Untamed Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Here's my Untamed feedback. Perhaps you should change the name of this elite spec to Unbathed, because it looks like it smells very, very bad. I'm really glad computers don't have scent cards. Could you maybe, ah, tame that funky appearance just a little? And by just a little, I mean a LOT. And by a LOT I mean, could you get rid of it altogether? Soulbeast looks like it smells pretty darned funky, but this? Shew! Anyway, that's my Untamed feedback. Thanks for reading.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Only had a little bit of a play with this Elite Spec. Took it to Tangled Depths and WvW.

Don't like the way that all the spell effects and weapon effects are basically green, visually it is boring as hell.

Hammer is great if you are like 130 units away from anything (oh one skill is only useable 120 units away). This is a great idea if you want to stand hit something close up. Execept this is a Ranger and they will die.

It seems to be a common theme with the EoD elites. Stand in one spot and swing but hey we added some over the top ae spell effects aren't they cool?  

They lack movement like all the old class elites. Almost like a different team design team/we ran out of ideas was at play.

New Utility skills nope. Do nothing for me. The old skills bring plenty more to the table.

It needs a  lot of work and in its present form I cannot see me using it at all.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

So far I think core is better. 

The toggle for the unleash should be reworked as well as the trait interaction.  10 sec is too long to have to wait to use normal pet skills.  I was trapped too many times in wvw gated from using necessary survival ploys to negate damage or slow targets.  Additionally being caught in untamed when 3 more guys arrive is not a pleasant encounter soaking up the extra multiples of their damage.

As I said earlier, hammer is the only notable weapon that the spec focuses on and it feels clunky and slow imo with not enough mobility.  The pet abilities while untamed are interesting especially as a gap closer, but since every new spec has seemingly spammable shadowsteps, it's a moot point.  Once the pet ports to target, the target ports in your face and the dumb ai takes over as it runs back to target, perhaps even slower since there is not a direct attk target command for the spec (that and can't be creative by having pet attack a secondary target simultaneously).

The PETS STILL DIE JUST AS EASY AND ARE LESS EASY TO CONTROL with untamed.  No attk target/no recall to player commands.  I was hoping that the spec would open up more pet options but this is definitely not what I foresee.  Birds and such have the same health pool, same death cd and can potentially die faster if you use the cantrip heal or while they are untamed.  The ai is not improved, but when player is untamed the control of pet's skills seem to react faster than normal ai at least.

The tree skills are somewhat lackluster.  Vitality is always a good thing, but  when the player is untamed they take 10 percent increased damage, it sorta cancels out any benefit.  Imo the cantrips are not worth taking over normal ranger skills.  The utility skills offer only a condi conversion to vulnerability and no stun breaks.  The elite is quite good, but only for defensive purposes with a longer cd than any of the norm rangers elites taken other than the spirit. I like restorative strikes and ferocious symbiosis for gms; however both are more effective when using weapons which strike quickly, so not hammer.  Hammer could be used if multiple targets are in front, but the spec unless pure tank, would not benefit, and the tank option seems like others classes might still do it better ie. necro/guard.

It's still super early, but I'm not seeing it.....

Edited by Kilrik.6320
  • Like 11
  • Confused 1

Fervent Force should be affected by pet CC's as well. If the theme of the spec is "attacking in tandem" then this trait is the lynchpin that pulls the whole thing together. For example starting with the pet powered up, a sequence like Hammer 2 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 5 > Unleash Ranger > 3 > 2 > 4 > Unleash Pet almost feels excellent, but you cannot weave Pet CC for the cooldown reduction on Unleash, leaving you stuck with only auto-attacks to the point that the whole idea of attacking in tandem falls apart. 

Making Pet CC affect this trait would make the spec really fun, really thematic, and really engaging. It would help nail the flavor of the specialization while also opening interesting player decisions around pet choice. 

Edited by nucklepuckk.1805
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This spec is very incomplete and it shows.

1. Pets need a baseline buff. Druid reduces damage on pets, Untamed should buff it.
  2. ArenaNet needs to fix the boon application on pets.
  3. From a PvE perspective -- hammer does not do enough damage
  4. Hammer's range should be increased to 220. It feels impossible to land anything in competitive modes
  5. Unleashed needs to affect all core weapons
  6. Integrate more damage in the utilities.
  7. Forest Fortification could increase damage additionally as core anger doesn't have any dps elites
  8. Traits aren't cohesive. They lack clearly defined power or condi.
  9. Unleashed pet skills won't be used much in PvE
  10. Unable to call back pet without clicking now
Edited by Falseprophet.1502
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

It's a miss for me.

While it Looked like pets would be more controlable, they are in fact Less so, because we cannot aim them and recall them. The hammer being the only weapon affected by Unleash is a deal breaker. This is the only spec with Specter that MUST use it's elite spec weapon to make use of the Elite spec mechanic, it kills player agency on build crafting. The difference is, Specter feels good to play as. Hammer is heavy on damage, and CC, but it somehow feel less... "meaty" than other Hammer classes. I agree that adding some movement to atleast 1 or 2 of the hammer skill would help with that. 

The pet's unleashed skills should atleast differentiate between range and melee. They're nonsensical otherwise. 

Edited by Naxos.2503
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1

I really love the idea overall (love having the pet with me again) but the profession mechanic needs to give something more, specially when it comes to weapons.

I know it's not easy to add unleashed skills to alll Weapon skills, but at least you could do something like: 2 skills on a 2h weapon and 1 skill on a 1h weapon. It doesn't need to be a big change but just something new to a couple of abilities, so it feels good running the spec with other weapons (even if we are only talking about the secundary weapon you have to run even if you use hammer).

Besides that (not sure if it's a bug or something), the "unleashed" animation on pet and on the char don't feel very good. If you don't plan to change them, at least "swap" them, meaning that the pet will have the more "green vein" like animation on the pet and the more subtle one on the char.

Thank you for listening to our feedback and can't wait to see the improvements in the future :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So a few things that are wrong so far:

1.No pet stow and return to me keybind.

2.Hammer does no damage in both forms (even with disabled/condi damage bonuses), it's too slow to use in pvp/wvw since anything with range or slow deny any hammer usage.

3.Unleashed pet skills are underwhelming and some of normal pet skills are taking more focus to keep on cd than the effect gives(autouse toggle would be great on pure damage pet skills).

4.Traits don't give much compared to alternatives in core. Unleashed pet skill traits are weak, CC traits are unusable without hammer(ranger has only 1 cc skill on other weapons and other cc powers are on pets which don't apply to traits) and with hammer they are still weak(look point 2.), Unleash use traits give low rewards with 10s cd and lifesteal trait doesn't work well because of 2 thing: A lot of stats is lost to the pet (who doesn't trigger the trait) and another chunk of stats is lost due to the rest of the traits.

5.Cantrips have problems with pure numbers and have a lot of issues: Exploding spores are nearly impossible to hit with all 6, Unatural Traversal needs to hit to be useful however it's hard to meassure the distance and sometimes it doesn't even shadowstep(it really needs to be changed to placeable aoe rather than point and click, which fixes meassuring and targetting), Nature's Binding doesn't punish for touching the border unlike other powers like it, Forest Fortification takes to long to cast to be used as damage counter  and since it's used in defensive setup the cd reduction is barely usable because of low target per skill auto.

6.Ranger kit as a whole has a lot of issues and Untamed provides no fixes for any of them. Pets AI and skill registering are unrelayable, Ranger kit is too selfish, huge chunks of stats are lost to pets with low tradeoff, CC is limited and even more so if pet is not counted and a lot of focus on range which is never used due to battlefield size, team range or projectile hate.

I hope those issues are looked into and changes are made before the Spec is released.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Personally it's really boring to play the Untamed. I figured it might bump up your pets or make the playstyle feel different. I didn't enjoy this type at all. It somehow feels just as weak, if not weaker than some of the lesser used base classes, the lack of stow pet was a bit annoying, and as others have mentioned, without the hammer, this class feels bad/unusable. I probably wouldn't swap my rangers over to this class over Soulbeast.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

At a glance: 1. I think the increased control over pet skill activations should be given to at the very least to core ranger, if not all specs, as it'd go a long way to improving the usability of the underlying class (while obviously keeping the Unleashed skills on Untamed and Untamed alone). Edit: Additionally, ideal would be to let the player choose which core pet skills should be manually cast by the pet and which skills the pet should autocast off CD (at least let it autocast them again when not Unleashed).

2. I'd like the attack my target and return to me binds back, as they are using core ranger, then have the new skills start after that - imo using F6 and higher would be fine as we can rebind these keys or add extra binds to them).

3. I wish Unleash had some interaction with other weapon sets, even if it e.g. alters skill 2 and skill 2 alone on each weapon, or something like that if you're not going to have it affect the entire weapons. As much as I loved Holo, I was always sad that heat never interacted with engi's other weapons, even if it was just a few skills (for flavour). That always felt like a missed opportunity to me and it would help to make unique espec mechanics feel more nuanced, I have the same feeling here.

Edited by Drakonhammer.2148
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pet teleport is buggy. It needs at least 1200 range to account for the pet lagging behind the ranger when moving. The pet should always teleport closer to the target and use its skill, sometimes it does, other times it just uses f1 on the spot and does not teleport and then proceeds to run to the target… it should always teleport.

The on disable requirements for unleashed pet F1,2,3 need to go!

Unleashed Pet f3 - enveloping haze when active the pet does not attack, the pet just stands there taking damage from enemies hitting it. 

Exploding  spores should spawn on the ranger and teleport/leap with us, not just spawn on the ground and explode 2 seconds later, that’s no use at all. Their aoe effect should be increased to 240 per spore as you need to be standing on top of someone for it to knock anyone down.

Nature’s binding 3/4 second cast time is too long making it very easily interrupted. Cut it down to 1/2 second.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I'll give my points fast and straight even thought some of these have appeared already in this post.

1. No stow option?!? I mean, why? Also, give us the ability to keybind these things.
  2. New f skills when the beast is unleased are the same for all pets! That is boring and means little versatility. Also other than F3, the rest are useless.
  3. Hammer animation skills are so warrior like. I would argue they are identical except a couple of slowed frames during the leaps. B O R I N G.
  4.  This class is all about the hammer i assume since only this weapon changes based on who is unleased (the pet or the master). This means that if we are not gonna play hammer we should not bother.  That is fine by me; however, hammer skills are super slow, the dmg is mediocre at best for a melee slow weapon and there is no mobility skill. So, I gotta rely on  gs or main hand sword to approach the enemy and then switch to hammer. If the opponent uses just one mobility skill, then what? Also, there are no real unique skills.
  5.  The new utilities are very unimpressive except for Nature's binding and the elite. The rest are useless for zerg and especially for vanguard style that you guys mentioned on stream. The heal is unreliable due to the heavy aoes, the rest of the heals for ranger are not as good for zerging.
  6. The traits are kinda ok although the cleansing unleash needs to remove at least 2 condies, maybe even 3. I mean we cannot unleash so often. Even weapon sigils remove more condies.

These are my major points for now. I know most of these are around pvp/WvW but this is what many people do to have fun. Jumping puzzles u do a couple of times and that is it. Fractals after a couple of runs it gets pretty stale. Raids are not so much fun with the elitism and denial of experimentation. At the moment, I think Untamed will be exceptional only for fishing. We can use that glow on him to lit the lakes and rivers at night.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Playing around with the spec in PvE:

Fervent Force quite literally makes the elite spec. It recharges all skills by 4 seconds whenever a disabling skill strikes an enemy (the enemy doesn't actually have to become disabled for it to take effect), and has only a 0.25 second internal cooldown. It's allowing me to recharge many skills in mere seconds when it would typically take 20 seconds for them to otherwise recharge. This trait definitely allows hammer ranger to spam CC skills almost endlessly. And because it recharges all skills, not just weapon skills, it's making utilities and healing skills incredibly strong, as some of them are recharged almost instantly with a good CC rotation.

I managed to recharge Forest's Fortification, which has a 90 second recharge time, in 20 seconds with a good CC rotation against a mob of enemies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I tried untamed for WvW roaming / small scale and did not find much enjoyment.

Positives:

- Having an anti-projectile bubble is great.

- Boon rip is great.

- Some of the utilities are pretty good. 

Negatives:

- If you don't use hammer the whole traitline feels a little pointless. This annoys me the most. 

- Hammer has no mobility making it hard to use.

- New pet controls are... not as good as it sounded. You gain some control but lose other control buttons and end up with a different set of pet problems but no overall improvement.

- Who thought that heal was a good idea on a pet spec? For real.

- The elite is awfully undertuned outside of a large battle where you can cleave.

- Even in the above case, the elite is very boring. It's just a mashup of RaO and dolyak stance.

- The condi clease is poor so you still rely on WS or HS.

- Controlling untamed swap, pet swap and weapon swap felt a bit much to me.

- I just didn't enjoy it. I'd probably play core over Untamed. 

Bonus negative:

- Seeing the mechs is a bit of a kick in the teeth. They are heavily range and support based and have a ton of health and a break bar. All this together means they don't suffer as many issues as ranger pets, and it sucks. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

Some mid-range thoughts after 30 or so minutes in WvW...

I actually despise the 10% damage increase 'tradeoff'; did not notice this when running around in the starting PvE areas, but do notice it a LOT in WvW.  I was so hopeful from the stream we could lose WS, but the 10% increase gives a whole new problem other than condition clear...you NEED protection at all times if you are unleashed.  

I also am really now hating having to juggle 3 different swaps, something should be able to be streamlined here.  Doubly so with the hammer, the shared CD's break the weapon as while the ranger can swap freely between leashed and unleashed, the weapon does not.  

Also, the hammer skills are SUPER SLOW.  Again, not something I noticed earlier, but wow, trying to take a camp or even a shrine, and it's bad. You have no on-demand CC because you need that fluidity, but again shared CDs.  So I scrapped the hammer (which is sad because I love the look of my plasma hammer), and just went with GS.  

Now I'm wondering if it wouldn't just benefit to have the unleashed mechanic be both on pet and ranger at the same time...so either on both or off both.  Maybe change the outgoing damage increase to conditional (like if you have fury), and get rid of the increased damage taken.

Also, with the above changes, just combine the hammer states--weapon flips and shared CDs is just an awful mechanic after trying it out.  Might need to rework some skills so some still do damage...but basically hammer should be GS but less defensive.  So more stuns and knockdowns, but no blocks or other defensive utility (maybe a leap).  

Will mess with this more, but it really does seem everyone at Anet is a casual PvE player.  Even from the stream should have known with the tailswipe meme'ing that this wasn't going to be good---but I had hope, and still do have some....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bealis.6023 said:

Another thing that lacks is the minor trait  Natural Fortitude that gives 240 Vitality. It is just written in the stars that it is a boring trait (most new elite specs have an issue with minor traits btw). I believe, in the spirit of giving Ranger more of a warrior status, it can be done in another way. Thing that comes into mind right now is the similar effect that Utility items have. I think best would be to Gain Vitality equal to % of your Toughness. It could incentivize players to try more gear with Tougness stats in lets say another equipment tab.

I agree, +240 vitality is just the most boring trait in existence. But, please for the love of God no, do not do this. This will make it a completely useless trait in most situations. Nobody needs toughness gear for PvE and even in WvW, it's not that useful in the small amounts you do take. Unless you scale it 13%, unlike other minors which are usually 7%, which would then be OP because I would definitely just run Remorseless, all Cavalier gear, Daredevil Runes and Vision Sigils to get enough crits and 2850+ toughness (4000 armor) to give an extra 370+ vitality. But at 7%, you only get 200 vit from full toughness gear, in zerker you'd only get 700 health. Meh.

It would be a lot better and have far more synergy with other traits as something like "convert X% of damage into barrier" or "Disabling a Foe grants you barrier" or "Unleashing grants you barrier". Vitality is useless if you can't heal up where as barrier is always useful in a fight.

I can't see ANY point in the two minors in this traitline. One gives you a flat increase to vitality, the other makes you take more damage. Why bother having one trait nullify the buff you give in the other? Natural Fortitude needs to grant barrier in combat to help counteract the increased incoming damage from Vow of the Untamed.

3 hours ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Right now my bigger concern is that this E-Spec feels like it's nerfing the other weapon's potential. Hammer has a great synergy with it because it's built with hammer in mind, but other weapons just flat out feel bad. 

I ran the same Berserker set between Soulbeast and Untamed on Bow and holy heck Bow Untamed was horrendous. Focusing too much on one weapon without adjusting the others is probably the biggest flaw on this E-Spec right now. I get that it's meant to be a Hammer focused E-Spec but don't force everything in a single weapon. Soulbeast and Druid do just fine without having to use the E-Spec weapon, this one just makes you use Hammer and really nothing else. 

The Longbow is amazing with Untamed. Try this out -> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAMNDsNcoXsA-zhTImpAA-e

From Untamed take top-top-top. Debilitating Blows, Enhancing Impact, and Fervent Force. 

https://imgflip.com/i/5rxlr0

Edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Let us know what you think about the untamed! What do you really like? What needs to be improved or adjusted?

Found a bug? Let us know in the bug thread.

I feel like I am a warrior/guard with pets rather than a ranger and that is heart breaking. I feel like the Hammer should work with the longbow/shortbow (untamed ability) and at the very least have some kind of ranged ability on the hammer so Rangers dont end up obsolete as I don't see them being very viable in PvP or Wvw. After all the premise of the Ranger is to be able to strike safely from a distance and one of the best parts of being a Ranger besides pets 🙂 . Please bring back the ranged ability and make bows viable again.  I did try the Engi and after playing it is amazing but wondered why Rangers dont have a upgraded kick butt pet like that was disappointing. Why dont we have a turtle that shoots shells bleeding a foe and gives toughness or something? I do like the Ranger and pet mechanics. I love that we can merge to some point and my pet still be able to attack. It is missing the stow ability and you never realize how important that is until your doing a JP and all you can see is your pet. The hammer has no push back ability and I do not feel like I am doing aoe damage. I fought Jormag the hammer was usless as I ended up dead, I went to bow lived longer but my pet was usless. I do not know if its a bug that the pet does not go to target when you use your bow but mine did not and ran around near me doing nothing but dyeing 😕 seems like you have to be just as close to target as you would be using hammer using any other weapon. Sad to say if you cant even play comfortably in PvE its 100% not going to work in PvP or WvW.  Rangers need to be able to survive better if you want them on the front line, low survivability, no range on hammer, slowness on hammer, and pet that doesnt sick um makes dead Rangers. It should be fun to play and not stressful. 

Edited by Morgona.2684
needed to add more
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's boring in pve and feels worse than vanilla, druid, and soulbeast in pvp/wvw

Why would I ever swap out of unleashed mode on the Ranger and eat a -15% damage nerf for 10 seconds at a time on top of base ranger's crap damage?

Perma hulk mode on the ranger means my pet does nothing new and no new skills on the weapons means this brings little to nothing new to the table for pve play.

Shear boredom in overworld pve is pretty much the only reason I can ever see myself slotting this spec over any other option right now in it's current form

Oh, and also, get rid of the toxic sludge aura on the ranger. It's kittening terrible visually and there's no reason enemy players need this much of a tell, especially when being in said mode means I also now take 10% more damage

The pet doesn't get slimed and neither should we

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Cufufalating.8479 said:

I tried untamed for WvW roaming / small scale and did not find much enjoyment.

Positives:

- Having an anti-projectile bubble is great.

- Boon rip is great.

- Some of the utilities are pretty good. 

Negatives:

- If you don't use hammer the whole traitline feels a little pointless. This annoys me the most. 

- Hammer has no mobility making it hard to use.

- New pet controls are... not as good as it sounded. You gain some control but lose other control buttons and end up with a different set of pet problems but no overall improvement.

- Who thought that heal was a good idea on a pet spec? For real.

- The elite is awfully undertuned outside of a large battle where you can cleave.

- Even in the above case, the elite is very boring. It's just a mashup of RaO and dolyak stance.

- The condi clease is poor so you still rely on WS or HS.

- Controlling untamed swap, pet swap and weapon swap felt a bit much to me.

- I just didn't enjoy it. I'd probably play core over Untamed. 

Bonus negative:

- Seeing the mechs is a bit of a kick in the teeth. They are heavily range and support based and have a ton of health and a break bar. All this together means they don't suffer as many issues as ranger pets, and it sucks. 

I agree with you 100% very well put. Eni mechs far outclass any Ranger pet, niether engis nor mechs take hardly any damage. They plow threw mobs like butter well Rangers still struggle.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, InsaneQR.7412 said:

First the feedback, then the rant:

1. Hammer is awesome, I really like the flow of that weapon tbh, but it feels horribly bad that only hammer gets unleashed boni while the rest of the wepaons feel like a waste of time. I would love if all weapons would benefit from unleash. It would open up so many new possibilities. 

2. The utility skills are a bit of a mixed bag. I dont like the healing skill. it might be a decent heal but it kills of your class mechanic which is as if mesmers would get a heal that destroys all their clones or warriors would lose their adrenaline on a heal for some invulnerability. The lack of possible petswap is ok and understandable. Maybe change the heal so that it heals depending on the health of your pet without harming it, This way you could still counterplay the heal. The teleport skill is really good although I would love to see a proper stunbreak on it, otehrwise the condi cleanse would also be a fantastic stunbreak. The spores would be great if they would also apply poison on hit (The spec has some possibilities for a condi playstyle but barely touches it). the condi cleanse skill is ok but as touched above it would be a good candidate for a stunbreak. The ward skill that nails enemies down in one location would also be a cool candidate if it would apply damaging conditions like bleed for example if the target gets CC while in the field. The elite is good, no complains there.

3. The traits:

Adept traits:

I think the adept traits are reaaaaally boring:

Debilitating blows is probably the more interesting one but still you just get some vuln while on aggressive mode that does not really give you anything on ranger which is stacked with vuln application. I would love to see that you would apply posion instead of vuln. In PvE this could make hammer an interesting condi choice (and posion master would finally find its uses) while for PvP/WvW it could diminish the healing of your enemies or force a cleanse first which would make this a nice offensive trait. This trait could also boost venomous outburst so that it has a shorter cooldown.

Cleansing Unleash is just, you know. ONE CONDI EVERY10S. With nature magic i can cleanse 2 with just a dodge and with WS with every survival skill. This feels just like barely even a trait. What i would like to see instead is that you would strike enemies arround you when you unleash and cleanse conditions. If they are disabled you transfer your conditions instead. 

Lastly for blinding outburst, i would make this the unleash trait that applies blind to all enemies arround you when you unleash. Its still simple but an instant on demand blind. M;aybe add the vuln taht i removed earlier and place it here instead to give teh trit a bit more substance.

Master Traits:

Enhancing Impact: Good trait.

Bolstering Unleash: Unleash is to infrequent to make this worth while. If this would provide those boons to allies too this would be a good trait.

Corrupting vines: Good Trait.

GM Traits: All good traits.

Unleashed skills:

Venoumous outburst: Not bad but i would like it more if it would be a ground target and then atatck anything close to it.

Rending Vines: Ok skill. Some bleed on it woudl be cool.

Envolopoing Haze: Really cool skill but the chill makes no sense. Immob would be more fitting and would make this feel like the inescapable trap it should be.

Non unleashed pet:

1. Make the skill control baseline, Give us control over 1 CC skill and the pets F2 skill. Make all the pet based buff skills triggerable through petswap. So your moa would heal you when you swap to your moa or your bird would give you a speed boost when you swap to your bird etc. tis ofc would need overhaul of certain pet skills but it would make pets much moree streamlined and controllable. Give us a way to place our pets position. this could replace leash or even attack my target. a placement system to command your pet where to go would help a lot in controlling it.

2. Improve all pet movement skills so the pet actually can close into  target. the reason why smokescale is so good is because it jumps at your foes immediately and deals good damage. It also has good utility and CC. Smokescale shoudl be the baseline how good a pet should be.

3. Improve all pet skills in general, most core pets are just straight up bad and with untamed you really really feel it how bad they actually are.

The tradeoff: I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE IT.

I mean i dont hate the untamed vow. Thats fine. 

I dont like the absolutely unelegant flow of the class mechanic. Unleash feels like a weaponswap and petswap in one and I feel punished for swapping weapins and my pet feels restrained when i go out from unleash. Meanwhile i deal less damage because i am not unleashed in the meantime. I unironically think that untamed feels off in its flow and usability. This is mainly though due to the bad petskills outside of unleash.

So now the rant:

I played mechanist. And i was disgusted. I was disgusted how good that pet mech is. It does not only inherit our stats, it has a FREAKING BREAKBAR IN PVE and it has tons of customizability. Each trait the mechanist gets benefits not only the pet but also gives something to the engi, especially the boon line. PLUS it does benefit from other traitlines. This is a horrible insult to all ranger mains which didnt got a single substantial pet upadte within the last 9 years.

1. Give pets a breakbar in PVE. You can do it for engis, so we deserve one too. (its fantastic btw)

2.Give us traits that make our pets actually useful. Oh rangers get a trait that taunts once on a beastskill, meanwhile the new kid on the block gets a trait that makes it launch HUGE DAMAGING MISSILES THAT LAUNCHES ENEMIES, oh rangerscan give their pet some health regen, meanwhile the mech blasts out barrier to itself and allies and cannot die unless you suffer from severe brain damage while piloting

3. THE OLD PETS ARE ALL BUGGED; THEY DO NOT REACT ON QUICKNESS AND DO NOT GET ANY BENEFIT FROM IT. The mech is happily slapping kitten fast in the emantime

4. Make our pets the utility tool we need and not the DPS AI that gets nerfed. Give US the damage, give our pets a purpose outside of it instead. back to example smokescale: SS does provide a good combo field, good defense through blinds, CC and it has fantastic sticking potential. WE NEED STICKING POTENTIAL AND WE NEED IT OUTSIDE OF AN E-SPEC.

5. PETS DO NOT HAVE CONSISTENT PRECISION CALCULATIONS AND THEIR TOOLTIPS ARE ALL WRONG

6. PORCINES ARE THE WORST DESIGNED PETS; THE BUNDELS CAN BE PICKED UP BY ENEMY PLAYEERS, please make those skills like steal instead.

Rant ended. I hope this was some valuable input from a loyal ranger main since 2012. Cheers.

This.This.This and This. Couldn't have said it better.

Untamed is a disaster, a disappointment, and yet another failure. These are the solutions^^^^

Edited by Johnny.1634
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1