Mechanist Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Here's a couple found in pvp that nobody has posted yet: 

Infinite alacrity - The alacrity barrier trait (channeling conduits), sanctuary runes, and compounding chemicals in alchemy combine to give easy 100% alacrity uptime in spvp. This partly seems to be an oversight rather than a bug - but there is another bug in play. Whenever you trigger a skill with a cooldown, the duration of alacrity resets to max. This weird buggy synergy only really seems to work when you have all three ingredients.

Infinite stun breaks - Force signet doesn't go on full cooldown if cancelled. 

The mech should be exempt from Effect LOD otherwise it looks like it’s not doing anything with projectiles.

need a new key bind for return to me otherwise it will aggro on anything hit with static discharge. 
floating damage numbers are showing way over the head of mobs like candy corn elementals  I don’t know if this is where pet numbers have previously displayed but for a while I thought nothing was connecting 

1. Medical Dispersion Field doesn't work with Rectifier Signet Passive
  2. The Mech Arms: Jade Cannons auto-attack ability, Jade Energy Shot, do not have a skill fact mouse-over in the combat log
  3. Dynamo Burst from Mech Core: Jade Dynamo does not have a skill description, it just lists it's damage, targets, and range.
  4. Barrier Blast (Mace auto 3) has a quick animation on Asura. Doesn't seem like it's following the 1/2 second cast time
  5. Sometimes the Mech shoots Jade Mortar off towards the moon and it'll end before reaching the ground
  6. Can't see cooldowns on F1 and F3
  7. Mech runs towards a target when using Crisis Zone and Barrier Burst, when they should be used at the Mech's location
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Drakhar.1389 said:

Here's a couple found in pvp that nobody has posted yet: 

Infinite alacrity - The alacrity barrier trait (channeling conduits), sanctuary runes, and compounding chemicals in alchemy combine to give easy 100% alacrity uptime in spvp. This partly seems to be an oversight rather than a bug - but there is another bug in play. Whenever you trigger a skill with a cooldown, the duration of alacrity resets to max. This weird buggy synergy only really seems to work when you have all three ingredients.

I found it too. It looks bug to me because you gain alacrity whenever you apply any boons, not only barriers.

Edited by Tazdingo.8249

I've noticed something on two different beta engies.

If I'm standing in shallow water (ie where you don't start swimming) and start attacking a baddie, my character will sometimes make attacking animations but no damage is actually done to the enemy. A very small (like 9 hp) green heal does pop up though. It almost feels like server lag, but I don't think it is--If I move around and reposition, eventually my character starts doing damage again.

Additionally, standing on land and targeting an enemy in the water works for my weapons, but the mech will often attack in an opposite direction instead of the targeted enemy, or attack in the right direction but way off in the distance. (This was with ranged mech attacks.)

Edited by MorganOneNine.1025

Not sure if this is a Mechanist-specific bug, but in the Special Forces Training area with all boons and professions-specific buffs the Equipment panel would lag the game out horribly until I closed it. And it's only the Equipment tab. The Achievements, Wardrobe, and Build tabs were fine.

Bug list 😉:

1. Rename the Mech every time you call him;
  2.  the F1-2-3 action never starts when you press because the mech is out of range , but he never records your command, you need to push it again when it comes in range;
  3. there is not the red line in F1-2-3 for the  "not in range" skills, they are very usefull, inset them; (Bug?!)
  4. with "shift Signed" the Mech never teleports, he come "walking"

My mech summon and unsummon at random, as if my character was continuously using f4. The only way to stop the loop when it happens is to use another skill that channels when the mech is being summoned, so my character physically cannot unsummon it back. That's kind of a big issue.

If I knock down a creature and then use a mech skill to attack it, the mech attack will go over the creature without hitting it.

At least some of the time when I use the shadow step skill the mech (slowly) walks rather than teleporting.

In group combat situations in wvw it seemed like the graphics for the f2 f3 projectiles wasn't displayed, I can't say for absolute sure given the chaos and the general graphical noise in group fights, but that seemed to be the case.

Edit: in the labyrinth with a dozen people in squad I could clearly see the mech's body doing the actions but the "projectiles" weren't being displayed a lot of the time. 

Edited by blp.3489

Just stuff I've noticed:

1. Crash Down is completely broken, the animation/damage doesn't play 90% of the time (On ultimate as well)
  2. Jade Mortar Animation get's stuck on firing after fired
  3. Core reactor animation get's stuck on firing after fired
  4. Shift Signet doesn't always trigger Mech Teleportation.
  5. Jade Buster Cannon animation get's stuck
  6. Jade Buster cannon sometimes just doesn't fire but still goes on cooldown
  7. Nickname resets every time it's desummoned

On 10/26/2021 at 3:17 PM, Coolster.2536 said:

Shift Signet doesn't shadow step the mech if used while moving. Was very consistent with teleporting the mech when standing still

Seems to work much more consistently when in combat and works as described above when out of combat.

The teleport also fails if you fall off a big enough ledge when the teleport happens

Here are some bugs I found:

• Mace 1- Last auto on mace 1 barrier is not going to allies and therefore not providing alacrity with Channeling Conduits trait.
  • The stats of duration/damage can be confusing-The stats on the trait lines in the trait windows use the engis stats but the actual numbers for the mech are shown properly on the mech ability pet bar. Example, 15% boon duration only through mods on the engi and 0% boon duration on the mech shows 5.75s of alacrity for Crisis Zone in the trait/build window, but the actual ability on the mech shows 5s. There isn't a notice to tell players that stat modifiers (eg 10% boon duration sigil) doesn't apply to the mech.
  • Crisis zone- It seems to apply the boons at max duration on the mech even if the mech is not at full boon duration, could be at 0% and still get 10s of alacrity and protection, 30s of regen, and 6s of Aegis. This seems to not happen on Barrier Burst.
  • Spirits on Matthias- I didn't get a chance to do all raid bosses but things like the death walls on Soulless Horror or the poison from Sloth didn't do anything to the mech, but the roaming spirits on Matt did wreck it.
  • Animations- They were a bit wonky at times.
  • Nickname- Name of the mech resets when resummonded.

1) Mech Core: J-Drive trait bugged after mounting and dismounting.

This trait is supposed to continue giving the signet passive bonuses even when the signet is on cooldown, but it stops working if you use the signet then mount and dismount. In other words, after you dismount the signet's passive doesn't take effect anymore while it's on cooldown even if you have the trait. The problem fixes itself once the signet is recharged.

I also noticed that the gadgeteer trait will sometimes not boost your gadget skills after you mount and dismount several times, I don't know if these are related.

2) Mech auto summons itself after a few seconds when you dismount even if you don't have it summoned before you mount.

Edited by xhyc.2078

The pet swap button from ranger may appear sometimes while the mech is present, taking over the F4 key binding.  Using it recalls the mech.

Crash Down may sometimes fail to hit, likely due to lack of a valid pathing, but the mech will still be summoned in the targeted location.

Recall Mech/Crash down has finicky flipping. The expected behavior would be the skill flipping to the other skill when the process has finished, but the skills may flip between each during at several points of the recall and summoning.