Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Apparently ArenaNet gives away free living season stories? when is the next one so i can save some gold


AusarViled.7106

Recommended Posts

I read in another post where someone was complaining about the cost of living world seasons, and some one there mentioned that arenanet occasionally give them away for free. An article i read suggested that it was in April 2021. Is it fair to expect a similar event pre-release for end of dragons? I would rather not drop 300 gold on gems and buy living season to have them go free. What is the better play? I have a few living season 3 episodes free so i can get the ascended back pack, and i think ice saga 4 for the amulet. So should i continue as is, and when /if they release them free play the entire story in sequence on a new char? Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Point taken, not anytime soon if at all. I may just wait till December for a sale and buy some gems and buy all the living seasons at discount and save the gold.  ArenaNet I assume like all companies offer Xmas sales? I mostly want living seasons for skyscale which is way cheaper then the Griffen which costs 250 gold, versus 55.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is such an event going on at the moment. Sadly, you missed out on Seasons 2-3-4, this time. Since May, Anet has been making each and every episode available for free on a weekly rotation and with some gaps here and there, beginning with season 2 and ending with the last episode of The Icebrood Saga, Champions.

They are going in chronological order of release and currently the first episode of The Icebrood Saga is free for a few more hours, until 4PM UTC. Then the next episode will be on offer. Be sure to log in to claim the episode before it changes, if you haven't done so yet, and then log in at least once a week to claim the rest in this season. Even this is a hefty amount of gems saved, I think.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That stinks, but I suppose it is what it is. I have all of living season 2 back from my veteran status. I heard living season 3 is kind of meh anyway, you need only 1 episode of living season 3 to get the ascended back up. 
 

laurels do not require living season. Only one I absolutely need is living season 4 for sky’s as you need all 6 maps, and ice broad is gold farming? 
 

I can spend 10$ on living season 4, and buy 3 with gold eventually 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, AusarViled.7106 said:

Apparently ArenaNet gives away free living season stories? when is the next one so i can save some gold

If it's free, why would you need to save gold for it? :classic_huh:

The Return series is currently running, but we have already reached the last season, so you are late to the party. You can only still get the Icebrood Saga for free, you will have to pay for the rest. There are sales about once a year, but you likely will never be able to get the other seasons for free again.

Log in quickly to still get the IBS episode one for free now, as in about an hour the second one will become available and the previous one will no longer be for free.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, AusarViled.7106 said:

Point taken, not anytime soon if at all. I may just wait till December for a sale and buy some gems and buy all the living seasons at discount and save the gold.  ArenaNet I assume like all companies offer Xmas sales? I mostly want living seasons for skyscale which is way cheaper then the Griffen which costs 250 gold, versus 55.  

Also, just a note on that last part- yes, the skyscale is ‘cheaper’ than the Griffon in pure gold cost. However, understand that it is a lot more complicated of a process to unlock, requiring stacks of account bound map currencies, scavenger hunts, and time gates. Both are good mounts, but if you want one quickly, just drop the gold on the Griffon. Not trying to discourage you from buying LWS4- the combo of that season and Path of Fire as a whole is my favorite part of Guild Wars 2, just letting you know the gold cost is deceptive if you are looking at it from a strict mount view

Link to comment
Share on other sites

250 map currencies is a lot, but its a lot less then 250 gold. 250 gold is what 120 days of dailies? You still need gold for other stuff. I got 400 elgagy mosaics in 2 days of farming for 5 hours. Even if it takes me 10 hours for each of the 6 maps. That is what 60 hours of farming at most? Versus 120 days of waiting which will make anyone quit.

 

If you have a lot of mats in your mat storage then ye griffen is not bad, but gold is a lot more useful in this game then most mmos. You do not want to ever go to 0

Edited by AusarViled.7106
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AusarViled.7106 said:

250 map currencies is a lot, but its a lot less then 250 gold. 250 gold is what 120 days of dailies? You still need gold for other stuff. I got 400 elgagy mosaics in 2 days of farming for 5 hours. Even if it takes me 10 hours for each of the 6 maps. That is what 60 hours of farming at most? Versus 120 days of waiting which will make anyone quit.

 

If you have a lot of mats in your mat storage then ye griffen is not bad, but gold is a lot more useful in this game then most mmos. You do not want to ever go to 0

You dont need it all upfront its 25g each item for a total of 10 items.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, AusarViled.7106 said:

That stinks, but I suppose it is what it is. I have all of living season 2 back from my veteran status. I heard living season 3 is kind of meh anyway, you need only 1 episode of living season 3 to get the ascended back up. 
 

laurels do not require living season. Only one I absolutely need is living season 4 for sky’s as you need all 6 maps, and ice broad is gold farming? 
 

I can spend 10$ on living season 4, and buy 3 with gold eventually 

How long have you been playing in 2021? If you've been logging in at least once a week for any length of time you should have at least some episodes for free (you'll get a mail about each one the first time you log in during it's release period) and if you keep logging in once a week you'll get all of Icebrood Saga free, so you may need to buy a lot less than you think.

 

3 hours ago, AusarViled.7106 said:

250 map currencies is a lot, but its a lot less then 250 gold. 250 gold is what 120 days of dailies? You still need gold for other stuff. I got 400 elgagy mosaics in 2 days of farming for 5 hours. Even if it takes me 10 hours for each of the 6 maps. That is what 60 hours of farming at most? Versus 120 days of waiting which will make anyone quit.

 

If you have a lot of mats in your mat storage then ye griffen is not bad, but gold is a lot more useful in this game then most mmos. You do not want to ever go to 0

 

I've gotten back down to 0 gold in the wallet (and 0 silver and copper) at least 3 times since I started in 2012, it's really not that bad. Yes it does mean you can't buy anything else right then, but it's not like there's any on-going expenses and very few things you can't simply wait to buy later. Being unable to use waypoints was inconvenient (you can still use the nearest one if you're dead) but there's ways around that, or you just go to the nearest place with some enemies, kill them and sell the drops to an NPC. Although once I used the last of my gold listing stuff for sale on the TP so all I had to do was wait for it to sell.

If you somehow cleared out not just gold but also all the other currencies in the wallet and all your crafting materials that would be a bigger problem, but far more unlikely and even then you managed to build all that up once, you'd be able to do it again.

On a different note I find it odd that you know how to farm materials, and you're willing and able to do so, but you seem to be implying the only way to make gold is to do dailies. There's plenty of ways to farm gold too, not to mention login rewards that you can sell for gold, which is actually eaiser than doing the dailies.

Every 28 days you get 20 mystic coins which are worth about 44g at the current price and 35 laurels which are worth almost 1g each (so 35g) if you use them to buy crafting bags and sell the materials. That's almost 80g every 28 days, just for logging into the game. Add in the optional extra 20 laurels from the final chest, the crafting materials and materials from salvaging the exotic equipment piece and you could probably get over 100g a month.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I been farming like crazy but never hit the 30 day collection reward for mystic coins once in 9 years. I would come back to GW2 when I finished all the single player games for the year that I wanted. I have like 5 chars at level 80 but not farmed gold once as I got no clue how to do so.

 

farmin currencies is easy, you just run in a Zerg while listening to rock music. Good farming seems to require selling items? I have 0 crafting.

 

What would I sell? Materials they seem to go for like 50 bronze and costs more to get mining gear. Trophies? Not sure how o would do that as note of my main classes I do have aoes as I enjoy pvp. Sadly got no friends so can’t do torunements- if any pvp guilds want to take me would be fun.

 

fractals require parties, I go no friends, none who would care to take my in my exalted gear… I got no gold to offer people for taking me. I am at 0 outside of my ok skill in pvp 

 

 

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, AusarViled.7106 said:

I been farming like crazy but never hit the 30 day collection reward for mystic coins once in 9 years. I would come back to GW2 when I finished all the single player games for the year that I wanted. I have like 5 chars at level 80 but not farmed gold once as I got no clue how to do so.

 

farmin currencies is easy, you just run in a Zerg while listening to rock music. Good farming seems to require selling items? I have 0 crafting.

 

What would I sell? Materials they seem to go for like 50 bronze and costs more to get mining gear. Trophies? Not sure how o would do that as note of my main classes I do have aoes as I enjoy pvp. Sadly got no friends so can’t do torunements- if any pvp guilds want to take me would be fun.

 

fractals require parties, I go no friends, none who would care to take my in my exalted gear… I got no gold to offer people for taking me. I am at 0 outside of my ok skill in pvp 

 

 

What 30 day collection rewards mystic coins?

If you mean the legendary crafting coffer that give you mystic clovers then yea all that says it you have not played 28 days over 9 years since those never reset due to time, just continue the next day you login.

So after 28 played days even if its over years you will start over from reward 1 again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The login rewards don't reset if you miss days, so the only way to never reach the 28 day reward is to play on less than 28 days in total. (Or to play on a free account, because they don't get login rewards, but they're also not able to post here so you must be using a paid account.) But it's also not all given out on one day, for example you get 2 mystic coins on the first day. 28 days is just the total length of the cycle; once you've collected all 28 it starts again from the beginning. You can see the full list in the achievements section of the hero panel.

Gold farming is basically the same as farming map currencies: you do meta-events or run around a map harvesting nodes. If you get unidentified gear you can sell it directly on the Trading Post, or open it, salvage the contents and sell the materials (which is often worth more), along with any materials you gathered from the map. If you're not crafting there's no need to keep any of them and while no individual item will sell for much (unless you get a very rare drop) it adds up over time.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 250 map currency for skyscale is no longer a big deal. When you get season 4 you’ll be able to do the Return To achievements in each zone. At tier 3 of the achievement, you are handed 250 of that zone’s currency. You can do tier three in a few hours of gameplay. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...