• ArenaNet Staff

If something is obviously not working as intended–if skills and traits don’t work as expected from the descriptions or if they don’t interact with core traits as expected–let us know here!

If you want to share feedback on how the specter plays, talk to us in the feedback thread!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Shadow Arts first bottom trait, Hidden Thief, grants stealth when you steal.  The problem is, it doesn't grant stealth until 2 seconds after you've used siphon.  You have to manually stop yourself

Thief trait line Steal buffs "Trill of the Crime", "Bountiful Theft", "Hidden Thief" only works if you Siphon an enemy, Siphoning an ally does not trigger any of the Steal benefits

Action camera targeting has so many obvious issues that it makes we wonder if any of the people designing the spec even tested it.  People with accessibility issues need to use that mode, so it needs

Skill fact updates for traits like Merciful Ambush, Shadow Savior, Shadow's Rejuvination in particular are not showing up on shadow step skills - having not played thief in a few years I don't know if this is intentional or an oversight or limited to the launch of the Specter spec even, but it should be fixed to include them or clarified whether or not they apply. 

Well of Gloom - tool tip doesn't mention stealth gain from Concealing Restoration
Well of Bounty/Tears/Silence/Sorrow/Shadowfall - none mention traited bonuses from Shadow Savior, Shadow's Rejuvination
Shadow Refuge - tool tip doesn't reflect traited bonuses from Merciful Ambush, Shadow Savior, Shadow's Rejuvination

Traited in shadow arts with Merciful Ambush, Shadow Savior, Shadow's Rejuvination &  skill facts apply a Well of Gloom as a heal & a shadowstep should say it does the following (in Wvw) -

shadowstep to the target area
apply a self heal (well of gloom)
apply a 240 radius 5 target ally heal (well of gloom)
apply a 240 radius 5 enemy cripple (well of gloom)
apply a 360 radius 5 target ally heal (shadow savior)
apply a self heal (shadow savior)
grant the user 2s of stealth (concealing restoration)
grant the user initiative gain while in stealth (shadow's rejuvination)
grant the user a small self heal (shadow's rejuvination)

but most of that isn't on the tool tip. https://imgur.com/a/joNjr1D

Specter got some weird targeting issues. I hope you check how it behaves on action camera because it is quite hard to play with that. Normal mode mouse clicking on targets and skills work just fine however not with keybinds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm seeing a weird bug where when you hold down the 1 button to auto attack, your character actually does the 3rd step twice.  Instead of 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 1, it's 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 3 -> 1 which I think is really adding to the unresponsive feel I'm having since the 3rd auto is a 1.5 second cast time that can't be overridden by another skill.

Edit: The same applies if you just spam 1, you don't need to hold it down.  Also, it feels like the 3rd step has a 0.25-0.5 second aftercast animation lock that is unnecessary and feels bad

Edited by zetherin.8372
  • Like 1

There are a lot of things I can't tell if are bugs or intended drawbacks. Will add to this list as I find more.
1. Measured shot sometimes flings me into a random direction instead of to my ally.
2. Measured shot can miss my targeted ally. No out of range or miss text appears but initiative is spent and I don't travel or trigger Endless Night.

• Like 1

Endless Night will shadowstep you the entire max distance forward if you're in melee range of ally.

Sc/D3 / Twilight Combo's range indicator doesn't work for allies. The red bar under the skill only goes away when in range of enemy.

Jumping will prevent the 2nd attack of Twilight Combo. /shrug~ and it fails to give swiftness if it hits them too close.

Siphon can't be used on elevation differences, such as standing on a wall and targeting someone below in WvW who is within range.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1

Action camera targeting has so many obvious issues that it makes we wonder if any of the people designing the spec even tested it.  People with accessibility issues need to use that mode, so it needs to function correctly.  Accessibility issues are also why differentiating between allied and enemy targets was a bad idea.  I suspect the other supports work the way they do for this very reason.  It honestly feels like ANet laid off everyone who created the original game, who knew about the intricacies of action camera and why things work the way they do with support skills and now the only people who are left are people who don't use action camera or who don't know why the other supports were designed the way they were.

These sorts of targeting issues are why function gyro was changed way back when too, IIRC (I don't play engi so I could be wrong about that but its what I remember).

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Have had issues with being able to use the dual skills (both dagger offhand and pistol offhand). Attempting to use them a hostile target pings an error message saying it needs an enemy or ally targeted to use and doesn't let the skill activate. Targeting an ally works fine but this bug is making it hard to get the full feeling of the scepter weapon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dual Skills (Endless Night & Twilight Combo) are unusable with Action Camera (at least against hostiles), stating targeting issues. Considering these are some of the most impactful skills in the kit this  unfortunately leaves Specter borderline unplayable for Action Camera users. 

Measured Shot's teleport also seems to have a fairly strange interaction with causing random Teleports.

Also I'm not sure if intended like Communal Defenses, but Dark Sentry doesn't give Rot Wallow Venom when applying Barrier to oneself, despite the "grant Allies X" terminology in game generally including the player.  

Traiting Siphon to Stealth via Hidden Thief causes a self reveal instead. 

Shadow Shroud's CD starts when entering Shroud rather than leaving. 

Siphon, despite now being a ranged spell still has the Shadow Step terrain check coded in, and can't be used across certain terrain.

Shadow Shroud one is not by default marked as Auto Attack and has to be manually designated.

Lead Attacks not only reduces the CD of Siphon, but also of Shadow Shroud, Slight of Hand on the other hand does not.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Felices Bladewing.3914 said:

scepter dualskill with dagger shows error message: "You must have an enemy or ally targeted to use this skill" when using the designed shortkey. clicking does work

found out that the skill somehow got a problem with action camera mode.

• Like 1

The Shadow Arts first bottom trait, Hidden Thief, grants stealth when you steal.  The problem is, it doesn't grant stealth until 2 seconds after you've used siphon.  You have to manually stop yourself from pushing any buttons after you siphon if you plan to use the scepter's stealth attack otherwise you'll instantly knock yourself out of stealth.  Basically the same problem the deadeye originally had where the travel time on its bullets could cause them to hit after you stealthed thus immediately dropping it off you.

I hope the delay can be removed because the manual stop is very disruptive to the rest of the flow

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Scepter Skills 3 [Triple Threat] (with no offhand weapon equipped) is bugged and only hits once instead of 3 times, no-one will ever use this skill but it should still be fixed. 🙃

[Endless Night] (Sc/p skill 3) breaks target if you strafe away from your target after shadowstepping in VERY easily wasting all 3 initiative, if you even look slightly in another direction while channeling it will cancel the skill, often before even getting 1 tick off. *edit this specifically occurs when using it on an ally.

Edited by Nomad.4301

the tooltip for scepter's stealth attack isn't showing with mouseove, just shadow bolt, double bolt and triple bold (which by the way sound very lackluster)

dont know if bug or intended, but using Shadow shrouds autoattack places the liitle mine we saw in the trailer underneath the character. Since the tooltip does not give away any info on that i guess it is only a visual and therefore unnecessary or even disruptive

Edited by Felices Bladewing.3914
  • Like 1

Swindler's Equilibrium doesn't recharge Siphon.

Steal related traits doesn't work when you use Siphon on ally.

Siphon doesn't proc Thrill of the Crime when you cast it without target unlike the regular Steal or Swipe

Edited by Dzheen.5291
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Triple Threat (Scepter 3 with no offhand) says it fires 3 missiles, but it only shoots one large one at the end of the animation

If you use Twilight Combo (Scepter 3 + Dagger) while stacking on an ally, you can take the swiftness and not give it to the ally.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dzheen.5291 said:

Swindler's Equilibrium doesn't recharge Siphon.

Steal related traits doesn't work when you use Siphon on ally.

Siphon doesn't proc Thrill of the Crime when you cast it without target unlike the regular Steal or Swipe

Yes!  Thank you. Someone said it. Swindler’s equilibrium doesn’t work on steal recharge.

I even tried to use that siphon trait in the grandmaster line 3rd one down. (it’s essentially revive a downed enemy while your siphon is on an ally)  I tried to pair this with Shadow arts Merciful ambush trait (Stealth and heal allies while reviving them) one would think you’d get a ranged stealth downed revive interaction, but this is not the case. 

and yes fix that 1-2 second delay on hidden thief and siphon, it’s annoying also Why do we need targets to use siphon. How boonless of a Thief do you truly want us to be. If we can’t keep uptime on Thrill of the crime or even engage with Hidden thief’s stealth first. It’s annoying.

• Thanks 1

I already see other people mentioning the action camera functionality; the issues that I've seen with it is that it will only go through the auto attack chain once and then the attacks untarget but you show as still targeted. Skill 3 with the dagger works on friends, but not against enemies.

I've also had issues with the skill 3 with the pistol where it either teleports me out of range for the follow up attack, or fails to realize I have an enemy targeted for it to go off.

• Like 1

The Deadly Arts trait 'Potent Poison' does not add the additional poison stacks to any of the Scepter weapon skills.

Also please allow the Specter trait 'Dark Sentry' to apply Rot Wallow Venom on ourselves when we give barrier to ourselves.

• Like 1