what do you think about this in bitterfrost frontier?

titje.2745

16 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Yet another "I want the rewards without putting in the effort" thread.  🙄

i mean players like you, they don't care if its someone else problem as long as they don't have problems theyself they don't care.
selfish and can't imagine. you don't understand the situation, compare those respawn timers with spawn times of a low lvl zone, there you have to wait much longer before mobs respawn. in bitterfrost they respawn every time another player reach the berry's. it is just annoying. and you just prejudice me for that i don't want to do effort. i do but this spawns are just to make ppl angry. 
some zones you get slowed down by mobs and they follow you around half the map. 

3 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

yes it is a raid build. and i mostly play support builds (to help others, yes you read it right) so i don't have the best dps. 
and here are some trolls just saying that i don't want to do effort. while in other situations they stay alive by my build.

and about farming not fast enough, there is a difference in fast and decent. sure sometimes i have to fight. but at every berry thing again? thats too much.
and about running away... i can't, i am a fair player and i like to play support as i said. i can't leave someone alone struggle killing mobs while i gather and move on thats not fair. 

(off-topic) how can i quote someones post while i am editing a post of me? when i press quote i can only create a new post. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/23/2021 at 7:06 PM, titje.2745 said:

and i was on that map for berrys -> volatile magic -> other items

Exactly and you're on that map, farming that "currency", because it's fast and easy. Yet here you are, complaining that it should be faster and easier. Doesn't make sense to me, it's fine as it is now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I do find it irritating to have to fight so many mobs while trying to gather berries.

However, since the mobs at many of the bushes do not seem to be on a timer but, rather, spawn when players approach, I suspect this is intentional to slow down farming a bit so it is unlikely they will change it.

One work around I use with some lower dps characters is to grab a bunch of ash legion spy kits from Plains of Ashford.  You can pop these before you get on your mount or while mounted, dismount at the bushes, hit skill one and safely gather the berries and get back on your mount while invisible.  There is, however, a 1 minute cool down on the invisibility skill so it does not necessarily speed things up, just makes it safer.  Also keep in mind the invisibility ends if you move so make sure you are in a spot where you can reach both bushes before using the skill.

Edited by Lamont.5973
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, titje.2745 said:

yes it is a raid build. and i mostly play support builds (to help others, yes you read it right) so i don't have the best dps. 

and here are some trolls just saying that i don't want to do effort. while in other situations they stay alive by my build.

and about farming not fast enough, there is a difference in fast and decent. sure sometimes i have to fight. but at every berry thing again? thats too much.
and about running away... i can't, i am a fair player and i like to play support as i said. i can't leave someone alone struggle killing mobs while i gather and move on thats not fair. 

Well raid builds are not the best for general open world stuff, you probably know that. Raid builds are very specialized while in OW you want a Swiss army knife build - a bit of everything, a little bit of condi cleanse, a bit of sustain, decent dmg, some mobility, some cc and a stun break. 

Make a build like that (every profession can do it), it shouldn't be an issue as long as you have a free build slot. Or a dedicated farm build, which would probably be plenty mobility, condi cleanse and stealth if possible.

The best support in general open world activities is just killing the mobs. 

I don't like to dump mobs on other players as well. I will ignore mobs, clear that chill and run away while picking berries. But if there is another player then I won't dump them on him, just kill them fast.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

There are some gathering tools that are faster, too, right? Those would help.

Take Glyph of Reaping on your Foraging tool and you can gather both nodes in a clump simultaneously. (If you don't want to spend 300 gold on it, there are limited-use tools available for like 7000 karma / 25 charges from the special tools merchant in towns.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, titje.2745 said:

What build do you play for open world and story? Just use that.

5 hours ago, titje.2745 said:

those players don't care if they spend 1 hour to gather some berry's which can be gathered within 15 minutes (exsample) if the mobs had 'normal' spawn times. like other zones.

Players currently can easily gather all of the berries in under 10 minutes with any class. There’s really no need to exaggerate as it just makes your argument look weak. 

they accept everything (i see this kind of ppl in every forum, as long it annoys someone else they are on the side of the devs) 

People have their own opinions. Sometimes their opinions happen to side with the developers and other times they do not. Just because their opinions happen to side with the developers, and yours do not, does not mean that they are intentionally siding with the developers for the sake of siding with them. People that assume that are beyond annoying. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This was not about DPS. I play open world non-meta power scrapper with a few support-options. My DPS is ~3-6k. In my last encounter with a raider, I was told that most dedicated healers can out-dps me easily.

Raid builds are usually optimized for a single purpose/role and often ignore stuff like survivability and mobility. That is why I listed the different options to tweak your build, or use skills you already have equipped for another purpose (blocks, dodges, movement-skills). 

I do not see a design flaw, sorry. If you want to stay at every mob, it is your choice. Increasing the respawn timer due to your personal preferences? There are people out there who have no problem with the timer or even welcome the quickly respawning NPCs. 

(off-topic) how can i quote someones post while i am editing a post of me? when i press quote i can only create a new post. 

- open a new tab of the thread
- quote the text. This opens a reply.
- CTRL+A => CTRL+C
- close the new tab
- CTRL+V in your editing post

Not a perfect solution, but this works. 

they accept everything (i see this kind of ppl in every forum, as long it annoys someone else they are on the side of the devs) 

It is a discussion board. People having different opinions is part of the concept. Once in a while we have a few people here who mistake the forums for a complaint-counter or a direct interface to the support. The staff reads this board's content and they notice your complaint.

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Like 1

Killing the mobs around the resource nodes in Bitterfrost is part of the "farm".

I have farmed Bitterfrost with a Elementalist.  It is a pain but doable.

I have used Condi Necro Minion Master, Daredevil Thief, Chronomancer Mesmer, Beastmaster Ranger and the Elementalist to successfully farm Bitterfrost.

I have found in my time playing GW2 that it is very helpful to build some sturdiness into a character with vitality or toughness or both.  Makes open world farming a whole lot easier when a character has some sustain.  High damage in a build is great till your character hits the ground.  Right elementalist?

Edited by Sticky.2653
pagination