Make Griffons Great Again

Styopa.2538

21 hours ago, Alaia Skyhawk.5064 said:

You can actually. What you need to do is go to max height on skyscale, angle camera at 45degrees up (max angle up) then dash twice, hit Bond of Vigor, dash twice again, then Bond of Faith. This allows you to break way through the height cap of the skyscale above its take-off point, and gives you just enough hight that if you spam glider so you open it the moment BoF's no glider cooldown ends, then hop on griffon. flap once, allow stamina to regen to just below 60%, hit dive (during this stamina reaches the 60% needed to do a manual flap) and immediately flap once/release dive key then super-short tap on your pull-up keybind so you pull flat much sharper than normal after releasing the dive keybind. With this method, you can go to full speed on griffon from perfectly flat ground, but to give yourself a touch more leyway, it's often best to do this from the tops of small slopes/hills 🙂

That is awesome, I am going to try that. I forgot about the Dash upwards. I use that all the time when flying my Skyscale but did not think of using it during this experiment. 🙂

• Like 1

I am going to hate my self for this but tbh care button died ages ago, i usem y griffon more then i will ever use my skyscale, might sound ridiculous, but i mastered my griphon which allowed me to cover more distances i use skyscale as a tool to reach the ideal spot to start with my griphon and from there on is just knowing map layouts, so griphon is that one mount where you're either good and you know how to properly use, or stick to your skyscale, both are good mounts regardless but griphon will always be superior once you achieve another level of gameplay with your mounts, of course i will be honest the use of the radial mount add on and the masteries complement the gameplay, they should add the radial add on as part of gw 2, the mount switching is so much intuitive and superior, can only wish for it i guess.

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2021 at 3:14 PM, Hugedeal.5426 said:

I am going to hate my self for this but tbh care button died ages ago, i usem y griffon more then i will ever use my skyscale, might sound ridiculous, but i mastered my griphon which allowed me to cover more distances i use skyscale as a tool to reach the ideal spot to start with my griphon and from there on is just knowing map layouts, so griphon is that one mount where you're either good and you know how to properly use, or stick to your skyscale, both are good mounts regardless but griphon will always be superior once you achieve another level of gameplay with your mounts, of course i will be honest the use of the radial mount add on and the masteries complement the gameplay, they should add the radial add on as part of gw 2, the mount switching is so much intuitive and superior, can only wish for it i guess.

Just keybind your mounts to Alt + 1, Alt + 2, etc...

Fastest switching ever.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 11:41 AM, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

This kind of video really makes me wonder if I should actually purchase a Griffon even though I already own a Skyscale. Skyscale definitely get the job done for most of the time, but if you find a high spot, not only Griffon does the job faster but it also looks more fun.

Unless you're going to hardcore it, you should forget it. Griffon will take a considerable amount of dedication (i.e. time) and perhaps even the purchase of special input devices to fly anything near as well as in the video.

• Confused 3

18 hours ago, Svarty.8019 said:

Unless you're going to hardcore it, you should forget it. Griffon will take a considerable amount of dedication (i.e. time) and perhaps even the purchase of special input devices to fly anything near as well as in the video.

In my experience so far, a mouse with two side buttons is definitely helpful. Not a terribly unique input device.

As far as time investment, I failed many times on the easiest course until it clicked for me. After that the rest of the courses were achievable, with a handful of repetitions needed to get up to gold. I was surprised that the difficult part was that initial hurdle.

I’m not at the level of those videos yet, but my experience was that the steepest part of the learning curve was at the beginning. After that, improvement comes pretty quickly.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1