Jump to content
  • Sign Up

So… med kit is junk on Mechanist?


Recommended Posts

F1 heal is gone. You can only AOE heal via the kit which is tiny for a self sustain, and heal skill traits don’t work because the F1 is the heal skill rather than skill 6 normally. That means Med kit Mechanist literally doesn’t have a proper heal skill. So rip med kit on Mechanist. DoA.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We still have 4 other heal skills that we can use that are actually better 🤦‍♂️.

To be honest, everything outside of signets will be junk on mechanist. Because ALL other skills are designed with their toolbelt skills in mind. A lot of utility skills are usable only because of thei

I love how the optimistic people were all like, maybe they fixed the AI. First thing the mech does on screen is run off on its own. 😆

To be honest, everything outside of signets will be junk on mechanist. Because ALL other skills are designed with their toolbelt skills in mind. A lot of utility skills are usable only because of their toolbelt skills.

We loose the most crucial part of Engi design to get a buggy AI pet that looks cool, but functions badly.

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

They could just have the normal utility f skill there while the mech is not available, that way you have something while your mech is dead.

You don't. We saw it on stream. Without the AI nightmare that didn't even do what it was supposed to ON STREAM WITH THE DEV, he still didn't have the toolbelt skills even when it was dead. They all just disappeared excepting for the [SUMMON PET] button.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kusumura.8642 said:

You don't. We saw it on stream. Without the AI nightmare that didn't even do what it was supposed to ON STREAM WITH THE DEV, he still didn't have the toolbelt skills even when it was dead. They all just disappeared excepting for the [SUMMON PET] button.

I mean thats something that they could add

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

I love how the optimistic people were all like, maybe they fixed the AI. First thing the mech does on screen is run off on its own. 😆

And CMC was bloody joking about it. Anet devs are knowingly throwing us under the bus and they laugh about it.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Pretty sure barriers are the intended heal mechanism if you run mechanist not med kit.

Doesn't change the fact that this is the first time they designed a spec which makes specific combinations straight up unusable.

If you are a mechanist, not only don't you have a self heal when using med kit... but all our traits which trigger on healing skill use will most likely do nothing. Like the 2 minor traits in inventions which cleanse/give prot on heal. 

This is probably another showcase of nobody over at Anet actually knowing engineer in detail.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Yeah my condi scrapper is shocked.

Hey, at least condi scrapper still gets something. Almost all our condi skills we have also deal a small amount of power damage, meaning that you gain barrier.

I know, the barrier is tiny and doesn't change much, but it at least technically works. Mechanist on the other hand really reads "this stuff is disabled while you use mechanist". Which is the first time they did something like this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Doesn't change the fact that this is the first time they designed a spec which makes specific combinations straight up unusable.

If you are a mechanist, not only don't you have a self heal when using med kit... but all our traits which trigger on healing skill use will most likely do nothing. Like the 2 minor traits in inventions which cleanse/give prot on heal. 

This is probably another showcase of nobody over at Anet actually knowing engineer in detail.

The Virtuoso begs to differ.  There are a lot clone and illusion related traits that do not work on it because the Virtuoso doesn't create clones anymore.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

The Virtuoso begs to differ.  There are a lot clone and illusion related traits that do not work on it because the Virtuoso doesn't create clones anymore.  

As far as I know, all traits on mesmer which generate clones will generate blades instead. So they still work.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

I think for support builds you should be ok using a med kit as for dps power dmg and condi you would be better off using a real heal maybe AED (though it would be cool if the AED would work with the mech).

How are you supposed to heal yourself on med kit without F1?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

How are you supposed to heal yourself on med kit without F1?

I think he is saying that Regeneration is worth anything. I know he is not about to say that the skill 4 is worth anything, because in full Minstrel's (Or Harrier's, honestly), the heal is barely over 1100.

Surely, he is trying to assert that Regeneration is worth a dren and I hope that he is, because I would sincerely hope that I can attribute his statement to ignorance rather than outright malice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kusumura.8642 said:

I think he is saying that Regeneration is worth anything. I know he is not about to say that the skill 4 is worth anything, because in full Minstrel's (Or Harrier's, honestly), the heal is barely over 1100.

Surely, he is trying to assert that Regeneration is worth a dren and I hope that he is, because I would sincerely hope that I can attribute his statement to ignorance rather than outright malice.

Don't know which it is. But from what we have seen, med kit will not work with a support build.

Lacking the self heal is huge, but especially if you want to go for a healer build, there comes a lot of other stuff in which makes it dysfunctional.

The lack of the self heal means that a 3k burst healing in combination with medical dispersion field is missing.

Then the lack of a healing skill also disables some support minor traits in inventions... with no healing skill, we get no AoE condition cleanse and no AoE protection application from these traits either.

I really hope anet thought of this and made some stand in. Like the mecha F1 skill triggering these effects or something. Because I don't want to imagine that Anet is so clueless about our class....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I really hope anet thought of this and made some stand in. Like the mecha F1 skill triggering these effects or something. Because I don't want to imagine that Anet is so clueless about our class....

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they've shown time and time again that they are just that clueless about our class and have no idea what to do with it and regret including it in the line-up of the original 8 classes.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh guys you and your med kits my GOD!

Just stop whining until the beta comes... My only problem with the mechanist is that the mech is AI but I'm not complaining about it until the beta.

It's like everyone here wants to play support medkit builds, what.. like... you want support medkit on every freaking elite spec?? Use a different elite spec if you want medkit. The mechanist brings a new playstyle on the table, even if the mech dies you can resummon it with the elite skill (gotta confirm this on the beta) and you can always dismiss your mech before it dies and the CD on it is only 10s from what I've seen.

 

The real question should be, those big numbers we've seen on the mech are skills that have CC on them... So are they gonna do like 1 damage on PvP and WvW? If so, yes this elite spec is most likely trash.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kaizoku.1298 said:

Ugh guys you and your med kits my GOD!

Just stop whining until the beta comes... My only problem with the mechanist is that the mech is AI but I'm not complaining about it until the beta.

It's like everyone here wants to play support medkit builds, what.. like... you want support medkit on every freaking elite spec?? Use a different elite spec if you want medkit. The mechanist brings a new playstyle on the table, even if the mech dies you can resummon it with the elite skill (gotta confirm this on the beta) and you can always dismiss your mech before it dies and the CD on it is only 10s from what I've seen.

 

The real question should be, those big numbers we've seen on the mech are skills that have CC on them... So are they gonna do like 1 damage on PvP and WvW? If so, yes this elite spec is most likely trash.

It is not about wanting to play with med kit in particular.

To this point, Anet always made an effort to ensure that all core traits and skills are working with an upcoming elite spec. They are breaking this design principle with mechanist here, since there are skills and traits which will stop working with this spec, meaning that you don't have the option to use these with the elite spec.

Basically, the point is that this elite spec is limiting build options by removing or disabling too many functions of core engineer, leaving us with a very small pool of skills we can actually combine with this spec.

About the mech recall: no, recalling the mech will not mean that you can resummon it 10 seconds later. The crash down skill notes that the cooldown scales with the health of your mech, 10 seconds is the minimum cooldown just if you recall the mecha while it has full health. 100 seconds is the maximum, when it is dead.

Realistically, since you are unlikely to recall your mech in combat while it has 100% health, it means that your mech cooldown will regularly be something between 10 and 100 seconds. Most likely you recall it when it is low, resulting in a very long cooldown.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people are overreacting as well. I think the spec looks great. I do think there are some interesting ways of building it. People complain about getting less options. But honestly when I look at high end game builds that people usually play there are still certain skills being favored and used and not used. So this will not be any different.

CmC joked about the Pet. I think they are quite aware of this issue and keep a strong eye on it. Like the defiance bar which is another way of buffing the Mech, but same with the toughness and vitality it gets. I think it will be a fun way of building and working with the mech. And still with some of the GM traits you get passive effects anyway and some signets have the effects on you.

But what if my mech dies?

I see it is the same as burst options for other classes. You have to make sure you dont let your mech die and let it repair on time then bring it back after 10 seconds. Let it do its moves and damage and then recall it again. I think it will be much more active than Ranger which I feel has more passive pet management.

I am quite optimistic and stay that way. I am definitely using this spec mostly and see if I can make it work in the several modes and endgame content and all that :).

Edited by RobinotX.1604
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

It is not about wanting to play with med kit in particular.

To this point, Anet always made an effort to ensure that all core traits and skills are working with an upcoming elite spec. They are breaking this design principle with mechanist here, since there are skills and traits which will stop working with this spec, meaning that you don't have the option to use these with the elite spec.

Basically, the point is that this elite spec is limiting build options by removing or disabling too many functions of core engineer, leaving us with a very small pool of skills we can actually combine with this spec.

About the mech recall: no, recalling the mech will not mean that you can resummon it 10 seconds later. The crash down skill notes that the cooldown scales with the health of your mech, 10 seconds is the minimum cooldown just if you recall the mecha while it has full health. 100 seconds is the maximum, when it is dead.

Realistically, since you are unlikely to recall your mech in combat while it has 100% health, it means that your mech cooldown will regularly be something between 10 and 100 seconds. Most likely you recall it when it is low, resulting in a very long cooldown.

Yeah I have just revisited the traits and skills and noticed that the CD gets longer if the mech is missing health.

We'll see how long it will be since we have access to lots of alacrity. And about the toolbelt skills that we lose I'm completely fine with that since I can just switch to different utility skills. You can still use almost all of the kits (just maybe not the elixir gun) anyway, the damage we lose on grenade barrage is whatever, the mech can compensate. The toolbelts we lose that actually hurt are the breakstuns and heals pretty much. The mech covers the damage that we lose from damaging toolbelt skills either way.

 

The cooldown for crash down isn't set in stone as they said so there's no point in crying over it right now.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...