Mechanist Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

9 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:

Recently, I noticed that occasionally the Mech will just disappear when I use the Jump Shot (Rifle) skill. I tested it many times and it really happened. No my Mech did not die and I did not accidentally stow it away either. Can you guys confirm this?

jump shot is one of those leaps that counts as being airborne. thats why u cant shadowstep or use instant skills while in the middle of it

Sorry if i wasn't clear about this. I meant the Mech just totally disappeared after I landed. And I have to wait for a few seconds before it could be recalled back. And also I tried support build. The barrier tick on the tooltip shows 1018 per tick but in combat the ticking is only 826. I wonder if this is a glitch too. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Mil.3562

58 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

Sorry if i wasn't clear about this. I meant the Mech just totally disappeared after I landed. And I have to wait for a few seconds before it could be recalled back. And also I tried support build. The barrier tick on the tooltip shows 1018 per tick but in combat the ticking is only 826. I wonder if this is a glitch too. Thanks for the reply.

I think they forgot to update the tooltip when they nerfed Barrier Burst down to the same barrier as our other sources.  It looks like the tooltip is still scaling it on healing power at a higher level than the others where it's actually putting out the same as Barrier Signet, Mace, and the traited pulsing barrier from the mech.

Recently ran into an issue when using Mace 3 skill. It would also activate the Jade Buster Cannon elite skill. Only occurs during combat. Tried other weapons and kits but could not reproduce.

Fixed issue by swapping to a different elite skill then going back to Jade Buster elite skill.

Edited by gbeermang.2895
Resolved

Mech Frame: Variable Mass Distributor doesn't make our mech inherit precision or ferocity, thus making power mech somewhat useless. This is despite tooltip saying it inherited our stats, but when testing it, we can see that it hasn't.

Edited by Aravind.9610

Weird pathing behaviour for the Mech:
If im running in a straight line forward and use shift signet forward the mech will start running back to my previous position before running with me again.

Similar behaviour when commanding the Mech to attack a target player who uses a leap. In this case a warrior using sword 2 - the mech will go the warriors leap-starting position before heading toward the warrior.

Stability in fractals disspeared like aegis after getting knockbacked. Maybe some other classes remove this boon . Group composition was: Slb, 2x Harbinger, Firebrand, Healmech. Everytime me and my mates received incoming cc their stability dissappeared like aegis. something i mentioned about was the fact the singularity doesn't reset the mechs f1-f3 skills. Pls fix it

3 hours ago, kaese.8765 said:

Stability in fractals disspeared like aegis after getting knockbacked. Maybe some other classes remove this boon . Group composition was: Slb, 2x Harbinger, Firebrand, Healmech. Everytime me and my mates received incoming cc their stability dissappeared like aegis. something i mentioned about was the fact the singularity doesn't reset the mechs f1-f3 skills. Pls fix it

That's not a bug. 1 stack of stability is removed when you have incoming CC. That is how it works in competitive modes as well.

See https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stability

Stability is a boon that protects against control effects (full list above in description). Unlike stun break, stability does not remove effects already in place. However, many skills which grant stability also evoke the stun break effect. Stability stacks in intensity up to 25 times, and each incoming control effect removes a stack. In contrast, boon removal skills (boon strip/boon steal/boon corrupt) void all stacks of stability at once.

Edited by Infusion.7149

• 3 weeks later...

Idk how to describe this in a particularilly helpful way but Ill try
the mech ulti laser beam (whatever the name of it is) seems to aim the very tip of the beam on the targeted enemy. I feel like this is cause the beem to miss more than 70% of the targets in close range due to the bema shooting down into the ground.
If any1 else cna give their experience on this itd be good.

For clarification Ive only used mech in WvW

• 1 month later...
  1. F# skills are cancelling the previous used F# skill.
  2. Recall Mech:
    • The animation is taking too long time. Then...
    1. If used right before Barrier Signet, the signet active effect is happening around the already dismissed robot rather than the Mechanist.
    2. If used right before Superconducting Signet, the signet active effect is happening around the already dismissed robot rather than the Mechanist.
    3. If used right before Shift Signet, sometimes the Crash Down skill goes on full cooldown.
    4. If the the bot dyes, the player needs wait that too long animation before use Overclock Signet. If the player uses the signet while the animation is happening, the signet goes on full cooldown and the robot is not summoned.
    5. It's blocking the gameplay, making the experience just TERRIBLE.
  3. Crash Down:
    • The animation is taking too long time. Then...
    1. The robot just stays locked/stalled for 3 - 4 seconds and no F# skill nor auto attack can be used.
    2. It's blocking the gameplay, making the experience just TERRIBLE.
  4. Mech Frame: Variable Mass Distributor:
    • Is not granting to the robot the proposed precision/critical rate. Is notable the difference between this trait without Rage (boon) and this boon (Rage) alone without this trait.
Edited by JETWING.2759
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The trait descriptions that say something about burning damage (I didn't check other condition damage kinds) all seem to use the player condition damage level to do the calculations instead of the mech's conditions damage level. For example if you dont take trait "Mech Frame: Conductive Alloys" (your mech does not inherit 100% of your condition damage level and expertise level) the burning damage your mech does is significantly lower then what the trait descriptions say it would.

Affected skills/descriptions:

Rolling Smash , Sky circus , Jade Mortar , Mech Arms: Single-Edge Cutters , Rocket Punch

Edited by santenal.1054
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

F2 Crisis Zone is not displaying the correct durations.  Alac on Crisis Zone is 6s base, when in full healer gear and at 100% boon duration, the duration should be 12s, but it's showing 9-1/4s duration on the hover over tooltip.  I noticed on the mech's hover over stat sheet it's only showing 56% boon duration which matches up with the tooltip display on Alac (6s * 1.56 = 9.36s rounding to 9-1/4s for display).

So, I think the bug is in the Mech's (pet) hover over stat sheet, and that incorrect stat is being used on the tooltip display for the skill.  It DOES give the correct duration on the buffs, it's just the display that is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 12:01 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

If something is obviously not working as intended–if skills and traits don’t work as expected from the descriptions or if they don’t interact with core traits as expected–let us know here!

If you want to share feedback on how the mechanist plays, talk to us in the feedback thread!

Not necessarily Mechanist related, but can be.

Mainhand Pistol autos currently have an atrocious aftercast, making the tooltip's .5s cast time wrong. It's closer to a total of .9s.

This should be fixed. And, please, don't just change the tooltip, actually bring down the aftercast of the pistol autos so it's actually .5s per attack.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Something causes the Mech to disappear, and the only skill you'll have for it is Recall Mech. You either need to get out of combat, mount up, glide whatever, but if you're stuck in combat you need to use Overclock Signet. I'm not sure what's causing the mech to disappear, if it's Rifle 5, Shift Signet or gliding. It's just been really bad since last patch.