Core Ranger needs a rework and Untamed should be looked at again

Yazkin.6179

Tethering code aside, the Ranger's core identity is weak compared to most other professions in the game. Pets are unreliable and a majority are broken in terms of landing hits, control, and skills. Some major families don't interact with boons they receive at all. 

Pet skills should have always been controllable, as well as paired with the ability to control what they attack and their passive/active stances should be more defined into passive/defensive/aggressive settings, to control how far away the pets go from the ranger and how they reply to getting hit.

The beastmastery traits should also get looked at, and focus more on how a pet scales with the player as well as any bonus boons/ conditions/ survivability they get just like the mechanist new specialization.  Dipping into the beastmaster trait line should offer a build to focus on beats and not some weird hodge podge of traits where some feel out of place. 

Convert Untamed into a tank spec. Keeping the unleashed modes is fine but rework the traits into how you want to tank, be it the pet or player, with the opposite getting a supportive role. It wouldn't step on any other specialization and could fit nicely into a PvE/raid meta if done right

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Yazkin.6179 said:

Tethering code aside, the Ranger's core identity is weak compared to most other professions in the game. Pets are unreliable and a majority are broken in terms of landing hits, control, and skills. Some major families don't interact with boons they receive at all.

I believe you're mostly talking about pve. I mean in pve, all core classes don't have any identity. You can't see any core class in raids/fractals and strikes. Also core Ranger is one of the best duelist in spvp right now.

1 hour ago, Yazkin.6179 said:

Pet skills should have always been controllable, as well as paired with the ability to control what they attack and their passive/active stances should be more defined into passive/defensive/aggressive settings, to control how far away the pets go from the ranger and how they reply to getting hit.

The beastmastery traits should also get looked at, and focus more on how a pet scales with the player as well as any bonus boons/ conditions/ survivability they get just like the mechanist new specialization.  Dipping into the beastmaster trait line should offer a build to focus on beats and not some weird hodge podge of traits where some feel out of place. 

I agree with controlling pet skills idea. It would give us more control over pet. Some pets are already op enough to one shot people in spvp, if that kind of change happened, I can't imagine "nerf" posts on forum. I'm also not sure about which trait made you think like that.

Lastly, we haven't tried it yet. I can't say much about how it's going to be in pve/raids.

Edited by usulyagmur.4092
  • Confused 1