Untamed Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

14 hours ago, AEFA.9035 said:

Restorative Strike - mid line trait are the defensive section of Untamed but passive design like this need to go specially for a GM trait A percentage of the strike damage you deal heals you.

a.)heal when you or your pet unleashed. 

b.)gain protection or barrier when you or your pet unleashed.  

You made it even more passive. Restorative Strikes promotes attacking and being aggressive, you just made it into a "press button, gain even more effects".

Maybe pressing buttons makes it less passive in pve, but against other players a trait like this pushes you to play a certain way to get value out of it.

Edited by Lazze.9870

Fact is, they could have done some easy number changes like giving condition damage on Vow of the Untamed and Ferocious Symbiosis and it would have made hybrid Untamed just barely bearable, but they didn't. As a band aid fix / throwing a bone, until June balance patch. 

TBH, I really hate the Fervent Force gameplay with Unleashed/Leashed mode. Been playing Untamed a lot in open world bosses, while doing respectable top 3 dmg (Because also people in open world do bad DPS). The back and forth Unleashed Hammer 2-4 then Leashed 3-5, non stop, is just button smashing and forces you to look your skill bar instead to concentrate on the fight. 

Edited by Krispera.5087
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Lottie.5370 said:

Except for every weapon has an ambush mechanic and you suggested removing the ambush mechanic, and only providing a "benefit" to hammer.

I still dont understand the issue. If the mechanic is gone then what would be the problem with the other weapons? All it would do is make it so you spin infinitely with the hammer as a auto attack. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

I still dont understand the issue. If the mechanic is gone then what would be the problem with the other weapons? All it would do is make it so you spin infinitely with the hammer as a auto attack. 

Because people then need to use the hammer instead of other weapons.  Less diversity in builds, new Espec requires use of the hammer to be beneficial.  

Personally I really like the unleash ambush mechanic, especially the axe AOE.

That said, I do think hammer needs some love / rework / tweaking.  My suggestion would be not having all of the weapon skills change on hammer - instead adjust the numbers a bit for damage - and on ALL weapons, if Ranger is unleashed - each weapon skill would have a small buff to the pet.  IE "your pets next attack applies bleed" or something similar to that, 1-5 would each have a different effect with an innate cooldown on the buff.  IF the pet is unleashed, each weapon skill 1-5 would provide a soft CC, again with an innate cooldown, and Hammer could have hard CC, since it is the signature weapon of the class.

This would make the hammer better, support the stance dancing mechanic with unleashing, fits with the bunny thumper theme they are going for, make other weapons fill the roll to some degree too.  They should also make the "Vow of the untamed" trait that increases dmg output increase condition duration also even if it means lowering the strike dmg bonus.

I am not a game designer and I am hardly the authority on rangers, but it is my favorite class and I think changes like the ones I listed above would further support the original vision of the class, while also providing more versatility in builds and playstyles off the e spec - granted some number balancing and cooldowns etc would need to be adjusted - but the core mechanic would work I think.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

You're just straight up asking to nerf the other weapons, that's the issue?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mikexg.7329 said:

Because people then need to use the hammer instead of other weapons.  Less diversity in builds, new Espec requires use of the hammer to be beneficial.  

Personally I really like the unleash ambush mechanic, especially the axe AOE.

That said, I do think hammer needs some love / rework / tweaking.  My suggestion would be not having all of the weapon skills change on hammer - instead adjust the numbers a bit for damage - and on ALL weapons, if Ranger is unleashed - each weapon skill would have a small buff to the pet.  IE "your pets next attack applies bleed" or something similar to that, 1-5 would each have a different effect with an innate cooldown on the buff.  IF the pet is unleashed, each weapon skill 1-5 would provide a soft CC, again with an innate cooldown, and Hammer could have hard CC, since it is the signature weapon of the class.

This would make the hammer better, support the stance dancing mechanic with unleashing, fits with the bunny thumper theme they are going for, make other weapons fill the roll to some degree too.  They should also make the "Vow of the untamed" trait that increases dmg output increase condition duration also even if it means lowering the strike dmg bonus.

I am not a game designer and I am hardly the authority on rangers, but it is my favorite class and I think changes like the ones I listed above would further support the original vision of the class, while also providing more versatility in builds and playstyles off the e spec - granted some number balancing and cooldowns etc would need to be adjusted - but the core mechanic would work I think.

How is spinning infinitely as a auto attacking taking away from the other weapons though is my question. What would make that the preferred weapon of choice? Wouldnt making a espec profession mechanic centered around 1 weapon be the bigger issue that needs to be fixed? And no reason they cant incorporate the ambush abilities into the original kit themselves.

I honestly dislike it just due to needing to remember when itl activate again if your swapping unleash from yourself to your pet. Its a inconsistent mechanic that could be better used at just making your pet "unleashed and untamed". Spec would have been amazing if you were support based while your pet was the power house, you just open the door to their potential with your attacks.

But I do like the suggestion of your attacks buffing your pet. I honestly feel like that should be the focus of the class, buffing pets abilities. Not to much of a fan about buffing ourselves cause thats just soulbeast.

6 hours ago, Lottie.5370 said:

You're just straight up asking to nerf the other weapons, that's the issue?

What exactly would be nerfed? Why cant they incorporate the ambush skills into the kit of the original weapons similar to the proposed hammer change.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

How is spinning infinitely as a auto attacking taking away from the other weapons though is my question. What would make that the preferred weapon of choice? Wouldnt making a espec profession mechanic centered around 1 weapon be the bigger issue that needs to be fixed? And no reason they cant incorporate the ambush abilities into the original kit themselves.

I honestly dislike it just due to needing to remember when itl activate again if your swapping unleash from yourself to your pet. Its a inconsistent mechanic that could be better used at just making your pet "unleashed and untamed". Spec would have been amazing if you were support based while your pet was the power house, you just open the door to their potential with your attacks.

But I do like the suggestion of your attacks buffing your pet. I honestly feel like that should be the focus of the class, buffing pets abilities. Not to much of a fan about buffing ourselves cause thats just soulbeast.

What exactly would be nerfed? Why cant they incorporate the ambush skills into the kit of the original weapons similar to the proposed hammer change.

You didn't say "make the ambush skill the default auto attack for each weapon", you said "make the hammer ambush the hammer auto attack".

Either way, I think it's stupid. There's no reason to remove the ambush mechanic, you gain a buff on your bar when you have it up (it's also the same cooldown as weapon swap). Sounds like you want it removed because you are bad at it, not because it is bad.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

You didn't say "make the ambush skill the default auto attack for each weapon", you said "make the hammer ambush the hammer auto attack".

Either way, I think it's stupid. There's no reason to remove the ambush mechanic, you gain a buff on your bar when you have it up (it's also the same cooldown as weapon swap). Sounds like you want it removed because you are bad at it, not because it is bad.

Because making it a default attack for each weapon would be a bad idea. Maybe asking for clarification instead of assuming, like a "What about the other weapons ambush skills?" 

The mechanic itself is dumb in my opinion because you can put it on cooldown when swapping through it when out of combat. Rather just have something more on demand if that's the case where if you unleash your pet you just gain it as the new auto attack but take out the leaps on sword. Make it more of a feral mode.

Want it removed/changed cause it's a bad and awkward mechanic. It's a weird version of stealth attacks but with limited usage as it swaps back to a normal attack when not used. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Because making it a default attack for each weapon would be a bad idea. Maybe asking for clarification instead of assuming, like a "What about the other weapons ambush skills?" 

The mechanic itself is dumb in my opinion because you can put it on cooldown when swapping through it when out of combat. Rather just have something more on demand if that's the case where if you unleash your pet you just gain it as the new auto attack but take out the leaps on sword. Make it more of a feral mode.

Want it removed/changed cause it's a bad and awkward mechanic. It's a weird version of stealth attacks but with limited usage as it swaps back to a normal attack when not used. 

I think a few things were mis communicated in your earlier posts, which is why others responded assuming your suggestion nerfed other aspects of the class and other weapons.  

that said - the unleash ambush mechanic is super easy to use, can be specced for, or somewhat ignored with untamed builds.  Untamed def needs some work one way or another, but unleash ambush is only a small facet of the spec and maybe the only solid/good facet of the spec at the moment.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikexg.7329 said:

I think a few things were mis communicated in your earlier posts, which is why others responded assuming your suggestion nerfed other aspects of the class and other weapons.  

that said - the unleash ambush mechanic is super easy to use, can be specced for, or somewhat ignored with untamed builds.  Untamed def needs some work one way or another, but unleash ambush is only a small facet of the spec and maybe the only solid/good facet of the spec at the moment.  

Yeah that's understandable, I didnt really go fully in depth with an explanation at all, just stuff that urked me about the spec when first trying it out for a few hours.

I get that its easy to use but the way it flows in combat is just very strange to me personally. Still think something more on demand would be a better idea without it really taking away much. 

13 hours ago, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Yeah that's understandable, I didnt really go fully in depth with an explanation at all, just stuff that urked me about the spec when first trying it out for a few hours.

I get that its easy to use but the way it flows in combat is just very strange to me personally. Still think something more on demand would be a better idea without it really taking away much. 

An on demand option could be cool - But I think when specced for the Ambush mechanic, it can be very strong - so having to coordinate when it is used should require some management of the mechanic.  With some balancing / adjustment I could see the ambush mechanic working whenever you swap unleashed instead of just when the ranger unleashes, meaning whenever you press the button and the cooldown for ambush it met, your next attack is an ambush instead of just when the ranger unleashes, this could even be lumped into one of the selected traits?  Buuuut I still firmly believe for untamed to be "fixed" or improved, the ambush mechanic isn't the place to start.  I agree with your original thoughts that Hammer needs some changes.

Personally - I would like to see untamed traits that focus on strike dmg and power builds be useful for condi builds too.  Would open the door a bit, could build a super tanky build with trailblazer gear for example.  You focus on bleeding and debuffing the mob with conditions while your pet does the strike dmg for example.  I would like to see the hammer used as a hybrid weapon with a focus on CC, I would also like to not have all of the skills change with the unleash mechanic, just stick with the ambush mechanic and make 1-5 skills better.  An easy way to do this would be having them apply dmging conditions when ranger is unleashed and CC conditions when the pet is unleashed, with some strike damage on both.

• Like 3

On 5/3/2022 at 1:44 PM, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Yeah? It's a hammer change suggestion.

But your stripping the specc of any synergy with other weapons it has. 

The ambush attacks are incredibly strong in competitive modes, so why you would advocate for the entire mechanic removed I don't understand. 

• Like 1

I've been playing Untamed for one single reason and it's the trait that reduces CDs when I CC. This is pretty fun to be honest, and it makes me quite tanky.

As for my damage I swing between 'this is good' to 'been hitting this mob for 15 seconds and it's not dead yet??'. I feel I need to use my whole arsenal instead of just click two buttons to kill a regular mob.

That said I still enjoy it for the fun value.

What I play as:

- Full Celestial, Traveler Runes, 10% duration conditions + Might on crit sigils.

- Camp Hammer (for CC), camp pet being unleashed (otherwise hammer loses its CC).

- Quickening Zephyr, Flame Trap, Spike Trap. Troll Unguent.

I usually start the fight with Zephyr and both traps, then Hammer 4, Hammer 3, use all three pet's unleashed skills, Hammer 5, small gap where I put down the Fire Trap if it's back up, Hammer 4, Hammer 3. If enough of a gap I switch to player Unleashed, use ambush, use pet's skill (usually Iboga). By then I can start over.

Things to be careful about is giving time for Hammer 4 and 3 to run their animation since they can be interrupted by pressing another button.

I tried the Spores and did not like them so Spike Trap took its place as extra damage and another source of CC. Its CD aligns with Zephyr so I use them together but Fire Trap is up every 12 seconds so I keep on dropping it because the low CD combines really well with the constant CD shaving from Fervent Force.

The truth is if I only use the Hammer then it takes too long to kill even a normal mob (15-20 seconds) but Hammer is more my CC generator, which also turbo charges the build because of Fervent Force. I sit tanking stuff often surrounded by downed players thanks to spamming Troll Unguent almost before the effect ends (bit hyperbolic but not by much). As someone who used to have trouble with soloing Champions it's been really nice to easily take them down.

Most of the time I don't even have time to use my Unleash to use my ambush because my CDs are constantly back up.

That said I doubt I am doing great damage compared to fractal builds but this is open world only.

Edited by Kanto.1659

I'm probably one of the few people who actually love the Untamed.

Currently playing a CC heavy build with Berserker armor and Dragon stats on trinkets and weapons. It feels for me a bit like combining the vanilla idea of a Guild Wars 2 Elementalist, which swaps through the elements depending on what's going on, and the Guild Wars 1 bunny thumber ranger. The bunny thumber was more or less a PvP build back in the days. But I enjoyed playing him with all kinds of weapons. In Guild Wars 2 it's probably the same: Other classes/specializations perform a lot better on supporting the party and dealing damage, which reminds me when the Scrapper came out. Little purpose in PvE, but huge in PvP. I still loved to play the Scrapper, because he felt completely different from your usual Engineer. Same goes with the Untamed. Feels completely different – and that's what I like about him.

I wish the Untamed had a little more access to Quickness, because back in the days the bunny thumber had like 24/7 increased attack speed. Unfortunatley, my Untamed build completely used its value in water combat, due to lack of CC pets. Fighting enemies which don't have a breakbar bothers me too (Minister Li for example). Damage on land  seems fine to me, even though other profession can perform much, much better. But I don't care. There will always be your superior professions.

Edit: I'm still not sure why Metabattle has Sword/Axe for open world recommended. Playing Greatsword for mobility, CC, block and good damage.

Edited by Maria Murtor.7253

i have not played Untamed yet.... but it feels like it only works because it abuses the single thing that also made Core work... but this time... with a teleport!!

Untamed is carried by Teleport-Tailswipe+Maul! Change my mind. It just took the single thing that allowed Core ranger to work and that everyone thought needed a nerf... and added a teleport to it... YES ANET! more Teleports and Tailswipe abuse!❤️

THAT is exactly what ranger and the entire universe of gw2 needed! GREAT ADDITION TO THE GAME.

In all honesty i dont wanna be so negative, as the concept of Untamed looks very nice. But sadly it has condensed to "visualclutter greenbubblethingy" and "TeleportTailswipes", which in my opinion is not a great addition, its just... "what killed me? OHHH 7.5k Maul and 6k Tailswipe out of stealth.... Yeah guess im dead..." I dont even think its overpowered or anything. I just think that it took the single worst thing from core ranger and elevated it to a diffrent level of frustration..

i mean... TELEPORTINGTAILSWIPE ABUSE..... can we please wake up? This is nonsense xD Untamed needs to be viable, but this is not what should make it viable i think.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i have not played Untamed yet.... but it feels like it only works because it abuses the single thing that also made Core work... but this time... with a teleport!!

Untamed is carried by Teleport-Tailswipe+Maul! Change my mind. It just took the single thing that allowed Core ranger to work and that everyone thought needed a nerf... and added a teleport to it... YES ANET! more Teleports and Tailswipe abuse!❤️

THAT is exactly what ranger and the entire universe of gw2 needed! GREAT ADDITION TO THE GAME.

In all honesty i dont wanna be so negative, as the concept of Untamed looks very nice. But sadly it has condensed to "visualclutter greenbubblethingy" and "TeleportTailswipes", which in my opinion is not a great addition, its just... "what killed me? OHHH 7.5k Maul and 6k Tailswipe out of stealth.... Yeah guess im dead..." I dont even think its overpowered or anything. I just think that it took the single worst thing from core ranger and elevated it to a diffrent level of frustration..

i mean... TELEPORTINGTAILSWIPE ABUSE..... can we please wake up? This is nonsense xD Untamed needs to be viable, but this is not what should make it viable i think.

Dear Anet,

Thanks for nerfing this!

• Sad 2

First of all, I really enjoy Untamed. The concept of shifting power between the player and the pet feels very fluid once you get used to it, and is a lot of fun in practice. However, I feel the class has a number of problems both conceptually and mechanically that are holding it back.

1. It has no clear identity. Is it a brawler? A pet themed spec? What does the embodiment of the Echovald Wilds mean? What do we do?

2. It has no group support that can't be done better by Druid or Soulbeast.

3. Hammer has the only full set of unleashed abilities, making this weapon absolutely core to the spec. As hammer is a CC-focused power weapon, this restricts the number of builds the untamed can spec into, since hammer is so vital.

4. Now that pets are front and centre again, we're seeing the problems with the pet mechanic, a system that has aged poorly as player power levels have increased.

I think a number of these issues can be resolved simply by giving all weapons Unleashed attacks on all their skills, just like Hammer does. This will not only make the spec feel more complete, but provides an opportunity to add power to various builds. You can improve DPS by adding damage to unleashed sword, greatsword, and offhand axe, and create more powerful condition options by adding unleashed skills to axe, shortbow, and dagger. Hammer could stay virtually unchanged here, as its current damage levels feel appropriate for a more CC focused weapon. In terms of group support, this can be addressed by adding unleashes to Warhorn - perhaps adding some Alacrity to Call of the Wild? The key advantage here is this allows you to tweak the numbers on every weapon skill Untamed has access to, without affecting Druid or Soulbeast. This helps ensure that weapon tweaks made to buff Untamed don't send Soulbeast over the edge.

Secondly, the pet mechanic. While I feel DPS on pets should be looked at overall, the fact that we have to spec into Nature Magic, a support based traitline in order to share boons with our pets is crippling. I propose moving Fortifying Bond from nature magic to beastmastery. This won't entirely fix pets, but it will improve their DPS by a good chunk (which makes sense in Beastmastery, a traitline focused on pet DPS), and hopefully provide more realistic numbers for their potential damage output, allowing for more suitable tweaking in the future.

Another issue is the lack of a trait that effects Hammer. While fervent force addresses cooldowns, its nonspecific to hammer, and not having a trait for this feels very strange. Logically it would make sense to put this trait in the Untamed trait line (I suggest adding this to Enhancing Impact, a trait that encourages interrupts, something hammer already does well). Alternatively, expanding Two Handed Training in the Beasmastery traitline to affect Hammer would make Beastmastery a very satisfying traitline for power builds; Trapper's Expertise for frost trap, Two Handed training for Hammer, and Honed Axes for Sword/Axe would feel really great; every trait would be impactful. If this trait ends up in the Untamed traitline, I would recommend renaming Two Handed Training to "Greatsword Training" instead to avoid confusion.

In terms of skills, the cantrips overall feel really good, and I really like how they have meaningful counterplay in PvP, but also require forethought and positioning to use properly in PvE. Some minor gripes;

Perilous Gift: Super fun, but I miss the pet interaction this skill had in the beta. I feel like having it give you a fraction of your pet's health (but not draining it) would helped give the class some identity as a Ranger and their pet working together. If people fullhealing from bears are a problem, perhaps reduce the number it heals by.

Forest's Fortification: I love the way this skill works. Superspeed feels awesome, and seeing that cooldown drop rapidly in combat with multiple enemies feels brilliant. The problem is that everything this trait offers is defensive in nature, which would be fine, except untamed has no offensive elite skill right now. 

Strength of the Pack is a marginal DPS boost for the pet for a short period of time, and is a woefully inadequate solution to the pet boon issue. Given the similarities between Forest's Fortification and SotP, I think it'd be super cool to update Strength of the Pack, and give it a refresh mechanic similar to Forest's Fortification. In order to bring pet DPS up, perhaps give pets a 25% damage boost while SotP is active - this would give Ranger a solid offensive choice for an elite skill, and depth to the way the skill is used, and help to boost pet DPS all at the same time. Since this is a core Ranger change, it also means future elite specs can be given defensive or utility elites without leaving the class starved for DPS options.

Untamed, mechanically, is not good. But it does feel good to play. What it needs is more - more direct damage, more condition damage, more support, and a pet worth shifting some power to mid-fight rather than just to activate unleashed ambushes. I can see it becoming one of Ranger's most iconic specs, but in order to do that work needs to be done on not just the Untamed traitline, but also some of the mechanics of core Ranger that it relies upon.

Edited by Maximum Potato.5923
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Maximum Potato.5923 said:

First of all, I really enjoy Untamed. The concept of shifting power between the player and the pet feels very fluid once you get used to it, and is a lot of fun in practice. However, I feel the class has a number of problems both conceptually and mechanically that are holding it back.

1. It has no clear identity. Is it a brawler? A pet themed spec? What does the embodiment of the Echovald Wilds mean? What do we do?

2. It has no group support that can't be done better by Druid or Soulbeast.

3. Hammer has the only full set of unleashed abilities, making this weapon absolutely core to the spec. As hammer is a CC-focused power weapon, this restricts the number of builds the untamed can spec into, since hammer is so vital.

4. Now that pets are front and centre again, we're seeing the problems with the pet mechanic, a system that has aged poorly as player power levels have increased.

I think a number of these issues can be resolved simply by giving all weapons Unleashed attacks on all their skills, just like Hammer does. This will not only make the spec feel more complete, but provides an opportunity to add power to various builds. You can improve DPS by adding damage to unleashed sword, greatsword, and offhand axe, and create more powerful condition options by adding unleashed skills to axe, shortbow, and dagger. Hammer could stay virtually unchanged here, as its current damage levels feel appropriate for a more CC focused weapon. In terms of group support, this can be addressed by adding unleashes to Warhorn - perhaps adding some Alacrity to Call of the Wild? The key advantage here is this allows you to tweak the numbers on every weapon skill Untamed has access to, without affecting Druid or Soulbeast. This helps ensure that weapon tweaks made to buff Untamed don't send Soulbeast over the edge.

Secondly, the pet mechanic. While I feel DPS on pets should be looked at overall, the fact that we have to spec into Nature Magic, a support based traitline in order to share boons with our pets is crippling. I propose moving Fortifying Bond from nature magic to beastmastery. This won't entirely fix pets, but it will improve their DPS by a good chunk (which makes sense in Beastmastery, a traitline focused on pet DPS), and hopefully provide more realistic numbers for their potential damage output, allowing for more suitable tweaking in the future.

Another issue is the lack of a trait that effects Hammer. While fervent force addresses cooldowns, its nonspecific to hammer, and not having a trait for this feels very strange. Logically it would make sense to put this trait in the Untamed trait line (I suggest adding this to Enhancing Impact, a trait that encourages interrupts, something hammer already does well). Alternatively, expanding Two Handed Training in the Beasmastery traitline to affect Hammer would make Beastmastery a very satisfying traitline for power builds; Trapper's Expertise for frost trap, Two Handed training for Hammer, and Honed Axes for Sword/Axe would feel really great; every trait would be impactful. If this trait ends up in the Untamed traitline, I would recommend renaming Two Handed Training to "Greatsword Training" instead to avoid confusion.

In terms of skills, the cantrips overall feel really good, and I really like how they have meaningful counterplay in PvP, but also require forethought and positioning to use properly in PvE. Some minor gripes;

Perilous Gift: Super fun, but I miss the pet interaction this skill had in the beta. I feel like having it give you a fraction of your pet's health (but not draining it) would helped give the class some identity as a Ranger and their pet working together. If people fullhealing from bears are a problem, perhaps reduce the number it heals by.

Forest's Fortification: I love the way this skill works. Superspeed feels awesome, and seeing that cooldown drop rapidly in combat with multiple enemies feels brilliant. The problem is that everything this trait offers is defensive in nature, which would be fine, except untamed has no offensive elite skill right now. 

Strength of the Pack is a marginal DPS boost for the pet for a short period of time, and is a woefully inadequate solution to the pet boon issue. Given the similarities between Forest's Fortification and SotP, I think it'd be super cool to update Strength of the Pack, and give it a refresh mechanic similar to Forest's Fortification. In order to bring pet DPS up, perhaps give pets a 25% damage boost while SotP is active - this would give Ranger a solid offensive choice for an elite skill, and depth to the way the skill is used, and help to boost pet DPS all at the same time. Since this is a core Ranger change, it also means future elite specs can be given defensive or utility elites without leaving the class starved for DPS options.

Untamed, mechanically, is not good. But it does feel good to play. What it needs is more - more direct damage, more condition damage, more support, and a pet worth shifting some power to mid-fight rather than just to activate unleashed ambushes. I can see it becoming one of Ranger's most iconic specs, but in order to do that work needs to be done on not just the Untamed traitline, but also some of the mechanics of core Ranger that it relies upon.

Also for god sakes give us longbow main some love too. I want to be able to play Untamed for all end game pve content. However at present people dont even like Untamed in fractals. I use Longbow and a hammer style favoring the bow.

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631

Untamed was the last spec being developed, thats why it's guted, they had no time so they randomly came up with something, thats how it feels to me, ever since they stoped playing their own game they arent even aware of dps discranpacies between classes, and functionalities, the clunckiness of some of the classes like the hbg, or the fact for example that all RANGER specs are literally outplayed by every other class, druid gives 25 might, but so does mechanist, we give no quick or alac, soulbeast benchmark is subpar almost at the lvl of a supporter harbringer (quickness), and untamed, well untamed is the oposite of the guardian, the guardian is the sweet child of anet, ranger was the thing they dumpled on...  sickening, this is world of warcraft balance standards, diping really low anet, really low...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Hugedeal.5426 said:

Untamed was the last spec being developed, thats why it's guted, they had no time so they randomly came up with something, thats how it feels to me, ever since they stoped playing their own game they arent even aware of dps discranpacies between classes, and functionalities, the clunckiness of some of the classes like the hbg, or the fact for example that all RANGER specs are literally outplayed by every other class, druid gives 25 might, but so does mechanist, we give no quick or alac, soulbeast benchmark is subpar almost at the lvl of a supporter harbringer (quickness), and untamed, well untamed is the oposite of the guardian, the guardian is the sweet child of anet, ranger was the thing they dumpled on...  sickening, this is world of warcraft balance standards, diping really low anet, really low...

Mechanist doesn't give 25 might.

Ranger is about to get alacrity, June 28th, the next major balance patch.

While I understand your anger, this isn't feedback.