Mechanist Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

The mech getting dismissed/recalled ... is annoying. There still seems to be bugs with this. Mech is already summoned but you have the "crash down" skill visible (which actually sents the Mech back then).

+ the elite signet on activation seems to incorrectly react (not using the mech's weapon but sending it back to cooldown).

Not 100 percent sure on this. But I think it was at high health and went away after I pressed some buttons including activating elite signet. And I think dodging while using Crash Down sometimes summons the mech but puts the skill on a small CD (like it got aborted while activating) still leaving Crash Down skill visible in the bar.

Would need more testing. I haven't really tested this. Just noticed some weird behaviour and trying to find explanations here.

Edited by Luthan.5236

Mechanist does not recieve 100% precision from the player, it seems to be capped at 2500 precision. This is a bug that is very recent, it was fine before today's patch and they can hit 80% crit chance without buffs or boons. just fine 
Also, Fractal Potions stats bonuses from AR (Precision, Concentration and Toughness) does not transfer to the golem. Please confirm if this is intended.

Edited by keramatzmode.1906

- Fractal potions don't affect golem, which is unfair considering all other pets get the bonus while we take a pretty big DPS cut.

- Golem will autosummon when ever exiting a mount, even if dismissed prior. Annoying for harvesting since he aggros mobs.

- Barrier and boon granting Signet's need an AOE set target location otherwise it's completely useless when your party is moving and the Golem only provides boons in the location he wants.

- Golem does not respond well to certain platforms and smaller locations where he doesn't fit, can cause him to fall off when taking certain turns, or pathing to player, and be "killed" as he despawns causing the CD to activate. Prominant in Thaumanova Reactor Fractal.

- F1 through F3 abilities can trigger CD without going off if you dont properly wait for the animation from the last ability to fully end, effectively "eating" an ability and losing out on it. This also occurs with the revival elite skill if pressed during his "dying" animation.

- Elite laser ability will "miss" if attacking anything on a different elevation, even if a small incline.

- STILL NO UNDER WATER MEAN GREEN SUBMARINE.

Edited by Horus.8304
  • Like 3

Came here to say it also that as mentioned before jump shot constantly unsummons the mech. I also had a bug in WvW where when it was unsummoned by jump shot I couldn't resummon it again for a whole minute. The ability was on 10 second cd and when I used it nothing happened and it went on another 10 second cooldown. And so it went on for multiple tries until the mech itself suddenly decided to hop back in without any input from me.

Edit: I've also learned that after your mech gets unsummoned by jump shot ability you have to jump/glide or mount up in order to get it back.

Edited by Mortime.1359

This isn't really a bug, more of an oversight I think but a pretty bad one.

Any sort of bonus that refers to "+x% boon duration" or "+x% condition duration" do not transfer over to the pet, because these bonuses aren't granted in the form of expertise or concentration.

Those bonuses "could" be provided as expertise or concentration, and it wouldn't make a difference anywhere else in the game if they were, but mechanist is unable to take advantage of them because they aren't.

There are also many mobs across the game that the jade mech simply won't target. This is most common among "structure" enemies and prop bosses (world bosses with the big targeting reticles on them). The mech will simply sit still and do nothing.

Edited by Tulki.1458

The passive effect of Shift Signet seems to be operating in too strong of a manner. It states "Boons you gain are copied to your mech." However what appears to be happening, is that each time you gain a buff, it gains a copy of every boon on you at the time of the copy. So if you use Crisis Zone, Gain Protection/Alacrity for 6 Seconds, your mech will get it's 6 second duration, plus a copied version of your own.  If you THEN use Barrier Burst right after, it will pulse Might/Fury/Vigor on you, but it will copy the buffs from Crisis Zone in addition to the barrier burst buffs for each pulse, as well as when you give yourself buffs with weapon skills or the like.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 2:13 AM, santenal.1054 said:

Why do random people standing around me receive my boons instead of me? Do I get my stunbreaker or does that go to waste also? Is this supposed to work like that?

Sadly the stunbreak goes to waste too. Had it a few times already.

• Crisis Zone should always effect the engineer imo, even if not near the mech.
  • Also Crisis Zone also interrupts other mech skills like Barrier burst, tho it is an insta cast.
  • Shift Signet also interupts mech skills, would be neat if it wouldnt do it to move the aoe position for barrier burst or sky circus.
  • Mech is stuck some times on isles of first boss in fractal level 99
    Some traits are useless in combation with certain skills, Cleansing Pulse and Reconstruction Enclosure dont work on mech with med kit for example. because we dont have our F1 skill 😞
Edited by NeroBoron.7285

F1 thru F3 just doesn’t want to fire off.  It’s like you need to aim at a target before you press the keys and then you might see F1 thru F3 fire off.  Make them AOE ..not based on the mechanist’s traits but based on the mechanist’s 6 thru 10 skills and…..need it to be a real tool belt..F1 thru F5.

Edited by EyzKold.8247
Key assignment

mech still has shadow stability or breakbar enabled, in pvp my mech and when I stun others it takes a few to proc a stun or daze even when the mech has no stab, even if they inherit the auto stunbreak trait which they should not I have had my own / enemy mechs shrug off more than 1 stun/daze in less than 10 seconds with no stability 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this goes in here, but the Jade Mech renaming doesn't work for me. Name stays as it is. 😧
Edit: It works, but only if you hit enter. Pressing the 'accept' button doesn't change the name.

Edited by Sim.4532

Not sure if this one has been brought up yet, but if you're using a rifle on mechanist and use rifle 5 (the leap attack/jumpshot), your mech disappears.  It seems the attack triggers the airborne despawn trigger for the mech that occurs when you jump off of something or use a glider/mount.

The mech will respawn the next time you use your glider/jump high enough, or when you use the rifle 5 attack again.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but if I use the Med Kit with Mechanist and go into Inventions trait line, I cannot proc Cleansing Synergy, Automated Medical Response or Reconstruction Enclosure because I don't have a personal heal on my toolbelt anymore. I really think that at least the heal toolbelt should remain with mechanist. This will be the same with literally any heal skill based proc.

Edited by Reknarok.7582

The occasional aerial bombardments when the mech is dismissed from Mech Core: J-Drive trait target the Supply Depots in WvW if no enemies are in range. This is annoying if you are waiting by a point or capturing it as the bombardment is loud & obvious and occurs every few seconds, and because this locks you in combat so cannot change weapons etc. 

https://imgur.com/a/VaDnGMh