Mechanist Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Please please please replace the "Return to me" skill with a groundtargetted "go there" skill.

Literally does the same when self-targeting but opens up a thousand options.

Maybe even for ranger pets as well.

With the mechanic pet having a much wider range of support tools than any pet ever it is even more important that you can accurately control the position of the pet in certain situations and it's especially vital for the PBAoE skills the pet uses like the projectile block or the barrier.

I'm just imagining trying to use it to projectile block the hand projectiles on adina and then it just zooms away.

A pet loses a lot its value when it cannot reliable act away from its owner. Being able to split up (in space and responsibility) is one of the core interactions of fun pet play.

The guild chat preview has shown that everything that has been a problem with ranger pets such as zooming around, being unresponsive etc. is a problem and especially when it comes to competitive or end game content, having something this inaccurate is simply unfun (and unlike ranger you don't have a spare in your pocket) so this is a very necessary thing to make the mechanic competitive in all 3 game modes.

• Like 5

Build crafting / mech customization feels bad. I still think Traits are overly restrictive non-choices, and mech skills being tied to them makes it even worse. Compared to Beta 3, changes to mech's stat scaling sure didn't help.

Would it be broken if the mech just inherited 100% of our stats by default? It's not like a full zerker engi giving 100% of its 0 condi damage and 0 expertise to the mech will somehow break its condi output, for example. Condi builds now have to make the choice between your mech having no condi damage or no crit chance. You already make a choice when you choose your gear stats. Why complicate it so much?

Would it be broken if Mech skills were freely selectable from the skill bar, independent of the traits?(slot restriction can still apply, if needed) If an offensive build wants that sweet sweet F2 stunbreak, the mech now has 5% crit chance. If a power build wants to use a mace, the mech will stay at range and pbaoe mech skills will miss you, unless you manually call it over. Same with a condi/boon build with a ranged weapon.

Traits should do something besides assigning mech skills. Grandmaster condi and boon traits are a good example of traits that make my mech actually do something. Master tier condi and power traits are so boring, even if they weren't such non-choices.

Too many choices are unnecessarily tangled together, and deviating from the intended build path is way too punishing. I would like some flexibility if I'm gonna feel like an engineer fiddling with my mech.

• Like 4

I'm not sure if this has been said, but build aside I think it would be super neat if there was some golemy dialog from the mech, like we see from all of the other golems throughout Tyria so far. There is precedent for idle dialog with the revenant, and also precedent for dialog on certain skills like Shouts and Commands. Maybe the mech could give some roboty version of the different command names when you use them (something like 'Crisis Zone: Initiated' or similar).

Its a neat flavor thing, and I definitely think that the actual play issues should be addressed first, but I just think it would be a cool feature.

• Like 1

Now, here's some insights on power mechanist now that Kitty's tested it again in this beta.

It's now in pretty good spot. Kitty's doing about same DPS on it as current metaclasses (28k with Golemancer runes, Scholar runes would likely be 30k)  if she tryhards by using rifle's skills 3+5. Kitty's not the best of the best nor she has infusions so some could probably pull out another few k DPS.
Though if power mechanist takes some boss-specific utilities like Personal Battering Ram for CC, Flamethrower for pushing or Barrier Signet for Projectile Block-bubble etc, dps tanks a bunch due to Force Signet's bonus being percentage, not a traditional "+180 power". Shift Signet is mandatory for power DPS builds, no questions asked.
And though the rotation is extremely simple for good DPS build, it's a very selfish one. It does bring 8-10 might for the sub (healers bring full might, though) and some CC but that's it. No important boons (FB, DH, Scourge, chrono, soulbeast etc.) nor built-in pulls (guards, reaper, chrono and condi rev) nor epis nor blocks without opportunity costs so like with power Virtuoso, power Mechanist pay with opportunity costs for its simplicity.
When it comes to mace, though...still doesn't DPS. It's a pure support/CC weapon, though that's how main-hand maces are for warrior and guardian as well. If you want it to be used for DPS, the auto-attack chain needs to be boosted to within 5-10% of Bomb's auto-attack spam so you'd be tempted to replace Bomb Kit over Force Signet if you need that one extra utility.

Also, from what Kitty mathed and tested a bit, 100% boon duration Mechanist can provide alacrity for 10...though it relies strongly on moving around to spread it evenly, similar to how alacrity renegade used to be before Righteous Rebel-trait got boosted to 10-targets (nerf it back plssss.)
E: Kitty now tested it in practise and it can provide about 75-80% during burns in realistic gameplay scenario but loses lots of DPS due to needing full Diviner's pretty much. Though her old "tablet on one side, Kitty on the other"-technique at least worked technically if not to desired enough effect.
And Kitty also found a way around the damage mech takes from greens: just send the mech away on before 2nd green pop. A bit of a DPS loss but it returns soon at full health and with skills almost ready to use.
E2: Someone pointed out about mech possibly inheriting +% Boon Duration stuffs from runes and sigils and that's apparently true now that Kitty tested (15s total Fury at 0%BD vs 20,5s at 37% from Barrier Burst with RoLeadership+SoConcentration). However, +% Condition Duration and subtypes aren't getting inherited. For the sake of buildcrafting, it'd be preferable if Condi Duration is changed to work like +% Boon Duration works now.
E3: Kitty now tested Heal 10-Alac Mechanist. Paired with RR Renegade, that combo keeps up full alac while heal mechanist also brings obscene amounts of other boons if turreted so.

Edited by LadyKitty.6120
Added further test results
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Something I forgot to add in my previous post :

-The elite signet (overcloack signet or something like that) deals very poor damage. Anet wants us to use that skill in combat however not only power Mechanist is underwhelming but that skill barely does 4-5k damage with a long 90 sec CD. Since the golem survivability is still garbage when you're geared with zerk, I'll still use that skill to revive my Mech whenever it dies.

-50 sec CD after your mech dies is better than 100 seconds but it is still not enough.

-Explosive proc should be 100% of the time if you're running the first row of the ultimate skill trait (dont know how it is called sorry). Especially now that power is very underwhelming

-ALLOW THE MECH TO BE USED UNDERWATER. No really if I'm going to explore underwater maps, let me use the golem or else let the game automatically switch to my holosmith build. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wesly.6497 said:

Overclock Signet pretty useful signal but skill (Signet Active: Order your mech to fire its ultimate weapon, the jade buster cannon. If your mech is not present, instead your mech is summoned, even if Crash Down is on cooldown) useless in this signet .It would be pretty good if this skill (Signet Active: Order your mech to fire its ultimate weapon, the jade buster cannon. If your mech is not present, instead your mech is summoned, even if Crash Down is on cooldown) would be in the signal Force Signet because in  Force Signet Signet Active: Knock foes away from yourself and away from your mech. useless , Overclock Signet I just did it with an active signal Protection Resistance 3sec in wvw and pvp  It is much more useful to  summon a mech

or just swap Force Signet   Signet Active: Knock foes away from yourself and away from your mech. to Signet Active: Order your mech to fire its ultimate weapon, the jade buster cannon. If your mech is not present, instead your mech is summoned, even if Crash Down is on cooldown. and signi Overclock Signet Signet Active: Knock foes away from yourself and away from your mech. it will be right and it's much easier to do just swap. 

now Force Signet Recharge  cooldown 40sec with a perk Mech Core: J-Drive for example 35sec 

Overclock Signet Recharge time let it stay 90sec  but now Signet Active: Knock foes away from yourself

Edited by wesly.6497

23 hours ago, Adrianna.3092 said:

that happens because the mech cannot enter water... like at all... even an inch of water and the mech will REFUSE to go anywhere near it... it behaves the same way flesh golem used to... before they made it a shark in the water.

Thank you!  I didn't know this, and I appreciate the info.

I'm a bit disappointed in the stat changes, but not surprised they were made.

What I was surprised by, and a bit pissed off about, is tying the golem's use of Rocket Punch to mace. I'm not overly impressed by the mace, and making its use mandatory to access Rocket Punch irks me. 

Lastly, our jade marvel still has its allergy to water? Really? The devs didn't learn the lesson afforded by the flesh golem it would seem. Ugh.

• Like 3

My personal issue with 4th beta changes is mainly the Mech aggro.
Before, the Mech used to have 374 more toughness that assured aggro from mobs/bosses that pursued high defence, now is impossible to have it tanking for you with those type of enemies (Balthazar hero point is just an example), this is expecially true if you are fighting in melee range (mace).
I really hope that this issue will be somehow addressed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hash.8462 said:

My personal issue with 4th beta changes is mainly the Mech aggro.
Before, the Mech used to have 374 more toughness that assured aggro from mobs/bosses that pursued high defence, now is impossible to have it tanking for you with those type of enemies (Balthazar hero point is just an example), this is expecially true if you are fighting in melee range (mace).
I really hope that this issue will be somehow addressed.

Yea, I've noticed that enemies always come after me and never the mech, which really blows when you're wanting it to tank for a tiny asura mechanist, lol.

• Like 3

Here is my feedback after messing around this beta-

1.  I do really enjoy the spec and I feel its nearly there.

2.  The nerf to the power spec was overly harsh rendering it a dismal choice.  A full Trailblazer/ Undead runes spec is still pretty strong but that gear set up is getting pretty stale.

3. The mech needs to be usable under water.

4. Jade Cannon still feels pretty weak and not really a compelling option to use at the risk of not being able to re-summon the Mech.

5.  Here are my suggested changes, I really believe this will address a lot of the issues people are having whilst keeping the class fantasy A-net are going for.  I'm not sure if its too late in the day to make these changes but the technology already exists in the game it will just be a matter of implementing it -

5.1 shift the current mech commands down one, I.e. F1 becomes F2, F2 becomes F3, F3 becomes F4 and F4 becomes F5 like the rest of the specs mechanics.  At the new F1 give us back the tool belt for the healing skill only.  That will at least allow Med Kit to be used and give a bit of diversity in skills;

5.2 introduce a 'Soul beast' type mechanic.  When the Mech is unsummoned or down for repairs it becomes an exosuit of armour.  While in this state the Mechanist's stats can be bumped up a bit to compensate for losing the Mech and more importantly you can retain the Mech Command skills even if its in a reduced / modified form.  This will make up for losing the tool belt to a degree while being all around less punishing and still fulfilling the design of Mech Commands in lieu of the toolbelt and the traits affecting the Mech more than the player;

5.3 the exo-suit state can also be the underwater state if they don't want to give us the separate Mech, at least that will be something;

5.4 give back Jade Syphon and de-couple Rocket Punch from mace 3 but just make the Mechs priorities different, if it received a command that cancels/ overrides its Jade Syphon or Rocket Punch.

I really believe the above solution will go a long way to addressing many of the issues in a clean, fun and relatively unique way.

Edited by GrayHawk.7560
  • Like 7

The changes to mechanist so far are great but it still leaves a lot to be desired, in pvp at least.

First off medkit, using medkit is pretty much impossible since the F1 heal skill is no longer an option. I feel like medkit would be an amazing skill to have since you would be able to easily support your mech with condition cleanse and healing them without using your active heal skill. A possible easy fix would be to change the auto attack with the F1 Bandage skill and give it a 15 second cooldown. Then change the F1 toolbelt skill to a more enhanced version of the auto attack skill with stronger base healing, stronger additional healing per boon, and a 20 second cooldown or something around the range. This way the important healing skill would be usable on the Mechanist specialization. 

Next the Mech itself. I feel that the way stats are placed on the traits limits the variety of builds a mechanist can make for pvp. The major trait "Mech Frame: Channeling Circuits" Unlocks the Mech Command Crisis Zone, an ability that applies defensive boons, cleanses 3 conditions, and break stuns which is really good for pvp since condition cleanse and stunbreaks are crucial in that content. However this trait forces the mech to have 100% of your healing power and concentration preventing you from using this amazing ability as a Power Mechanist or even Condi Mechanist. I think a change of having all the "Percentage of your own stats" being combined and added to the third Minor trait "Exigency Protocols" would be much better option than some minor regen increase. Then after that bring back the passive skills to the other traits. For example the major trait "Mech Frame: Conductive Alloys" gives the mech a very melee range condition skill, returning the passive skill Jade Siphon and adding some condition damage to it would give the trait a bit more viability. At the same time the major trait "Mech Frame: Variable Mass Distributor" gives the mech a slow charged slow velocity disabling projectile that is easily avoidable and having the passive skill Rocket Punch returned would give the mech an option for a very quick fast velocity short stun. This would allow the mechanist to use the mech at it's full potential without being forced to use the mace weapon. The major trait "Mech Frame: Channeling Circuits" Passive skill doesn't really make sense since the trait itself doesn't apply barrier, so it can't really make use of the alacrity. It would be better to have that on the major trait "Mech Core: Barrier Engine" since this trait adds a skill that actively grants barrier. And then for a Passive skill allow the mech to actively release an AOE of offensive boons like might and/or fury, or possibly instead of boons an AOE of debilitating conditions like weakness and/or slow. I do know that the reason these skills were removed is because of a queue of skills that delayed the skills you actively cast. I feel that having multiple passive skills on the mech at once was causing this issue and having 1 passive skill wouldn't do too much harm to the mech.

Some minor ideas:

1. Allow the "Smack" ability on toolkit to heal the mech for 5% of the mech's Hp. Some additional healing options that doesn't require healing power would help justify allowing the mech to have such a long cooldown when defeated. 

2. Allow the mech to respawn when the players respawns in pvp. As a mechanist you're not really capable of doing much on your own regardless if you're power, condi, or support since everything revolves around the mech. And being down an additional 40 seconds for no reason would only cause matches to be an uphill battle.

3. Since engineer can't swap to a second weapon, perhaps allow a kit to be in the second weapon option. This would give mechanist a bit more of what they need to support and survive on their own if their mech was defeated. Or just give them the option to use a second weapon.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Which would be nice if I could just drop Mace, but sadly there is no alternative power weapon I can take with the shield.

I bet Sword would work better. Oddly, Mace would work well on on Scrapper. I really hope they open up weapons to be used on other specs in future.

I haven't tested in sPvP, does mech respawn when you do or do you just have to AFK at spawn till it recharges so you don't die instantly?

On 11/30/2021 at 8:53 PM, Adrianna.3092 said:

slight problem with that... but if you have the trait that makes signet passive always up.. it would mean the cannon was ALWAYS active...just something to keep in mind.

Yeah, that's the intent. The cannon is essentially the passive for the overclock signet. It's balanced by making the choice to take that trait. Ideally the traits in that tier should all be competitive enough that to always use the cannon you are giving up a significant trait choice. The cannon itself is balanced by it's own cd 30-40sec. The summon is balanced by the 90s cd. Either way if you have the trait or not it should be balanced, especially if they keep the cannon damage as low as it is now.

There is one Issue I would like to bring up and that is the blade arms vs the fist arms... to tell you the truth they kinda feel Identical... What  I would think for this is to change the fist arms so instead of  being a punchy mech, the mech will instead stand beside you and shoot healing juice or something at nearby allies, allowing you to run a solid healing/support mech rather than having it run in and often into the middle of nowhere when you need with you to support.

In order to tailor towards the medkit for example, the F1 ability could be changed to a healing skill but the trait itself also reducing your normal healing skill effectiveness while having an effect for the med kit to increase the healing of this mech skill substantially.

Edited by Stalima.5490

My suggestions are this.

Unlink rocket punch from the mace and just make it weapon slot 3.

Bring back jade siphon and link it to weapon slot 4.

This allows you to use pistols/rifle/shield with mech without losing anything while also adding jade siphon back which was a nice little ability.

Another is having the boon copy on the shift signet makes it feel mandatory I would rather see it moved to one of the minor traits to make shift signet a optional ability.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dakiaris.2798 said:

Another is having the boon copy on the shift signet makes it feel mandatory I would rather see it moved to one of the minor traits to make shift signet a optional ability.

This I agree with. Maybe instead of the new minor trait we got we could get a trait that copies all our boons on to mech since we don't have that many sources of regeneration anyway.

tested double pistol condi gear with a mix of signet and core skills and it was actually okayish.

definitively not the worst of the new spec BUT it still needs some work:

what i think mechanist needs the most:

_golem should take 100% of our gear stat no matter the trait used. (so we can use any combination of trait for the golem without the fear of using useless stats)

_give engi the golem skills when it is not out but with reduced damage and effectiveness. think soulbeast.

so we keep it original with still some toolbelt skills.

_put golem underwater with same skills.

_put golem rocket punch on  all weapons 3rd skill.

_make sure the golem don't auto summon itslef.

_add confusion condi on 1st mass auto attack. add a new condi (torment?) to 3rd mass auto attack.

_make so signet is used both on us AND golem. so if golem is active it can double the effectivness thus rewarding those who play with golem.

_fix jade mortar targeting. moving target makes it fire in the sky intead of toward the target.(or make it seeking the target for a few seconds.)

_accelerate mass 3rd skill projectile.

_put the f4 bombardment skill underwater on the ultimate signet which would trigger around you AND the golem where it spawns back if the golem is dead.

_scrap the ultimate laser beam and replace it with several big seeking missiles. (solve the problem of having target not on same elveation and not doing any damage on moving target. also we already have a laser beam with holosmith.)

speaking of ultimate i have a proposition. 3 different ultimate skill depending on the last trait used.

first one (starting from top) could trigger the actual beam but with fixed targeting so it can hit target on different elevation. low power damage but high burning.

second one could trigger the jade mortar barrage from the sky. causing damage and knockback (WvW mortar).

third trait could trigger a multi jade missile (seeking projectile) toward you target.

🙂

Edited by ledernierrempart.6871

3 hours ago, ShadowInTheVoid.9183 said:

I bet Sword would work better. Oddly, Mace would work well on on Scrapper. I really hope they open up weapons to be used on other specs in future.

I haven't tested in sPvP, does mech respawn when you do or do you just have to AFK at spawn till it recharges so you don't die instantly?

in pvp the mech respawns with you if you die... if the mech dies however it goes on cooldown and the cooldown lasts even after you respawn.

• Sad 1

Whelp, after fiddling with the spec for a while, I decided to toss my two cents to the discussion, I apologize for my english if I make any mistakes, is not my native language.

Tbh, I do try to always praise first before going harsh into the critique, but I can't fully tell if I'm actually interested in the current spec or my inner engie main is in denial. I don't want to just say "Spec bad, me angy, change it" but I actually don't know if the spec is as problematic as I feel or I'm just a casual dum dum. Still I decided that rather than trying to see pros and cons I will take a look at each element of the spec.

Mace: I don't know how to feel about the weapon skills, they're not bad and I'm actually happy engie got mace cause I'm one of the few weirdos who like the weapon, but the skills are... ok? In one hand is true that engie is the less weapon dependant spec in the game, so I do understand if it's just a plus of the spec rather than a big addition. Maybe we could consider add dual wield mace to add more function and options to the weapon, so it could maybe have some AoE cc skills or some heavy hitter skills, cause at the moment, the spec feels like a net loss so gaining so little makes the weapon even more insignificant.

Signets: At first I was sceptical but I ended up loving the signets more than I expected. The visual flare and the effects are very fun to use and it's more rewarding than most signets skills. Maybe some tweaking could be done to avoid overlapping with gyros but so far I like the implementation and how they're more than just buffs. I do have issues with Rectifier and Overclock but I will talk about those in a bit.

Jade Mech: Oh boy... I don't know where to start here. I know many ppl here have shared their issues so I will try to not just rant about it. I have to agree that the spec feels like I'm giving up a lot and handing it to an AI companion, I don't feel like the mech is helping me, I feel like I'm depending on it, I don't hate the idea of the mech, far from it, being either one huge mech or a tiny army of little mechs I was assuming engies would get a pet spec. But engies are the utility profession and the dependency on talents and skills is higher compared to other professions, and the mech is taking away more than adding to the spec.

Let's take the tool belt as an example, both scrapper and holo remove 3 skills from engies (the 3 elite tool belt skills) but in exchange, scrapper gets a two handed weapons and powerfull utility while holo gains the photon forge which it adds a weapon swap and changes in the playstyle, what those specs give in exchange of losing those skills vastly overcompensate the lost. Mechanism instead lose a total of 27 skills from core, just think of that, we're changing 27 skills for 9 that have limited customization. And not only that, we also lose almost an entire talent tree cause all the mayor traits are those 9 skills.

And all of that falls on the fact that not only we depend on the AI to some extend, but also on the fact that the mech can be killed, just think about that, it doesn't matter the game mode, if I get my mech killed by one reason or the other, I lost use of 90% of a talent tree plus my profesion mechanic, that risk is not nearby close to the reward, even as a holosmith, if I let my photon forge overheat, I just get some damage and lose my tool belt for 15 secs which is nothing compared to losing my mech. Those downsides makes signet of rectifier and overclocking feel mandatory, which it may not be true but that's how it feels. The mech is not helping, I'm rellying on it.

Talents: I did cover most of my points in the previous point but to sumarize, I don't feel like I'm earning anything from them, all of those trait are for my mech so I feel like I'm giving them away, heck, even the speck splash art in the UI shows the mech instead of the engie, as in that thing matters more than me. BUT, there's ONE trait that I actually feel it could be the base of improving the mech, Mech Figther, this is a minor trait that in the big picture doesn't add much and even then the main point is that it adds my vitality to the mech, but seeing the mech shoot it's rocket punch when I use mace 3, it does feel like it's adding to it instead of taking away.

Seeing the mech attack with me gives me this sensation of figthing with me so is less about me depending on it and more of it adding to the combat, I know this skill has the issue of losing most of it's juice when using other weapons, but the idea of the mech reacting to my actions instead of me depending on it following my commands add value to the idea, like we're indeed figthing together.

After some thinking I took that trait I decided to come up with two major reworks, I know I know, is way too late to build the spec from the ground, but I do believe is easier to rework the spec than fixing the AI. And who knows, maybe is not as hard as I think but I would rather have a new version of the spec on release even if it would require tweaking post launch rather than the current build.

1. Stand by mode: As I said, I like the idea of Mech Figther and I came up with the idea of having the mech working in two functions, stand by and deployed. By default, the mech is in Stand By, in which it's either flying like a drone or attached to the engie like a kit (imagine something like the Mark Y Golem backpack but with bigger arms or just arms) in which the mech can't be targeted at all. In Stand By, engies gain access to their tool belts but the mech works by reacting to weapon skills, since engie has so little weapons, adding alternative skills or something would be easier. In this mode the mech either attacks or buff according to the engies actions, adding like a second reactive function. In Deployed, the mech works like it's actual iteration, BUT, in this mode the mech is extremly more powerfull, so deploying it would indeed have the risk of getting it destroyed but in this mode it has a bigger impact, the engie can swap modes at any moment, however, if the mech is destroyed, it would be forced to Stand By mode with a larger CD to be deployed and either have limited or weaker functions during repair. Also it could add more about positioning the mech as having the skill to change it from Stand By to Deployed could add more in making it work like a conduit to engies skills and signets.
  2. Deploy the army: I feel like this concept of the Mechanism was born not only from the robot idea but also on trying to toy with the experiment of making a spec that would remove the tool belt, which in theory I respect so I decided to give it a shot. I thought of maybe a voltron idea in which the engie has access to 3 small mechs that work like necro's minions, this mech have a command assigned to the F1, F2 and F3 to be called back or deployed, they could even have a reaction to certain utility skills via talents. If a mech dies or is call out, they give a charge to summon the current mech jade, in which it would have a function similar to the previous idea. There could be talents related to the mechs helping the engie, like the second row is based on assisting giving skills to instantly summon in case of emergencies or teleporting to protect or attack. I'll admit I kind of forced myself with this idea as it's very clunky, but I did tried to not only reduce the mech downtime but also making them more of an addition to engineer kit rather than leeching off.

I do want to be wrong cause I don't want to just be demanding and tell Anet how to do their job, but honestly, engie is my main and even thou I'm no pro, I feel like this spec is indeed taking away more than giving. And I don't want to twist anyone's arm to tell them they suck but I did tried to share my experience without taking it personal... I said try so sorry if I didn't.

Honestly, I don't think the spec is horrible or unplayable, but I don't see myself picking it up in it's current state unless I self impose myself.

Thank you for for listening and I wish you all some happy holidays.

• Like 2

The AI is way better than in the last beta, but support aside. The elite as a whole feels too stiff and weak in it’s current iteration, even when compared to core engineer.

Please consider these suggestions/feedback:

1 - Make our mech inherit 100% of our stats through a minor trait. Leave it’s Toughness and Vitality as static values for balance if you must.

It feels too disjointed and limiting for our golem to give up stats depending on traits, that’s what our gear is for. You can easily adjust the power coefficients of it’s skills or like druid, reduce it’s overall damage by a determined % in support builds for balance instead.

If you want to stubbornly stick to this design, please consider limiting it to Ferocity for bottom, Healing Power/Concentration for mid and Expertise for upper traits.

For build diversity and consistency. The golem must at the very least, inherit 100% of our Power, Condition damage and Precision at all times, regardless of our chosen traits.

2 - Make all mech skills and signets ground target. As bothersome as this might be for some people, this would alleviate many AI and positioning problems we’re currently dealing with.

3 - Remove the unsummon/summon animation when dismounting, gliding, this one is a no brainer. Right now it is really bothersome and exploitable. Improve the stowing gimmick so the golem doesn’t summon by itself randomly and move it to f5 for consistency.

4 - Make our golem work underwater. Like ranger pets, we don’t even need for it to transform into a necro shark, just make it cast it’s skills around us or our target.

5 - Move the command skills to f2, f3 and f4. Give us back f1 as a selectable toolbelt skill among our equipped heal/utilities. You have the tech for this (look at revenant)

In it’s current iteration it seems that you’re intending for us to run at least two signets all the time (swiftness for boom sharing+ condi/power/barrier) and i’m fine with that.

However as it has been said countless times,  old utilities/healing skills are balanced towards having their toolbelt counterpart, limiting it to only f1 is already a pretty big trade-off for an elite, giving up all toolbelt skills shouldn’t go live.

6 - Mace is still weak as a DPS weapon and needs some adjustments, perhaps adding torment or bleeding to it’s AA chain and increasing rocket punch damage would do the trick? 

Make rocket punch’s CC/damage come from a single source. Depending on two different sources (you and the golem) for it to work correctly creates some unnecessary landing issues, more so in competitive modes.

7 - In a world where Renegade and Mirage can  perfectly cover alaricity for 10 persons, we shouldn’t be limited to just 5-man alaricity output. Please don’t wait for release to cover this.

8 - Many core traits/Runes don’t interact at all with the golem (boons on bleeding for example…) you may want to check them out.

9 - Tying golem revival to a damaging skill is bad design, perhaps moving the revival to healing signet instead of the elite would make more sense? Or just delete it altogether if you reduce it’s downtime, I’m not really sure about this one to be honest… 

10 - Give our golem a received AoE-damage reduction passive or give it a 3/4s i-frame when we use an evade, at least for PvE. I don’t know if there’s already a damage reduction for pets like this within the game, if so… it needs some tweaks.

The golem loves to stand on AoE fields, it doesn’t have evades and there’s no realistic way to solve this issue through micromanaging or IA without putting some serious work behind the scenes.

Other MMORPGs like World of Warcraft got around this issue by giving pets a passive 90% received AoE-damage reduction in PvE, lazy but effective.

Perhaps such numbers may be too much for Gw2, but some damage reduction would do wonders and give us time to react.

11 - Unlike rangers we can’t switch pets and our damage is more directly linked to our companion, on top of that Mechanist is too weak without their golem, so a 50 seconds repairing windows is still too much of a setback.

Please consider reducing it’s downtime to 25s in PvE, I cannot speak about competitive modes.

12 - When you cast any damaging weapon skill, even without range or target. The golem goes nuts and decides to go and attack anything it feels like within a pretty big range. 

13 - Please add dye channels to the golem. Rangers have multiple pets to suit their fantasy/styles, come on, pamper us! This shouldn’t be that hard to implement. 

14 - I hate Sky circus. PERIOD, it makes no sense. 🤮 

Edited by milumilu.1759
A couple of typos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, milumilu.1759 said:

I hate Sky circus. PERIOD, it makes no sense

sky circus would make FAR more sense on the condi path (assuming you gave it condis) because at least that path is melee... but being on the power traitline with the guns really makes it fking terrible cus its almost never going to be in melee range for the knockback to matter....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1