Dev community engagement

Hello I am a player that has returned after a few years.  The thing that got me to return recently was the mea culpa the development team did with WvW and have really truly started improving and engaging the community.  Has there been a similar announcement at all for sPvP?  Any announcement about overhauling it?  Any new or interesting modes or announcements like a vanilla GW2 sPvP ladder or anything?  Thank you!  

3 hours ago, Marxx.5021 said:

All resources go into the next expansion. PvP is pretty much dead anyway.

I hope they change their mind.  It seems like new leadership has taken over and a new path forward has emerged since this Summer.  I know PvP and WvW is an important part of Guild Wars 2 and the leadership team seems to finally be taking notice.

Anet stopped talking to people on the forums for good reason most the people here have no idea what they are talking about and are only fueled to come here when they lose and want to nerf what they lose too. 80% of the posters in pvp do not offer anything of value I'd disengage as well and just read just to get a temperature of the community.

Just take a look at these forums seriously read them its an absolute cesspool. So we don't know and will not know if anet continues to be smart and not engage with this awful place. I'd put money that the devs realized this community has no backbone and is awful when they voted out team modes because no serious pvp community would do that over pride alone you have no idea how awful this community really is.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Hello I am a player that has returned after a few years.  The thing that got me to return recently was the mea culpa the development team did with WvW and have really truly started improving and engaging the community.  Has there been a similar announcement at all for sPvP?  Any announcement about overhauling it?  Any new or interesting modes or announcements like a vanilla GW2 sPvP ladder or anything?  Thank you!  

Pretty sure their goal is not to improve pvp, but rather keep it exactly the way it is so some people can make money off of it.

If they really wanted to fix all of the problems in this game mode, they could do it by the end of the day by having a single employee reenable 5man queues to eliminate virtually all of the issues relating to cheating that plague this game mode.

• Like 2

Given the fact it took them THREE years to give an update since the announcement of WvW alliances which was followed by a failed  beta....I wouldn't get my hopes too high about sPvP, if I were you. All that we have seen in the past 4 years is out of touch devs doing unnecessary / random "balance" changes that do nothing to actually balance the game, but kill any diversity that's left. Can't wait to fight in just a loincloth, stick in my hand.   

• Like 2

On 10/22/2021 at 9:08 PM, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

They havent even mention pvp and the new xpac EoD in the same sentance at all. So not much to look forward in pvp atm. Just same dry desert we've had for years.

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ollbirtan.2915 said:

Given the fact it took them THREE years to give an update since the announcement of WvW alliances which was followed by a failed  beta....I wouldn't get my hopes too high about sPvP, if I were you. All that we have seen in the past 4 years is out of touch devs doing unnecessary / random "balance" changes that do nothing to actually balance the game, but kill any diversity that's left. Can't wait to fight in just a loincloth, stick in my hand.   

Yeah that what was my impression when I left three years ago.  One can hope!  I did see this post from their news after I did some searching and digging.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-world-restructuring-and-the-future-of-world-vs-world/

Before we wrap up this section, we did want to mention that we understand how important profession balance is for World vs World gameplay. To address this, after the expansion releases, we’ll be dedicating design resources to overseeing profession balance for the Live game in a full-time capacity, supporting PvE, PvP, and WvW. This will allow us to deliver balance updates on a much more consistent cadence.

But to your point, I really hope these are actual balance changes, not just random tweaks here and there!

. . . after the expansion releases, we’ll be dedicating design resources to overseeing profession balance for the Live game in a full-time capacity, supporting PvE, PvP, and WvW.

Why haven't there been dedicated balance teams all this time? So now that you want people who don't care about your PvE content and LW junk to fork out cash for EoD, suddenly your amnesia lifts and you realise your game consists of more than one mode?

What have you been doing all these years?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msalakka.4653 said:

Why haven't there been dedicated balance teams all this time? So now that you want people who don't care about your PvE content and LW junk to fork out cash for EoD, suddenly your amnesia lifts and you realise your game consists of more than one mode?

What have you been doing all these years?

Yeah it is unfortunate, but WvW literally got a mea culpa recently too.  I think it is in part due to leadership changing at the top.  Colin, the original creator/developer of GW2 and GW1 has come back from Amazon studious to ArenaNet.  I think they are realizing that WvW and PvP is a big draw for their game, one of the core tenants.  Before that the focus was pure PvE.  As someone else noted there were random, haphazard balances that amounted to just minor tweaks and no overhauls of systems.  Which is honestly what we need, even if just for testing, massively overhaul condi, power, stealth etc. for a week, get feedback and use it.  Let's see!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1