Mechanist Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

I tested Mechanist mainly in roaming WvW, and ran into some major issues.

My first concern is that choosing mechanist completely removes the toolbelt, which sort of gimps alot of the other utility options, especially kits like flamethrower, elixer, and grenade. Mechanist lacks "Oh Crap" utility skills, condi clear, and blocks/evades, and the shadowstep being on a cast time makes it nearly useless when trying to avoid spikes. This means running one of the other utility options like tool kit, elixer kit, elixer s, elixer c, or rocket boots. But without the toolbelt, some of those options feel really weak, especially for the long cooldown on the elixers. In general I feel like losing the toolbelt unnecessarily weakens key utility options.

Another problem I faced is the mech itself. There are 6 scenarios: ranged mech with damage-focused engi stats, ranged mech with more bunker engi stats, melee mech with damage engi, melee with bunker engi, and celestial with either ranged or melee mech.  Because the mech shares stats based on what I choose, I feel pressured to choose more aggressive stats to help the mech deal damage. When running more bunker builds, the mech consistently failed to deliver meaningful damage or condi pressure. This pushed me to learn toward more balanced or damage focused builds. But in almost every encounter, enemies would directly focus me down instead of the mech, regardless of whether it was in melee or range mode. In melee mode, the mech can be easily kited, negating it's effectivness. In range mode, the mech can be mostly ignored, many of its projectiles or ranged attack missing entirely or not being performed at all due to the mech moving and interrupting its own skill. In general the mech seems powerful, but in most cases did little to influence the outcome of engagements. I feel like a melee mech with greater mobility options (superspeed, blinks, shadowsteps) and taunt options would be more effective. And a ranged mech with faster cast times and cc would be more effective.

I also was a little bummed about not being able to modify the appearance or loadout of the mech, and I didnt like having to constantly rename it every time i summoned it.

The final issue I had was the mace itself. Running mace/shield gives access to good cc, reflect, and one leap. But it has serious issues with damage output, relying heavily on the mech for damage pressure, or on a kit (which as mentioned above, is weakened due to the absence of tool belt).

In general I feel not only like Mechanist is the weakest spec I've tested through the betas, but I feel like there is no reason right now to take Mechanist over Holosmith or Scrapper, especially with how strong Scrapper is right now.

• Like 2

So the shield signet triggering on the golem is a bit, less than useful? Due to the golem not visably meleeing moving targets, range build seems to be the best, but at proper range as a range golem should be, the shield signet is useless.

No one's standing that far out, and the engineer literally has no good weapons for that range (rifle is more utility than anything). Either we need a way to manually position the golem at will, or just throw the triggers to the engy. Otherwise its roulette of  "wheres the golem standing today?"

The best of the 3 beta classes. The pet is fantastic, would love it to see it on ranger, which I main. For the rest, it's very powerful, with some downsides to mobility, which can and should be fixed. It should have a self heal on hit like other classes.

• Confused 1

I think one of the thing that most people would like to see is some sort of customisation to our golem, yes we got a golem and people were hyped that their asura is gonna be able to roleplay a golemancer but it's clearly a human design. A simple reskin would do the trick it doesn't have to be as in-depth ranger pets but some more skins for the golem would be great.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have gathered some Ideas maybe you like one or two that would round up the espec pretty well

1. the look.

Mech looks good but just one colour Option is not enough pls consider putting at least 2 colourpanels into the spec one for the green and one for the gold should to the Trick.

2. the traits + spec mechanic

- put the mech call on F5 so it fits the other specs

- put F1-3 on F2-4 and always allow access to the heal F1

- if the mech is offline reenable toolbelt F2-4 for the engie to use since his weapons and skills are very limited without weapon swap (thats probably the reason because he got the toolbelt in the First place)

- since you're basically missing a trait line if your mech is off, give every trait a ability for the engie that only counts if the mech is offline

some ideas

first traits could just determine what effect the bombardement could do the Enemy (if the mech is offline it shoots your target once every two Seconds or so) condi/might/Power

second could just be a stat boost to the engie in the category you skilled (condi dmg / support / power) i guess you know where i'm going

the last trait could be an aoe field placed by the mech every 5 shots or so idk (you guessed it again condi (burn) /Support (buffs) / Power (dmg Ticks)

3. the mace

the mace tries very hard to serve every role the player could go with the spec but because of that it doesn't do well enough in any of it so here my idea (you know what it is)

the mechanist ADAPTS his mech to fit his needs so his new weapon to go should too..

the Skills stay the same but as you change the weapons on the mech the on hit effects on the mace should too ( condi/might/more power dmg)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I had a blast with the mechanist. It was super fun and simple. I don't really play engineer much because of how many skills there are and how many buttons I have to press, but this spec was super easy to follow and keep track of and I loved that. The only problem with this spec I'd say is that the mech is WAY to strong. I could literally solo anything in PvE and most of the time I could just stand back and watch as my mech did most of the work. I get that it's trying to make up for losing the toolbelt but it desperately needs to be tuned. I had a lot of fun with the signets and the whole "if you're mech is active, the signet activates around it" whole deal. Not to mention, the concept and aesthetics of the spec were very intriguing and interesting. I would like some kind of option to customize the look of the mech (such as dye or model, but mostly juts dye), but even if that doesn't become a thing I will still love this spec.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, StormCleric.2843 said:

I had a blast with the mechanist. It was super fun and simple. I don't really play engineer much because of how many skills there are and how many buttons I have to press, but this spec was super easy to follow and keep track of and I loved that. The only problem with this spec I'd say is that the mech is WAY to strong. I could literally solo anything in PvE and most of the time I could just stand back and watch as my mech did most of the work. I get that it's trying to make up for losing the toolbelt but it desperately needs to be tuned. I had a lot of fun with the signets and the whole "if you're mech is active, the signet activates around it" whole deal. Not to mention, the concept and aesthetics of the spec were very intriguing and interesting. I would like some kind of option to customize the look of the mech (such as dye or model, but mostly juts dye), but even if that doesn't become a thing I will still love this spec.

What do you mean by solo anything cause the mech hasnt active defenses nor sustain and is just a sponge of 50k hp. Did you solo any bounty?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StormCleric.2843 said:

No, I didn't, but I probably should have... I was just saying that I didn't have much trouble defeating champions and such.

Ive been testing it and with a build that provides perma alacrity you can resumon your golem with the elite signet every time it dies and spam all your skills so frequently. Your mech can output alot of damage going damage or condi it doesnt matter the path you choose.

Definetly yes its broken XD

After having made my own observations and then reading others, I'm noticing some recurring complaints that hit a chord:

Playing mechanist feels a like like running support for an OP Jade Mech, and if it goes down or has to be recalled for repairs during combat, the player is basically stuck running an extraordinarily weak engi.  My experience was generally positive, but yes; these complaints are pretty accurate.

This got me thinking, since my own observation was that the Jade Mech might benefit from a higher level of customization, even to the point of having a "menagerie" of mechs with customizable skills:  Wouldn't it make more sense to have a greater number of more simplified mechs, to effectively have a necro minion master engi instead of a beastmaster ranger engi?  The mechs could persist as minions do, with each one having a specific skill that replaces their summoning skill when they are present.  That could give the engi its toolbelt skills back AND allow each mech to have its associated toolbelt skill, perhaps a second command to make it just a bit more versatile than the average minion.  The ability to persist and have a passive effect (similar to the current Signets, but tweaked to offset their greater functionality) would set them apart from the scrapper's Gyros.  Traits could be retooled; the ones currently assigned to set specific mech skills could be freed up for use as the classic cooldown reductions on elite spec specific weapon and utility skills or to alter their functionality in some way (i.e. "Mechs gain/grant boon X,"  "Mech attacks inflict condi Y," etc.).  It might be interesting to allow such trait choices to also affect Turret skills. 

Mostly just trying to think of relatively simple ways to keep what people liked while ironing out the wrinkles.  After all, mechanist IS a decent concept that is generally fun to play; it just needs a little je ne sais quoi to keep it from feeling like a one-trick pony, to give it some identity beyond "super simple engi with big robot buddy."

What if a utility Mech could be traited to tow one or more turrets behind it?  Or perhaps that's a specific utility mech's entire ability, to automatically collect and tow any skill or trait produced item the engi drops, such as mines, turrets, or health packs--maybe limit the number to say, up to three at a time.  A supply crate would become a conga line of turrets being towed behind the engineer, who could then use the mech's active skill to move them a targeted area, enemy, or ally.  Well okay, maybe this one is just a bit too crazy, as making stationery effects like turrets suddenly mobile can introduce way too many unintended consequences.  The basic idea is to apply a little imagination to showcase the engineer's versatile and inventive flavor, and to have the new basic mechanics still be able to synergize well with existing core skills rather than discouraging or outright replacing them.

• Like 2

I really wish mace had more synergy with the mech or higher condi damage overall. I would LOVE for engi to have another condi weapon outside of pistol. As it is, it feels lackluster, as if the confusion was just an afterthought. I would say boost it in general or have it more powerful when the mech is active. Or maybe tie it to the traits you pick for the mech (condi, boons, etc)? It just needs more or it'll be left in the dust.

The mech loses its name when it is released/respawned 🥺

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AllDatAngst.4208 said:

I really wish mace had more synergy with the mech or higher condi damage overall. I would LOVE for engi to have another condi weapon outside of pistol. As it is, it feels lackluster, as if the confusion was just an afterthought. I would say boost it in general or have it more powerful when the mech is active. Or maybe tie it to the traits you pick for the mech (condi, boons, etc)? It just needs more or it'll be left in the dust.

The mech loses its name when it is released/respawned 🥺

I like the idea to tied mace to trait, but it will make it mandatory (like untamed and hammer). 
That said, unlike ranger, we don't have that much weapon and all of them is trash (core weap I mean) so... Why not.

• Like 1

I'll admit upfront. I'm biased against the Mechanist. I mentioned several times and farmed confusions that I didn't really want a pet-based spec, and especially not one that was only a pet-based spec. And that's what Mechanist is. Engineer is my most played class in GW2 and is also my go-to fantasy for games that actually have an Engineer-like class. I'm not going to bother too much going into the numbers similar to my other feedback posts because I suspect (and hope) they'll change regardless.

- The Signets aren't great. Better than Catalyst augments! But, not enough to replace kits even with the loss of the Toolbelt. The only one I really consider useful is Shift Signet and that's because the Mech will do whatever it wants, so the signet is used to reel it back in. Even though I mentioned they were better than Catalyst (very low bar), I actually think Augments would have worked great on the Mechanist. Higher benchmarks, WvW builds, and sPvP builds are currently using kits. Some even use kits in all slots except healing. The only positive I have for them is that they play into the Mechanists greatest strength. More on that in a bit. 

- The traits are mostly fine. They're all for the Mech rather than the Engineer. But, I think something like that is needed. The Mech is allowed to be strong because the Engineer gave up a lot for it. The idea of giving the e-specs access to clearly-defined power/condi/support lines is frustrating in some ways because it removes choice. But, since the Mech changes (even physically) based on trait choice, it gets a pass. Mech Frame: Conductive Alloys is awful. Mech Core: Jade Dynamo is very easy to dodge even for PvE mobs. The minor traits are just tooltips. The mech could have done these attacks without them being minor traits. 

- Mace is okay. It's an Engineer weapon so I didn't really expect much. Mace 3 is actually kind of a great, though. I personally find P/P much better for Condi builds. But, that may have just been the build I was usually running. I used Rifle for power. Mace was decent in PvP. 

- The Mech itself is very strong for a pet. It needs a much shorter tether to the Engineer that it can't break or something. It'll run halfway across the map chasing a rabbit that you accidentally clicked on. It feels like a majority of the time, I'm having to mash the Mech Commands to get it to actually activate. Especially Mech Frame commands. In sPvP or WvW, once people figure out that "just kill the Engineer and that will take out the mech" isn't a good idea, they're just going to CC the mech and then smack a defenseless Engineer. It's currently strong in these situations because people think they can ignore it. The moment they decide to focus the mech, it goes down. There has been times such as Drizzlewood Coast north when its break bar will get broken and then it'll just topple over. I get why it needs this bar because it needs some kind of counter-play. But, it might be too easy to break at the moment. Especially since you don't really have too much control over it. I defended a 3rd wave camp in Verdant Brink solo fairly easily with it. But, with all the immobilize that HoT mobs use, the mech was going down fairly quickly. With how quickly it can go down in certain situations, it makes me weary to use the elite signet for damage. It shouldn't be immortal. But, for PvE I think it could use a breakbar buff. 

Mechanist is great for casual content. There's nothing wrong with that and it's not exclusive to that. I prefer casual content nowdays, anyways. I just wanted something more. Some kind of twist on the pet idea. That's what I meant in the Signet section. Signets are easy to use thanks to their passive. Mechanist is easy-to-use. That's its main niche. Anyone can run around a map like Drizzlewood Coast or Verdant Brink as a Mechanist and they will be totally fine. You can run all signets and still just melt normal mobs. You'll still have to run kits if you want the most out of Mechanist. But, totally fine to just slap the signets on and go for something like open world pve. I only worry it will garner a reputation similar to Dancer in FFXIV of being the easy-mode choice.

Despite all of that, I do kind of like it. You're not really doing anything and the elite spec doesn't ask a lot out of you. But, it looks cool. Feels cool. I think out of all the elite specs we have, it's fine to have something like that. It needs customization. Even just some dye channels would be huge. Skins would be amazing. If I had a choice, I'd much rather some kind of Zoid-looking tiger/wolf mech. I'd pay gems for it since it would require animation work. 

It's own pet window would be very nice, as well. For customization purposes and perhaps moving the minor traits that are really just tooltips to the new pet window and then giving the Mechanist real minor traits. 

• Like 4

How are the stats calculated for the mech?

Currently, the minors give the mech 25% of all stats, 50% Toughness/Vitality, and 100% Toughness/Vitality. The Master traits also grant the mech 100% Condition Damage/Expertise, 100% Healing Power/Concentration, or 50% Power/Precision/Ferocity.

A plain reading of this would suggest the mech would inherit 175% Toughness/Vitality with 125% Condition Damage/Expertise, 125% Healing Power/Concentration, or 75% Power/Precision/Ferocity.

However if my Mechanist has 186 Condition Damage and 8.39% Condition Duration and takes the Mech Frame: Superconducting Alloys trait, the mech now also has 186 Condition Damage and 8.39% Condition Duration. The same happens with Mech Frame: Channeling Conduits. This suggests the mech inherits either 25% of your stats or 100/50% of your stats, depending on the trait.

Now this interaction is fine (the traits could be worded better to illustrate this is how it works). The problem however is that if the mech takes the highest percentage of our stats, then the stat increase on the Minor Master trait, Mech Fighter, is useless because it gets usurped by Energy Siphoning. You could delete the second sentence on Mech Fighter and nothing changes, because the stat increase doesn't do anything.

Not sure if this interaction is a bug or intentional. I'm putting it in feedback, because if it is intentional, Mech Fighter needs a new effect, otherwise it's a nearly useless minor. (I do enjoy hearing my Asura occasionally shout "Rocket Punch!", which prevents this trait from being completely useless)

• Like 1

The last two beta events landed at bad times for me and I just haven't put in the same time I did for the first one.

In that short time, however, Mechanist really stood out to me. You see, I had started testing all of the Elite Specializations (and existing specializations on professions I already have in order to compare) on a particular nasty group of enemies in Drizzlewood Coast. I'd pretty much die every time, but I was gauging how close I got to beating the group and how much control I had over my character in that time.

The Mechanist absolutely blew them all away (both the other specializations and the group of enemies). My biggest concern for Mechanist at the moment is that it's going to get nerfed, because nothing else I played even remotely came close to pulling off what the Mechanist did, even with specializations I am very familiar with. In other words, I instantly fell in love with the Mechanist, I'm just nervous about committing to one.

The one other comment I'll have about them is probably a common one. The golem needs some serious customization. I'm sure Asura players have wanted a serious mech option for a long time, but now one exists but it isn't an Asura golem which just feels weird, regardless of the lore reason for us getting this Elite Specialization right now. I don't see any particular reason an Asura golem can't do all the abilities we see here, and some other variation would be nice as well. When you have a pet like this out most of the time it's going to strongly define your character's visuals in a way you currently cannot effect.

Edited by Jokubas.4265

1 hour ago, Jokubas.4265 said:

The last two beta events landed at bad times for me and I just haven't put in the same time I did for the first one.

In that short time, however, Mechanist really stood out to me. You see, I had started testing all of the Elite Specializations (and existing specializations on professions I already have in order to compare) on a particular nasty group of enemies in Drizzlewood Coast. I'd pretty much die every time, but I was gauging how close I got to beating the group and how much control I had over my character in that time.

The Mechanist absolutely blew them all away (both the other specializations and the group of enemies). My biggest concern for Mechanist at the moment is that it's going to get nerfed, because nothing else I played even remotely came close to pulling off what the Mechanist did, even with specializations I am very familiar with. In other words, I instantly fell in love with the Mechanist, I'm just nervous about committing to one.

The one other comment I'll have about them is probably a common one. The golem needs some serious customization. I'm sure Asura players have wanted a serious mech option for a long time, but now one exists but it isn't an Asura golem which just feels weird, regardless of the lore reason for us getting this Elite Specialization right now. I don't see any particular reason an Asura golem can't do all the abilities we see here, and some other variation would be nice as well. When you have a pet like this out most of the time it's going to strongly define your character's visuals in a way you currently cannot effect.

I keep hearing about the mech being tanky and dishing a lot of damage in open world like Drizzlewood Coast and such but I'm not seeing it. The way I play it the mech dies and dies fast if its under fire from a group of enemies. Are you guys using tanky stats or something? If so ,how long did it take you to kill an entire group?  Mechanist is still very good with viper's stats though. Higher dps than holosmith at the cost of less CC than holosmith.

Edited by Aravind.9610

These signets are so very well thought out! I personally love signets, passive effects make for much more focused play and I'd love to see them on even more classes. I would love a redesign of signets on the classes that have them; the mechanist has very beautiful aesthetics and seeing the symbol appear over your character's head has much less of an appeal and feels rather dated hindering full immersion. Overall it seems like a more simple to learn class than some of the alternatives, but very flexible for optimization. I do, however, miss the toolbelt and I feel sure other people have complained about that. My final thought is just to request that you keep an eye on the meta builds in regards to the signets. I would love it if signets were powerful enough to keep up with the top builds! Keep up the good work, you're doing a wonderful job with this game!

Final feedback post;

I have now tested Mechanist for several more hours; My overall conclusion is that it's still not an elite spec for my taste, that it will never have a healthy role in sPvP (Either to oppressive or useless) and that Anet really should work on how the AI work in this game before they add anymore AI based elite specs to the game.

I do however acknowledge that a lot of causal open world players really enjoy a more simple and straight forward elite spec and have a ton of fun with it. I'm very happy for you guys.

The following feedback will be around sPvP and to some degree WvW,

Mace

In my first post I said Mace lacks a identity and I still feel that way; It tries to be to many things at the same time. 
I really hoped for the mechanist to support a condition dmg playstyle with the new weapon; but mace is a long way from being able to do that and I'm not sure we can balance it to do it either.

I'd suggest two options; One were we move away from condition dmg and one where we try make it do condition dmg.

A: Moving away from condition dmg

#1 Remove confusion from the auto attack chain, instead make it apply short intervals of chilled. This will allow us to have a higher sticking power in PvP and it can help breaking breakbars in PvE

#2  Keep as it is
#3 Remove burning, make it apply 6 seconds of cripple and 3 seconds of slow. Again working into the control aspect

B: Trying to buff the condition dmg

#1 Add confusion on the first attack aswell, increase the confusion duration to 3, maybe even 4 seconds on all of the attacks. 2 seconds confusion with no traits to further boost them ain't gonna get us far. 

#2 Keep it as it is; But it now also apply 3 stacks of poison that last for 5 seconds.

#3 Increase the burning from 1 stack to 2 stacks. In PvE it might have to be boosted to 3 stacks even.

Signets

Recitifier Signet;

It's okay? Kinda boring but it's okay. I feel like it doesn't over to be more then that. I do feel the passive healing could scale better with healing power.

I suggest that all of our healing skills also heal the mech, not just the signet. It feels very limiting in my build choices that the rest don't heal my mech.

Barrier Signet;

I feel like this signet could be great, in special in sPvP. But it suffers the same problems the old Bulwark gyro had; That it were all over the place. With our limited control over the mech and where it moves it's just not very reliable. 

My solution would be to lower the radius of the dome and then have it trigger on the mech AND the player at the same time. 
The passive is fine and so is the CD.

Superconducting Signet;

It suffers from the same issue as Barrier Signet,: so make it spawn on both me and the mech.
Edit: as pointed out; Scourge pillars already work in that way that multiple don't affect the same target multiple times, apply this to mechanist, too.

Force Signet:

Remove the cast time; Cast time on stunbreaks are bad design and should be avoided. Make the CD 25 seconds flat. 

Shift Signet
Make the CD 30 second flat. Also make it remove all Cripple, Chilled and Immobilized on the Mech and Engineer. Also I had several occasions where the mech didn't teleport with me; Ir it happened if I teleported while the Mech weren't close to me or maybe it's when it's in the "floating movement animations". My gues is it doesn't work when we both move at the same time.

Overclock Signet
it's fine, but there is never a time where you would use it for the Jade Buster Cannon.

Overall I dislike signets; it's passive gameplay, but I don't like it on any profession so it's a matter of "taste" from me. 

Traits:

Rolling Smash; Make it apply 8 stacks of bleeding in sPvP aswell, the Mech needs a lot more burst condition application for a condition dmg setup to be valid. You can lower the duration to 6 seconds instead of 8 seconds.
Single-Edge cutters; The bleeding from the auto attack needs its duration upped to 6 seconds at least

Discharge Array; I felt the attack suffered all the same issues as Superconducting Signet. I'd try increase the radius to 480 and hope it actually hit something...

Jade Dynamo;  Make the explosion chance 100% of the time. The explosion trait tree is allready filled with "33%" chance stuff, we don't need it to be 1/9 attacks that trigger Sharpnel ect. 
Also Jade Mortar burning need to be increased to 5 seconds 

High-Impact Drivers; Gonna be useless in sPvP when the might stacks ain't permanent

Explosives' Knuckle; needs better power scaling, gets out dmg by auto attacks

Crisis Zone; Lower the CD to 30 seconds and make it remove condition from both itself and allies.

Channeling Conduits; It needs an internal CD, 1-2 seconds is fine. Right now it's super easy to abuse and get permanent alacrity with no effort. An example is Rune of Sanctuary + Compounding Chemicals in alchemy.
Popping elixir B or anything really that gives you a few boons will get you rolling super fast. Weren't uncommon to see mechanists run around with 30 sec + alacrity after a fight.

Barrier Burst: Make the mech able to move while doing it or make the radius 600 or something. It's useless in PvP right now.

Barrier Engine; useless unless you also run Channeling Condutis. 

Spark revolver; Make it unlockable 
Jade Cannons; Lower the power scaleing, this auto attack mode deals way to much dmg 

Core reactor shot: Feels bad with no dmg. 1½ cast time on an attack that often won't hit. I'd turn the cast time down to ½ second and make it chill

Sky Circus; same issue as Core reactor, didn't really feel worth using cause no dmg.
J-Drive; It's okay for what it does, but just adds more passive gameplay.

The trait tree in general is boring to interact with and limit build crafting. I feels bad that you remove our Tool belt with 5 skills on that's linked to our utility skills we pick.
Then you give us a barebone mech AI that's useless and have to use the entire trait tree to "gain" 3 mech commands and make it function. I feel I pay in "Trade off"; My toolbelt skills and a trait tree to get; A mech.

suggest that you remove all of the traits that make the mech scale with our stats and instead lets us pick from 3 mechs;

One that scales with power stats
One that scales with support stats 
One that scales with condition stats.

That will allow customization to a much larger degree in which mech commands we pick.

In replacement of that I'd add at least 1-2 traits that help us deal with conditions somehow; One could be that we remove 2 conditions from ourself and the mech whenever we use a Mech command.

Even better would be a complete rework of the trait tree, where you also allow us via a pet menu to customize which mech commands we want. 
Then we could actually have a trait tree that did interesting stuff. 

Breakbar in sPvP 

You wanted feedback on breakbar in sPvP and the feedback is; It's a mess to balance. 
In some 1vs1 matchups people have no chance to break it, but other times a revenant with staff #5 can instant break it.
In teamfights it goes boom instant. 
It feels good that it don't get shut down all the time from random blinds and cripple, but I can't see a way to solve the balancing. 

Overall feedback

The mechanist falls flat to me; The ground design of the mechanist is not interesting and the heavy trade offs just stings all the time to play it.

We lack acess to condition removal and stunbreaks while playing it, which is fatal in sPvP. To many are lost when we no longer have toolbelt.

The AI horrible, but I posted all I wanted about that in my first post. 

I personally feel it's way to easy to just keep up perma alacrity as a Mechanist, you can just auto attack. But this is more a matter about overall design in the game; Do we want it to be easy to spit out permanent boons or not.
Cause if that's the case then let it be able to spit out 25 might stacks permanent aswell. 

Edited by Amadeus.5687
  • Like 3

One of my biggest gripes about this is a similar one to the bladesworn, the summon and dismiss buttons are on the wrong button, in my opinion these actions should be on the less used elite toolbelt button, not on the widely muscle memoried 4th toolbelt slot.

Secondly, to make the medkit not seriously underwhelming with the specialisation, allow it to use healing toolbelt skills making it more or less utilise the same basic key setup.

The number of times I have went to press my incendiary ammo key only for the pet to fly off is getting rediculous.

The one major issue with mechanist (aswell with untamed) is that you are not able to properly controll the mech positioning.

Command:Attack! do  not exist at all, and Command:Return to me!  can not be key binded.

If i want my golem to attack target, i need to either waste one of his F1 skills, or press 1 key towards my targeted enemy.

Another small issue is that the mech takes some time to be recalled for repairs, in which he is vlunerable to damage, so in pvp it can be eazilly killed without any way of saving the mech.

Mechanist is plagued with many problems on a mechanical level which make playing this elite spec really unenjoyable for me.

It won't be able to actually deliver on improving gameplay of engineer in ways needed (like non-kit reliant condition builds), but at least the spec should stop having anti-synergy with core engineer stuff.

So what needs to change at minimum before release:

• Mech needs to be summonable under water

This is not negotiable. Under water, you lose the entire toolbelt AND the mech currently, which makes you basically a core engineer with just 1 toolbelt skill and just 2 trait lines. Unacceptable, this means that you can't dare to bring mechanist anywhere with water involved. Ranger has under water pets, so we know you can do it.

• Elixir H and AED need to heal the mech for a bit (3-4k without healingpower)

Ranger has this functionality on all the healing skills, because keeping the pet alive is important. Having the signet as the only heal skill to heal your mech is limiting build diversity too much.

• With mechanist, med kit needs to heal the engineer for 4k on equip with a cooldown of 20 seconds. The consumption of this effect can just get triggered while not being hard cced on equip.

This effect is needed to preserve the functionality of med kit and also the on-heal traits engineer has in several trait lines. Just ensure that we can't abuse the instant heal too much by requiring to not be hard cced while using it. You have proven that skill changes for core abilities are done if needed with virtuoso and their sword, so just make adjustments here as well to ensure that mechanist does not erase functionalities.

• Barrier signet and superconducting signet should create their AoE on both, the mechanist and their mech, but enemies and allies just can get affected by one at the same time

This is to ensure that bad mech AI doesn't mess with it and we get more control over placement. Scourge pillars already work in that way that multiple don't affect the same target multiple times, apply this to mechanist, too.

There are more changes needed for balancing in my opinion, but these are absolutely required to make mechanist at least mechanically. Number changes can follow.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 6

Just add my 2 cent

if golem theme is reflect eastern style. The color of golem should not be green

coz the eastern people think  red and gold are lucky color while green and black are unlucky.

I am not sure ANET use green tone to reflect story line “ jade sea” or not?

if yes . Then I accept, if not change green to other color might be better.

Reading some of the comments here and there.

As much as i read its that mostly non engi mains like the new spec because its not so relevant on kits and pretty strong in open world.

A lot of engi mains dislike it or have doubts about viability of this spec, because of the toolbelt lose and literally stick as a core engi with 4 kit rotation to be high end competetive.

My personal opinion, this is no offense to the developer, i hate this spec... but why?

First of all i dislike mace, i never wanted a mainhand melee power weapon, and i rarely use sword on my holo. Dont know why, maybe its just personal preference.

Second is the AI in general, pathfinding and commands seems to be weird sometimes. what i want is control over the situation and not like "omg what is that thing doing now"

And the third is that our charakter itself is basically a core engi with 2 traitline and no toolbelt. Yes, i know i cant count it like this because we have the mech, but its more a personal thing i dont want to give a piece of my power to a companion.

And last, is the design. "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and I highly dislike the mechs look, this golden-green, please as a lot of other mentioned before, give us a customize.

again, please dont take it as offense, but i am just super dissapointed, maybe my expection of a new e spec was just something else...

• Like 4