How to make Mechanist to work with Toolbelt.

Bomboed.5697

Mechanist trade-off is too harsh for Engi - toolbelt is too important for Engi as a class, there is no way to make and AI pet to be worth of losing 5 toolbelt skills. They are too crucial for the class customization, a lot of utility skills are used only because of their toolbelt skills. Some kits have toolbelt skills that define them (Bomb kit, Grenade kit, Elixir Gun).

HOW TO FIX IT:
Turn pet command skills into a Kit! All Engi e-spec replace F5 toolbelt skill with spec mechanic. Do the same! Place a "Golem Control Kit" on F5, that will replace our 1-5 weapon skills with pet command skills. Just make 1 skill to choose a target for golem, 2-4 skills to be Command Skills from traits and 5 skill to be something new, like a self-destruction.
As a trade-off you can increase all toolbelt skills CDs. Like a 20% or 30%. Even this will be better than a complete removal of toolbelt.
Or do the same as Holo - Golem Command Kit will put all other kits on a CD.

This is not an ideal solution, but we, engi players, already are used to this playstyle of constant switching between kit just to push one or two buttons from it. This could work. Something needs to be done to save toolbelt skills. Because removal of toolbelt skills ruins the whole design of the class, removes a lot of customization and just forces players to use 5 signets. It is a bad design.

• Like 2

Just now, Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

i think a better way is to allow us f1-4 when the pet is stowed

In this case they need to rebalance everything in this e-spec. Because currently it is designed around idea of pet being almost always active.
I like the idea of toolbelt access when pet is stowed, but they need to remake the whole playstyle of Mechanist to work around a constant re-summon of pet.

Just now, Bomboed.5697 said:

In this case they need to rebalance everything in this e-spec. Because currently it is designed around idea of pet being almost always active.
I like the idea of toolbelt access when pet is stowed, but they need to remake the whole playstyle of Mechanist to work around a constant re-summon of pet.

Hmm I'm not sure about that, but I had hope dto get clarification on atleast the medkit problem. Selecting medkit as a mechanist loses the selfheal since it is tied to the toolbelt. Not sure how they will solve this, if at all.

• Like 1

Or what they could do is have the pet out all the time and your f5 skill would swap between toolbelt and pet commands. Thats a solid trade off imo as you can only use 1 at a time. Maybe you could give it a 5 second recharge like holoform or something. 

Another thing they could do is have your f5 skill temporarily swap out your utility skills with pet commands.

Lastly, they could finally give engineers a weapon swap, but the swap would be your pet commands on your 1-5 skills. This would be kinda clunky when taking kits though probably. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Or what they could do is have the pet out all the time and your f5 skill would swap between toolbelt and pet commands. Thats a solid trade off imo as you can only use 1 at a time. Maybe you could give it a 5 second recharge like holoform or something. 

I like this one a lot.

1 hour ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Another thing they could do is have your f5 skill temporarily swap out your utility skills with pet commands.

Lastly, they could finally give engineers a weapon swap, but the swap would be your pet commands on your 1-5 skills. This would be kinda clunky when taking kits though probably. 

I think is is workable, but the cooldown needs to be 20 - 30 seconds loss to make you commit.