Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Untamed Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

On 12/10/2021 at 10:16 AM, Tazer.2157 said:

The game has a CC brawler. Its called warrior. The untamed will never come close to the CC offered by the warrior. I would suggest scrapping the whole idea of the untamed needing to fit this playstyle. 

Its not like you want that anyway? You dont need to be a cc brawler in PvE and in competitive modes your cc skills do no damage. So hammer and mace on warrior are pretty worthless. Rather focus on improving general stuff. Untamrd needs some solid damage in PvE to even remotely compete with soulbeast for example. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was hoping each pet or at least pet family at bare minimum would have different unleash skills. Instead it seems it's 3 of same skills on all pets:/ Major letdown.

Not only does normal ranger not have a keybind to stow your pet, the Untamed specialization completely disables your ability to stow your pet!!   Please add an option to be able to stow your

when i use Unlseash skill (F5) , only my hammer weapon skills are changed. Why ? e.g. longbow skills are unchanged. Am i forced to use hammer to take all advantages of this Specialziation? In othe

Got a crazy thought/idea.

Make Unleased Ranger Pet act similar to a scourge shade.

It would be unkillable or take heavily reduced damage.

Venomous Outburst becomes a range AoE to place the pet. Its already on a 10sec CD so its not broken.

You could then Unleash to move the pet as needed while it is on CD.

Could also add/rework a trait so that Rending Vines and Enveloping Haze cast at the Ranger location as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2021 at 4:16 AM, Tazer.2157 said:

I would suggest scrapping the whole idea of the untamed needing to fit this playstyle. 

But then what about the players who have been crying for the "bunny thumper"?  If Anet doesn't produce, then they will be accused (yet again!) of not listening to their players.  /s

Yeah, I'm against this new elite from the start.  To me, a ranger main, it doesn't really embody what a ranger should be.  /shrug

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

really hope the guy who thoguht about the untame and the guys who made it will never work in this class ever again ! its no where near the bunny thumper , also what a poor interpetion for the pets !! awful and disgusting. but hey hammer got 10 skils so in order not to look elite to the wepon they gave us that lame umbush what pathatic 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I will drop a resume of my ideas here too:

- Swapping the goo provides no significant change in how the untamed is played, making the elite to feel like a Core with extra clunky because of the manual pet skills. To solve that I suggest:

- When the goo swap takes place an percentage of the current HP is transferred from the unleashed one to the other. 
- This HP exchange has the property to revive the pet for that amount of HP if the pet has been defeated.
- The one with the goo (unleashed) applies an extra strike similar to how one wolf pack works but when disabling a foe. This one does not have an iCD so it works on every enemy disabled by skills with multiple targets. 

Dual hammer does not feel good. Dual aspects never really work on ranger, it is simply too much micromanagement counting with the pet. Druid's Glyphs is a perfect example of that and why players don't make real use of it.

- Remove Dual aspect from hammer. With the extra strike the unleashed hammer should play different enough from the normal one. 
- To make the flow to feel much more different between unleash/normal the skills could apply short dazes instead immobilize or such. Examples Savage Shock Wave could apply also daze in each range threshold.

Ambushes in general feel interesting as a burst skill unfortunately some don't follow the autoattack chain and interrupt the combat flow:

- All ambush skills should connect with the autoattacks seamlessly to avoid interrupting the combat.  
- All ambushes skills should not be interrupted by pressing the same skill (autoattack#1)
- Ambush window should be increased at least to 5s to allow skills cast during the swap to finish.
- Ambushes CD will show as ammo indicator so the player knows when it is available.

Pets needs many improvements:

- Pets lose access to normal Fx skills. This is a problem as the pet is left with only the AA. Unleashed pet skills should work as Ambushes, be available to be used once and then go to normal Fs once it is used.
- Same as for ambushes, to show the CD for those unleashes skills the pets skills will show an ammo indicator bar inside the Fs button. 
- Possibility to set any of the 3 Fs in autoattack so the pet perform them on CD. 
- Tooltips need to be fixed to show the correct values if they use the pet stats. 
- Unleased and Fs skills should be used only when the pet is in range of those skills.
- Unleashed skills do not work for ranged pets. To correct that the unleashed effect/AoE should be centered around the target when hit. 
- Rending Vines  and  Venomous Outburst need a bigger radius (240) centered around the target. 
- When the pet is not attacking a target it should stay at a maximum leash of 240 from the ranger. Even with the big radius for Enveloping Haze the ranger still has to chase the pet sometimes when it decides by itself to run around. This is also applicable to other pet skills like the healing screech from the moa family. 

Traits are mostly ok. Missing synergy with the pets makes them feel less impactful. To solve that:

- All traits work on the pets the same as on the untamed. Debilitating Blows and Enhancing Impact will apply those  boons on the pet as well when the pet disables a foe. 
- With the unnatural strike implementation traits which trigger when disabling a foe are changed to apply additionally the boon when the unnatural strike hits. So traits would apply one boon when disabling a foe and if the ranger/pet is unleashed it would apply an additional boon when the unnatural strike hits. 
- With the HP exchange feature the minor Natural Fortitude does not need to provide the additional 240 Hp . It could instead provide healing when disabling foes by the ranger or the pet (Healing the pet)
- Although plain modifiers are always welcome it makes the traitline to feel very bland and passive. With the HP exchange no damage mitigation is needed. So I suggest Ferocious Symbiosis to replace this minor. 
- the additional movement speed from Ferocious Symbiosis should stack with movement speed modifiers or provide a bigger bonus. Ideally the untamed in combat should be able to move very fast if it can keep the stacks up. 

Cantrips feel very bland. Buffing their effects will always be fine but it doesn't improve the mechanics. 

- To make them feel distinct to a Command or a Survival skill all cantrips apply a cooldown reduction when certain conditions are met. The same as Unnatural Transversal or Forest's Fortification works. 
- To balance the cd reduction mechanic, Cooldowns for the cantrips should be longer CD than if they would be a normal skill thus promoting the use of the CD reduction mechanic and to punish players who mindlessly spam those skills. Making cantrip to feel more like skills the untamed would want to use in big fights in opposition to core skills.
- Unnatural transversal should be the stun break. This skills fits better with the need to move, and because is a targeted skill the player is promoted to play in more aggressive flow. 
- Forest's Fortification should get the CD reduction by each incoming hit instead the outgoing strikes. This is so as it does not make sense to be able to utilize this clearly defensive skill as an offensive . Thus this skill would work in  similar fashion as Herald's Infuse Light, which works better in a defensive skill like this cantrip is. 

Untamed as team player:

It is necessary to define the role untamed is planned to fill. As bruiser/frontliner no more damage is needed, it is ok to have a temporary bonus while in combat (the new minor Ferocious symbiosis) but this would not bring enough team play. All classes can do damage, and do it better than untamed. 

To solve that additional unique effects are needed so the untamed becomes a team player and not a solo-roamer class.

There is a wasted opportunity with the Cantrip Exploding Spores. Aside the fact the same objects are being used for the Druid and they provide different effects and that could be an issue for color blind players, aside from that the skill is very inconsistent in PvE and performs poorly in WvW.
I suggest this skill to become the heal skill for the untamed and each spore to work in a similar fashion as the  Lesser Seed of Life which applies poison instead blind. This would become a group heal and a group cleanse but a weak heal for the untamed. Which is fine when aligned with the HP exchange taking place when swapping the goo. 
To balance the low healing the CD reduction condition could be to reduce the CD for each spore affecting the untamed. 

Cantrip Perilous Gift has to become an utility. It is another wasted opportunity to not being able to share the unique buff it provides with friendlies. 
So this cantrip would apply the unique buff to allies and instead healing it would apply barrier in exchange for a percentage of the current pet HP, as such the untamed decides to sacrifice the pet to apply barrier to allies. It could get a cooldown reduction for ally impacted by the skill. 

Trait Fervent Force: It is a very inconsistent trait. Because it reduces the CD by each enemy disabled it allows to practically reset the whole skill bar, while most of the times it will not be that useful because of the lack of targets. Strangely it benefits traited Longbow better than the hammer. 
As such this trait needs a very short ICD to work in similar way as the soulbeast stances do, so it is only triggered once by skill effect even in multi target skills. And to balance that the CD reduction is increased so the use is more consistent and easy to balance.
Additionally this trait should be able to share this reductions with friendlies around the untamed. Each time the untamed disable a foe a shockwave could apply this CD reduction to allies around the player in an small radius.  

GM trait free spot: Hammer needs a trait. 

As there is one free spot in the GM traitline due to moving Ferocious symbiosis to minor i suggest to create a trait for the hammer.
Aside the dual aspect with shared cooldowns issue which is very difficult to enjoy, hammer feels a very short weapon. It strangely feels to have an smaller reach than the greatsword or sword. Also this reach is very inconsistent having the 3rd chain of the autoattack to have longer reach than the normal autos.

This GM trait can be designed to improve the weapon:
- When using Wild swing, Overbearing smash, Savage shock wave and Thump a shockwave is created around the untamed which dazes enemies. This effect should have an ICD to avoid spamming CCs. Hammer does more damage/conditions last longer. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so this is extremely belated re: beta testing but a convo with my SO recently reminded me of a throwaway idea I'd had when we were speculating on what the ranger espec would do, and what with the focus on shadow-stepping I want to toss this back out here:

 

Swapping position with your pet. Like Mesmer clone swaps. I think that could be a lot more interesting than just having "shadowstep to target" on both.

 

(yes I realize this has nothing to do with any of the identified issues with the spec but I've given up on ranger pets getting nice things lol)

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Inventrix.3158 said:

Swapping position with your pet. Like Mesmer clone swaps. I think that could be a lot more interesting than just having "shadowstep to target" on both.

Actually is a cool and unique idea. I really like it. Just the swap positions would not work very well but blinking to your pet position would do nicely. 

That one could replace Unnatural Transversal, it would be cool mechanic as a gap closer. 

Unnatural transversal could use this instead the blink and remove the range limitation. The blink is on the pet in Venomous Outburst and then the untamed can use the cantrip to get to the pet position. 

This not only could be used as a gap closer, but also in cases the untamed needs to escape (sending the pet to attack a different target), if the untamed needs one of those short range support utilities from the pet (like the small radius Healing screech from Moas).

Also if the changes I propose to switch exploding spores for healing spores it could be used to get into the pet position to heal and cleanse the pet. 

Everything would fit together nicely while keeping the original intent of an offensive teleport. 

The blink on venomous outburst would be nice if it would allow to target allies as well as enemies, so the untamed can send the pet away from the fight into allies positions. Then the new unnatural tranversal would be perfect. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Only thing preventing me from complete deletion to this class is max levelled armoursmith and weaponsmith. 

PET AI AGAIN
Please for love of god get somebody who owns pets to redo the AI. The pet cannot be dispensible alright. Throw some managment in. For example pet blood low recall pet. If pet dies there is penalty. A griefing condition on owner, long cooldown on next pet use. Blockage on pet skills. Etc. Anything that attacks the owner pet should guard. This should be default pet stance. After a assigned pet attack it needs automatically return to owner, be at owner's side - Not be everywhere attacking everything. Number one thing about pet, pet defends its owner. Period. So in theory pet dies first before owner dies. Because pet is guarding the owner. Like a layer of protection.  

WHAT IS THIS CLASS GOOD AT
Still unclear what value it brings to group. Maybe making it best in removing group condis?

 

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2022 at 3:35 AM, anduriell.6280 said:

Actually is a cool and unique idea. I really like it. Just the swap positions would not work very well but blinking to your pet position would do nicely. 

That one could replace Unnatural Transversal, it would be cool mechanic as a gap closer. 

Unnatural transversal could use this instead the blink and remove the range limitation. The blink is on the pet in Venomous Outburst and then the untamed can use the cantrip to get to the pet position. 

This not only could be used as a gap closer, but also in cases the untamed needs to escape (sending the pet to attack a different target), if the untamed needs one of those short range support utilities from the pet (like the small radius Healing screech from Moas).

Also if the changes I propose to switch exploding spores for healing spores it could be used to get into the pet position to heal and cleanse the pet. 

Everything would fit together nicely while keeping the original intent of an offensive teleport. 

The blink on venomous outburst would be nice if it would allow to target allies as well as enemies, so the untamed can send the pet away from the fight into allies positions. Then the new unnatural tranversal would be perfect. 

Yeah!! I love that idea! I think it would fit the concept of the class even better, honestly, because it plays into the idea of you and your pet swapping offense/defense roles which the Primal Whatsits swap is built as.

I think it would be a really fun mechanic that gives a positive incentive to keeping track of where your pet is, keeps the shadowstep mobility concept, and additionally gives the ranger a much needed tool for pet-position management.

Edited by Inventrix.3158
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2021 at 10:26 AM, anduriell.6280 said:

I will drop a resume of my ideas here too:

- Swapping the goo provides no significant change in how the untamed is played, making the elite to feel like a Core with extra clunky because of the manual pet skills. To solve that I suggest:

- When the goo swap takes place an percentage of the current HP is transferred from the unleashed one to the other. 
- This HP exchange has the property to revive the pet for that amount of HP if the pet has been defeated.
- The one with the goo (unleashed) applies an extra strike similar to how one wolf pack works but when disabling a foe. This one does not have an iCD so it works on every enemy disabled by skills with multiple targets. 

Dual hammer does not feel good. Dual aspects never really work on ranger, it is simply too much micromanagement counting with the pet. Druid's Glyphs is a perfect example of that and why players don't make real use of it.

- Remove Dual aspect from hammer. With the extra strike the unleashed hammer should play different enough from the normal one. 
- To make the flow to feel much more different between unleash/normal the skills could apply short dazes instead immobilize or such. Examples Savage Shock Wave could apply also daze in each range threshold.

Ambushes in general feel interesting as a burst skill unfortunately some don't follow the autoattack chain and interrupt the combat flow:

- All ambush skills should connect with the autoattacks seamlessly to avoid interrupting the combat.  
- All ambushes skills should not be interrupted by pressing the same skill (autoattack#1)
- Ambush window should be increased at least to 5s to allow skills cast during the swap to finish.
- Ambushes CD will show as ammo indicator so the player knows when it is available.

Pets needs many improvements:

- Pets lose access to normal Fx skills. This is a problem as the pet is left with only the AA. Unleashed pet skills should work as Ambushes, be available to be used once and then go to normal Fs once it is used.
- Same as for ambushes, to show the CD for those unleashes skills the pets skills will show an ammo indicator bar inside the Fs button. 
- Possibility to set any of the 3 Fs in autoattack so the pet perform them on CD. 
- Tooltips need to be fixed to show the correct values if they use the pet stats. 
- Unleased and Fs skills should be used only when the pet is in range of those skills.
- Unleashed skills do not work for ranged pets. To correct that the unleashed effect/AoE should be centered around the target when hit. 
- Rending Vines  and  Venomous Outburst need a bigger radius (240) centered around the target. 
- When the pet is not attacking a target it should stay at a maximum leash of 240 from the ranger. Even with the big radius for Enveloping Haze the ranger still has to chase the pet sometimes when it decides by itself to run around. This is also applicable to other pet skills like the healing screech from the moa family. 

Traits are mostly ok. Missing synergy with the pets makes them feel less impactful. To solve that:

- All traits work on the pets the same as on the untamed. Debilitating Blows and Enhancing Impact will apply those  boons on the pet as well when the pet disables a foe. 
- With the unnatural strike implementation traits which trigger when disabling a foe are changed to apply additionally the boon when the unnatural strike hits. So traits would apply one boon when disabling a foe and if the ranger/pet is unleashed it would apply an additional boon when the unnatural strike hits. 
- With the HP exchange feature the minor Natural Fortitude does not need to provide the additional 240 Hp . It could instead provide healing when disabling foes by the ranger or the pet (Healing the pet)
- Although plain modifiers are always welcome it makes the traitline to feel very bland and passive. With the HP exchange no damage mitigation is needed. So I suggest Ferocious Symbiosis to replace this minor. 
- the additional movement speed from Ferocious Symbiosis should stack with movement speed modifiers or provide a bigger bonus. Ideally the untamed in combat should be able to move very fast if it can keep the stacks up. 

Cantrips feel very bland. Buffing their effects will always be fine but it doesn't improve the mechanics. 

- To make them feel distinct to a Command or a Survival skill all cantrips apply a cooldown reduction when certain conditions are met. The same as Unnatural Transversal or Forest's Fortification works. 
- To balance the cd reduction mechanic, Cooldowns for the cantrips should be longer CD than if they would be a normal skill thus promoting the use of the CD reduction mechanic and to punish players who mindlessly spam those skills. Making cantrip to feel more like skills the untamed would want to use in big fights in opposition to core skills.
- Unnatural transversal should be the stun break. This skills fits better with the need to move, and because is a targeted skill the player is promoted to play in more aggressive flow. 
- Forest's Fortification should get the CD reduction by each incoming hit instead the outgoing strikes. This is so as it does not make sense to be able to utilize this clearly defensive skill as an offensive . Thus this skill would work in  similar fashion as Herald's Infuse Light, which works better in a defensive skill like this cantrip is. 

Untamed as team player:

It is necessary to define the role untamed is planned to fill. As bruiser/frontliner no more damage is needed, it is ok to have a temporary bonus while in combat (the new minor Ferocious symbiosis) but this would not bring enough team play. All classes can do damage, and do it better than untamed. 

To solve that additional unique effects are needed so the untamed becomes a team player and not a solo-roamer class.

There is a wasted opportunity with the Cantrip Exploding Spores. Aside the fact the same objects are being used for the Druid and they provide different effects and that could be an issue for color blind players, aside from that the skill is very inconsistent in PvE and performs poorly in WvW.
I suggest this skill to become the heal skill for the untamed and each spore to work in a similar fashion as the  Lesser Seed of Life which applies poison instead blind. This would become a group heal and a group cleanse but a weak heal for the untamed. Which is fine when aligned with the HP exchange taking place when swapping the goo. 
To balance the low healing the CD reduction condition could be to reduce the CD for each spore affecting the untamed. 

Cantrip Perilous Gift has to become an utility. It is another wasted opportunity to not being able to share the unique buff it provides with friendlies. 
So this cantrip would apply the unique buff to allies and instead healing it would apply barrier in exchange for a percentage of the current pet HP, as such the untamed decides to sacrifice the pet to apply barrier to allies. It could get a cooldown reduction for ally impacted by the skill. 

Trait Fervent Force: It is a very inconsistent trait. Because it reduces the CD by each enemy disabled it allows to practically reset the whole skill bar, while most of the times it will not be that useful because of the lack of targets. Strangely it benefits traited Longbow better than the hammer. 
As such this trait needs a very short ICD to work in similar way as the soulbeast stances do, so it is only triggered once by skill effect even in multi target skills. And to balance that the CD reduction is increased so the use is more consistent and easy to balance.
Additionally this trait should be able to share this reductions with friendlies around the untamed. Each time the untamed disable a foe a shockwave could apply this CD reduction to allies around the player in an small radius.  

GM trait free spot: Hammer needs a trait. 

As there is one free spot in the GM traitline due to moving Ferocious symbiosis to minor i suggest to create a trait for the hammer.
Aside the dual aspect with shared cooldowns issue which is very difficult to enjoy, hammer feels a very short weapon. It strangely feels to have an smaller reach than the greatsword or sword. Also this reach is very inconsistent having the 3rd chain of the autoattack to have longer reach than the normal autos.

This GM trait can be designed to improve the weapon:
- When using Wild swing, Overbearing smash, Savage shock wave and Thump a shockwave is created around the untamed which dazes enemies. This effect should have an ICD to avoid spamming CCs. Hammer does more damage/conditions last longer. 

I will always and forever think of the untamed visual effect as the "goo swap" now.  What an excellent descriptive phrase!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Few changes id like to see:

1. Add cd reduction to natures shield for cantrips

2. Wow of the untamed merged to be basic function of switching mechanic, or just removed completly.

3. Restorative strikes should go to grandmaster minor slot and pet should heal from its strike damange too

4. Remove hammers flip skills from unleashing ranger and just make 2-5 actually worth using. Normal unleashed 1s still remain

5. MOST IMPORTANT ADD A TOGGLE FOR PETS TO AUTO CAST ABILITIES. Also add for mechanist.

Edited by NIHILUS.4168
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

 

I was checking the hammer skills and i though some small change could also benefit the flavor and role by empowering the pet. 

More hammer skills get a pet synergy present in Crippling_Shot . The skill does an effect but then the next pet attack does other. As such to empower the feeling of the "combo attacks" .  

Small changes in one skill:

Overbearing_Smash : This skill does Daze and if hits does another 1s of daze. That short duration daze won't feel just enough.  In PvP modes this skill should/will do 0 damage.  Even if the suggested "unnatural strikes" are implemented the skill will still feel very underwhelming with very little pay off.  
Opening the can of worms that can be allowing the second hit to deal damage aside from the daze will naturally make the rest of the player base to complain on why this special treatment. 
I suggest: 

Quickly strike the ground, dazing nearby enemies. If this strikes an enemy, follow up with a leaping strike that stuns enemies. Effects are similar just exchange the second daze for stun. Ideally the leaping strike should have a range up to 300 or so, thus the leap can actually be seen and experienced.  

Pet Synergy:

Ideally Savage Shock Wave, Overbearing Smash and Thump  should apply a n effect of the next few pet strikes. Thus increasing the "combo" feel the class has with the pet. 
I don't think anything fancy is needed, i would provide the pet with Torment for the next few strikes. Torment makes sense as this is elite focused in CC. Also torment in PvP modes is a "counterable"  condition (by moving). 
Ideally this torment stacks would be using the Pet stats instead the ranger. As such the ranger enters in a new dichotomy: 
The hybrid build comes from using a pet focus in conditions while the untamed focus on power stats. 

 

Aside from all of that i would think this elite would provide the untamed with more consistent access to Torment, as such to emphasize the CC side of the skills and effects. This torment applications could come from the pets skills and effects, as such unleash pet skills: 

Blinding_Outburst Venomous Outburst applies Torment and  blindness in addition to its other effects. Unleashed Ambush skills deal more damage.

 

 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

The more I try to create something with Catalyst....Willbender.....Bladesworn.....the more I am grateful for Untamed, it may not be the top star, people were looking for but at least I am willingly to spend a 40 something to get the expansion...

Untamed is literally the only reason I am buying EoD...all my other mains got absolutely nothing for a 3rd elite, what they have now is complete garbage

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

The more I try to create something with Catalyst....Willbender.....Bladesworn.....the more I am grateful for Untamed, it may not be the top star, people were looking for but at least I am willingly to spend a 40 something to get the expansion...

Untamed is literally the only reason I am buying EoD...all my other mains got absolutely nothing for a 3rd elite, what they have now is complete garbage

Idont get people like you.. untame is garbge and ofc becuse its not your main you want it to stay this way.. spoiler alert it will

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BadSanta.6527 said:

Idont get people like you.. untame is garbge and ofc becuse its not your main you want it to stay this way.. spoiler alert it will

I have thought the message was clear enough...I have literally said that I buy EoD because of Untamed, that would imply ranger is my main ( even though this talk of mains is stupid, the game should be balanced for all professions not just the one you like playing..anyway). 

I have stated that most people don't like untamed and that's not up to me really even though I have recognised that the elite is not ranger wet dream but again it could be much worst...untamed could have been at the same level of : willbender-catalyst and bladesworn in the sense, Anet should pay you to play them.

Again I want to repeat myself...Untamed is not ideal but compared to the 3 EoD elites I have mentioned...it's still worth an expansion price, that's all I have said.....it adds something relatively useful to core ranger and the traitline is decent, by comparison Catalyst and Willbender are joke and worst versions of core ele/guardian while Bladesworn is just a plain worst core war

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2022 at 1:30 PM, Arheundel.6451 said:

it adds something relatively useful to core ranger and the traitline is decent,

It actually adds nothing new to the ranger: the Fs are already available on Soulbeast and are much more reliable. Untamed brings nothing more. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2022 at 3:26 AM, BadSanta.6527 said:

Idont get people like you.. untame is garbge and ofc becuse its not your main you want it to stay this way.. spoiler alert it will

To be fair the only reason I accepted the gift that was this expansion was for untamed, Rev's spec looks stupid. Warriors looks stupid. Necro's is bleh so out of all my characters that I actually enjoy playing the ranger is the only one getting something I could call "Serviceable" But then I don't plan on playing through the story or anything because after Icebrood I couldn't care less.

Im just in it to finally tame my fungi wallow and bunny thump, even if it isn't the beastmaster brawler I wanted... Its still thematically better than soulbeast and its not a healer like druid.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2022 at 8:04 PM, Thornwolf.9721 said:

Im just in it to finally tame my fungi wallow and bunny thump, even if it isn't the beastmaster brawler I wanted... Its still thematically better than soulbeast and its not a healer like druid.

Untamed is Core with extra manual steps. Thematically adds nothing to core. Lore wise is based in some dude traps somewhere for which I am not even very sure who is that. I don't even get what has to do the "toxic theme" with anything the untamed does or even the class itself. 

Soulbeast and Druid are more interesting mechanically and lore wise, it just wasn't developed or explained much at all in the game. Even the animations are so much better in those 2. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had a think about the untamed and come up with what I think untamed traits should look like. Basically untamed traits be focused on the following, improving disabling type gameplay, improving the interaction with unleashing and bettering unleashed pet skills for pet play.

This of course assumes unleash hammer and ambush skills bugger off.

Minor adept

Untamed unleashed

Gain access to Cantrips and Unleash. While your pet is unleashed, itskills are replaced with larger area-of effect skills. While unleashed you or yourpet gainsincreased stats. Lose pet swap while your pet is unleashed.

Major adept 1

Debilitating blows- 1 second internal cooldown per target struck

Disabling a foe applies conditions to that foe based on your current state. Converts 1 boon on target stuck into a condition. Also applies topet disabling abilities.

 

Major adept 2

Can’t trip cantrips

Entering and exiting unleashed state reduces the cooldown of cantrip skills. Cantrips grant barrier to you and your pet. 2 second reduction per unleashed state swap.

 

Major adept 3

Blinding outburst

Venomous outbursts deals more damage and applies blind in addition to its other effects. Your pets next attack inflict blind for 5 seconds.

 

Minor master

Ebb and flow

You and your pet gains barrier and healing depending on the state you and your pet are entering or leaving.When entering unleashed state, gain xx barrier, when leaving unleashed state, heal xx HP.

 

Major master 1

Enhancing impact- 1 second internal cooldown per target stuck

Disabling a foe grants you boons based on your current state. Steals 1 boon per target struck. Also applies to pet disabling abilities.

 

Major master 2

Nature’s own- 10 second cooldown

Entering or exiting unleashed state removes conditions on you and your pet. Removing conditions via unleashed state swap heals you and your pet. Removes 2 conditions and heals xx HP.

 

Major master 3

Corrupting vines

Rending vines inflicts bleeding and corrupts boons into conditions instead of removing them.4 second bleeds. Amount of bleeding inflicted per target is determined by the number of targets struck by rending vines. Range increases to 300.

 

Minor grandmaster

Unleashed symbiosis

You and your pet gain increased damage and movement speed when unleashing.

3% damage, 1% condition damage, 5% movement speed per stack, max stack 5. Stacks last 10 seconds and refreshes upon unleashing.

 

Major grandmaster 1

Fervent force- 1/4 internal cooldown per target struck

Disabling a foe deals damage and reduces the cool-downs of all your equipped weapon skills. Also applies to pet disabling abilities.

 

Major grandmaster 2

Primal powers

Entering or exiting unleashed state inflicts damage and conditions on nearby foes around you and your pet. 240 range damage around you and your pet. Inflict xx damage and 1 burn for 2 seconds at both locations.

 

Major grandmaster 3

Extremely unleashed

Pets gain improved protection, resolution and resistance while their attacks become unblockable after using unleashed pet skills. Protection 3 seconds, +20% effectiveness, resolution 3 seconds, +20% effectiveness, resistance 3 seconds. Unblockable 3.

 

Perhapsa bit/a lot of powercreep, but we are still hamstrung by pets so it’s ok… lol

Edited by Abyssisis.3971
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

I only bolded the name of the traits, no other colours…

edit 1 dark theme is the issue….

edit 2 fixed it.

Yes if you write the essay anywhere else and then copy/paste in the forums probably you are bringing the format from that editor. Usually that messes up the dark theme.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...