I would say there was precedent for stunbreaks on steal because of stunbreaks on necro shroud and on rev legend swap, but I'm pretty sure both of those traits have been reworked because they were too strong. So hey. 

Yes, I channeled my inner Leonidas thinking of this title. I appreciate someone got the reference.

Too be fair, I came up with my ideas before the reveal of spectre, so I balanced around the idea steal and swipe. With lead attacks and sleight of hand, (30/20s and 25/16s respectively) and there's stun breaks out there with that low of a CD. It would also share a slot with Swindler's Equilibrium so I didn't have to worry about that.

With Marks, I figured since your more likely using marks at the beginning combat, you might not have your stunbreak readily available unless you kill your target.  Unless your fighting a mob, that could be a challenge.

Siphon kinda throws wrench into that idea. Yes with ally target, 9s cd with lead attacks , sleight of hand, and alacrity is really good stun break.

Only thing I could think of is attached the stunbreak to F2 shadow shroud instead for spectre, so it would be like necro shroud like that.

If thats a thing, then maybe switch stun break and endurance gain to when you use your F2 skill for all specs. Then you have to have a stolen skills to get stun break (which you won't get if F1 gets blocked)

You can use improvisation to have 2 stun breaks in a row, but then you going into deadly arts for it. Then you have 3 trait lines to pick from after acrobatics. Elite spec, trickery, or deadly arts, pick 2.

Edited by BobbyT.7192
  • Confused 1

On 10/22/2021 at 6:50 PM, BobbyT.7192 said:

Instant reflexes:  Gain 0.5s evasion whenever you weapon swap

Too strong. 30 sec ICD

Hard to catch: Stealing now stun breaks, restores endurance if you break a cc this way

The ability to CC on steal, rip boons like stab and nullify enemy attacks already makes it strong. Stunbreak on top gives no counterplay. May as well make Berserker Mode for warrior an AoE Daze as well. Kepp the endurance restoration. It's fitting. 25 endurance top.

Burst of Agility: Gain 2s of quickness and Super speed when you weapon swap while in combat.

At least 15 sec ICD

Sorry if I sounded too hostile. Warrior also suffers from this. The solution is one. Auto stunbreaks/invulns cannot exist in traits.

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

40 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Too strong. 30 sec ICD

The ability to CC on steal, rip boons like stab and nullify enemy attacks already makes it strong. Stunbreak on top gives no counterplay. May as well make Berserker Mode for warrior an AoE Daze as well. Kepp the endurance restoration. It's fitting. 25 endurance top.

At least 15 sec ICD

Instant reflexes is currently 2s on a 40s CD in pve, I don't think 0.5s every 10s is going break anything, especially since there's plenty of weapon out there that provide something similar. Plus it forces the thief from a weapon set, which may not be ideal.

For hard to catch, if your going into acrobatics for a stun break, your giving up a another trait line for it. If your doing acro and trickery, for a daze and stun break, what are you giving up? Elite spec? Deathly arts? Also i give 1/4s Aoe daze on beserker mode,  why not? I'd image warriors would like it.

I rather not see CD on traits unless they are tied to certain actions, if that means adjusting some numbers a bit, then i prefer that.

Edited by BobbyT.7192
  • Confused 1

On 10/24/2021 at 4:44 PM, BobbyT.7192 said:

Instant reflexes is currently 2s on a 40s CD in pve, I don't think 0.5s every 10s is going break anything, especially since there's plenty of weapon out there that provide something similar. Plus it forces the thief from a weapon set, which may not be ideal.

For hard to catch, if your going into acrobatics for a stun break, your giving up a another trait line for it. If your doing acro and trickery, for a daze and stun break, what are you giving up? Elite spec? Deathly arts? Also i give 1/4s Aoe daze on beserker mode,  why not? I'd image warriors would like it.

I rather not see CD on traits unless they are tied to certain actions, if that means adjusting some numbers a bit, then i prefer that.

The problem with evade on weapon swap is that you'd then be able to evade while CC'd, which is the exact reason I hated fighting mirage. I like the thought you're putting into this, but yeah, that would also be problematic now I think about it.