Can you transmute any piece of legendary armor while keeping effects? (WvW)

Drake.7301

The effect of legendary equipment are skin based.  So if you transmute them, you won’t have the effect for the new skin.  (Unless it is another legendary skin but then why…)  

The customization (stat flexibility) is maintained.  So you can swap between vipers, berserker etc.

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
  • Like 2

If you're talking about the back tentacles, then no, if you transmute it, they're no longer there, they are the skin, not a separate effect.

That said, other pieces are basically just ascended version so, no harm in transmuting them, and the chest piece combines well with a lot of other armors so you can i'm sure find a nice combo that will keep the tentacles.

• Like 1

Interesting answers, even though I'm grateful.

I just received the information that only the chest piece is responsible for the back tentacle effect, so... I guess I'm alright, even though I only got negatives here 😄

Have a good one everyone!

38 minutes ago, Drake.7301 said:

So, there are two types of WvW legendary armor.  One has the tentacles that @Veprovina.4876linked :

40 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

and one that does not have the effect on the chest armor.

the sublime is the one with the tentacles and it requires a certain rank in WvW.  (In the past it was rank 2000 which created a large fuss lol).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drake.7301 said:

Not at all! 🙂 I've unlocked the cheaper sets and wasn't aware that the Mistforged version had a "draw effect" besides its radiant textures.

I probably never noticed it on other players, either, because those WvW players usually tend to wear the gigant, ugly WvW back piece as well, which likely covers a big portion of the tentacles. 😄

You live, you learn. 🤔 Thanks for the link(s).

4 hours ago, Drake.7301 said:

but the light armor itself is kinda meh.

Funny how tastes differ. To me, it's the only decent one of the three sets.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

So, there are two types of WvW legendary armor.  One has the tentacles that @Veprovina.4876linked :

and one that does not have the effect on the chest armor.

the sublime is the one with the tentacles and it requires a certain rank in WvW.  (In the past it was rank 2000 which created a large fuss lol).

Yeah, the sublime one has tentacles draw effect and the glow. The rest of the mistforged just glows.

It's not really a common armour much, not surprised you missed it. I don't see it much either.

I like it as well, i have the sublime chest, the rest is just the ascended versions that i turned to legendary. I might at one point get the rest of the mistforged set but idk, i'm saving my tickets for QoL first, then fashion later. 😄

7 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Not at all! 🙂 I've unlocked the cheaper sets and wasn't aware that the Mistforged version had a "draw effect" besides its radiant textures.

I probably never noticed it on other players, either, because those WvW players usually tend to wear the gigant, ugly WvW back piece as well, which likely covers a big portion of the tentacles. 😄

You live, you learn. 🤔 Thanks for the link(s).

Funny how tastes differ. To me, it's the only decent one of the three sets.

Honestly thought all of them had it as long as they were legendary tbh so yeah, I'm learning too

2 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah, the sublime one has tentacles draw effect and the glow. The rest of the mistforged just glows.

It's not really a common armour much, not surprised you missed it. I don't see it much either.

I like it as well, i have the sublime chest, the rest is just the ascended versions that i turned to legendary. I might at one point get the rest of the mistforged set but idk, i'm saving my tickets for QoL first, then fashion later. 😄

Phew you scared me there, I thought there was a third armor set, but sublime is only named on the chestpiece *wipes sweat*

9 hours ago, Drake.7301 said:

Honestly thought all of them had it as long as they were legendary tbh so yeah, I'm learning too

Phew you scared me there, I thought there was a third armor set, but sublime is only named on the chestpiece *wipes sweat*

Yes, the tentacles part is the "sublime" part i guess because you also get the version with just the glow when you buy the sublime one. So yeah, there's just the 2 versions, no worries. 😄 Sorry for the scare! 😄