Mechanism: A net loss of options

Kodama.6453

Losing access to all core toolbelt skills seems like a way too hard trade off for me. Mechanist will be the first elite spec in the game which makes you have less options for skills on your skillbar than the core class.

How many skills are lost:

• 4 healing toolbelt skills
  • 20 utility toolbelt skills
  • 3 elite toolbelt skills

This results in us losing access to 27 of our core abilities. Now in comparison, how many skills do we gain through the mechanist elite spec?

• 3 mace weapon skills
  • 9 mech command skills (3 different choices for F1/F2/F3 each)
  • 6 new signet abilities (1 healing signet, 4 utility signets, 1 elite signet)

Total gain are 18 new abilities.... that this new elite spec got advertised as the "new multi tool for all GW2 squads" seems like an illusion for me. As said, this is the first time we are losing more skill options on an elite spec than we gain, we are less versatile than core engineer with it.

It will most likely not happen, but I would like from Anet to reconsider this trade off. Maybe mechanist should have access to at least the F1-F3 toolbelt skills while the mech is not active.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Bomboed.5697 said:

Which is also a lie, because AI based specs are not welcomed in most gamemodes.

The weird part is that I don't know if Anet is really trolling us there or if they are truly that ridiculously out of touch with their own game that they don't saw what a laughable statement that has been.... I usually don't assume malicious intent from Anet devs when it comes to this stuff, but CMC making fun of our mech doing dumb kitten in the presentation made me believe that maybe we truly are just an intern joke for them...

5 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

How many skills are lost:

• 4 healing toolbelt skills
  • 20 utility toolbelt skills
  • 3 elite toolbelt skills

Actually that are even more. Racial skills on utility and heal skills also give toolbelt skills (racial elite skills not).
So for asura that r 3 additional utility toolbelt skills. So 23 in total.
For human that r 2 utility toolbelt skills and 1 heal toolbelt skill. 22 utility toolbelt skills and 5 healing toolbelt skills in total.
For charr that r 3 utility toolbelt skills. 23 utility toolbelt skills in total.
For norn that r 2 utility toolbelt skills. 22 utility toolbelt skills in total.
For sylvari that r 2 utility toolbelt skills and 1 heal toolbelt skill. 22 utility toolbelt skills and 5 healing toolbelt skills in total.