Are you hyped for...

On 10/28/2021 at 10:20 AM, Mesket.5728 said:

Honestly no. And it's a shame cause I loved this game for so long. Knowing this will be the last espec we get and this is how the game will continue makes me think its probably time to look to other games. I don't care for Cantha look, I didn't like it to be honest. I loved it in GW1 but I'm not getting that vibe here. I don't get the point on skiffs unless they force you to use to do something, like exclusive fishing spots that only skiffs can get, but other than that it looks like it came of the PS1 game.

Over all this expansion looks more and more like a final cash grab attempt before completely going to maintenance mode.

But my deal breaker is how BAD e-specs are.Specially Bladesworn which besides personal taste, it just doesn't make any sense at all why they wasted time and money on that specifically and not something that would actually add value to the game. Making specs that replace old specs is just wrong if you really care for long term. Same can probably be said about all other specs but I play warrior the most so I base my opinion there.

Do we know that this is the last expansion for GW2?  It doesn't seem like the sort of thing ANet would announce as they're hyping up the future of the game prior to an expansion release.  I think that will depend on how EoD performs.

On that, I admit I am skeptical.  It's no secret this was a rush job.  I'm glad they're doing it, but I wish they had been working on EoD from the start.  As a result, I am not expecting EoD to be as good as PoF or HoT in terms of what it offers at release.  My hope is that they'll make up for this by really pushing the content.

This game just needs more of everything.  Fractals should be released multiple times per year.  PvP/WvW need some new game modes.  I'm glad that they're updating old systems (DX11, WvW restructure, etc.), but this game needs more game and less rehashing the same stuff over and over.  A few open world maps plus fishing and skiffs won't do it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Honestly? No. The elite specs are lackluster and they could have added skiffs and a new mount with LW. I feel like it's going to be centered around kitten strike missions and it breaks my heart. They've shown nothing to build hype other than dangling new Tengu models in people's faces and making them hopeful, only to shoot them down. Literally the only proper hype and hopefulness I saw left was people desperately hoping for Tengu, everything else is "Yo these elite specs look kinda...garbage."
But uh, hey, thanks for playing for 10 years, here's your boat. For, you know, that thing you already have a skimmer for. Why don't we fish with a skimmer?? Wouldn't that be more efficient???

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/27/2021 at 7:07 AM, aetemes.2603 said:

No I am despair..I feel like im stuck with this game cause I cant find anything better...but the expac is negative hype to me.

thank you.

I've been so angry and frustrated with what I've seen from this alleged expac I can't even express it properly.  Probably never going to play this game again.  And that thought just makes me even more angry.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Swing.6439 said:

Honestly? No. The elite specs are lackluster and they could have added skiffs and a new mount with LW. I feel like it's going to be centered around kitten strike missions and it breaks my heart. They've shown nothing to build hype other than dangling new Tengu models in people's faces and making them hopeful, only to shoot them down. Literally the only proper hype and hopefulness I saw left was people desperately hoping for Tengu, everything else is "Yo these elite specs look kinda...garbage."
But uh, hey, thanks for playing for 10 years, here's your boat. For, you know, that thing you already have a skimmer for. Why don't we fish with a skimmer?? Wouldn't that be more efficient???

amp up that viewpoint to super nova level and that's pretty much me.

I knew when I saw nearly half a livestream dedicated to "fishing" that I was not going to like what was coming.  And now they're refusing to refund my thrice damned purchase of the ridiculously lame alleged "expansion".

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Do we know that this is the last expansion for GW2?  It doesn't seem like the sort of thing ANet would announce as they're hyping up the future of the game prior to an expansion release.  I think that will depend on how EoD performs.

On that, I admit I am skeptical.  It's no secret this was a rush job.  I'm glad they're doing it, but I wish they had been working on EoD from the start.  As a result, I am not expecting EoD to be as good as PoF or HoT in terms of what it offers at release.  My hope is that they'll make up for this by really pushing the content.

This game just needs more of everything.  Fractals should be released multiple times per year.  PvP/WvW need some new game modes.  I'm glad that they're updating old systems (DX11, WvW restructure, etc.), but this game needs more game and less rehashing the same stuff over and over.  A few open world maps plus fishing and skiffs won't do it.

I wish I could be as hopeful as you, lol.

I really do, but I could tell right away when they made the "big announcement" and it was FISHING, that this game was going over the edge.  And honestly, it makes me sad and angry, or rather even MORE sad and angry, because I know that I'll probably never play this game again.  And that sucks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/26/2021 at 9:53 AM, lokh.2695 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Disclaimer: I haven'thad the time to play in any of the betas so far but will be able to in the upcoming one. I wanted to get this out before that, so my opinions on the various specs and features will be made under the same circumstances. I will adjust this thread as time moves foward and as I have time to do so.

Also, in this thread I will list my OPINIONS on the various features that have been CONFIRMED for EoD. These are not truths, these are not facts, these are opinions. And while some discusion can be made about opinions, those discusions differ from discusions about wether or not someone is right or not. Keep that in mind and try to keep things civil.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

...Willbender
Not so much. giving the class an off-hand weapon gives the players less new buttons to press than with other specs. The added mobility aspect of it will probably shine in small scale WvW and PvP. What concerns me the most is, being a guardian main, the prospect of again playing GS/Sc,F and again going for radiance and zeal feels boring.

...Bladesworn
Looks good and definitely new. Can't say much about it to be fair, I have my Warri for BS and story purposes and if the Bladesworn will bring something new to that experience, I will be happy about it.

...Vindicator
Looks cool, will be great in WvW and open world due to the cleave and overall utility I guess. However, hardlocking players into the new legendary stance feels lazy. The concept is cool and all, but since it's not getting extended to the rev's core legends, it seems like the "new F-skill" should do something else that is usefull in general and for all legendary stances.

...Virtuoso
Well, I never played Mesmer a lot and the simpler the class gets, the better it is for me. Maybe Virtuoso will be a mesmer spec I can actually play to its full potential. I know that I may be alone with this one and I see how many players who love the mesmer might be underwhelmed by the blandness of it though.

...Catalyst
It looks like a new twist to core but as such lacks direction. Will probably end up being a different flavor of Weaver, i.e. it will be used instead of or as an alternative to weaver in many places.

...Harbinger
Definitely a new take on the shroud mechanic and definitely stirring things up with it. But the traits and gameplay look boring so far. Probably won't bother too much with it tbh.

...Mechanist
Love how it is "ranger through the eyes of an engi" and the golem definitely is a good looking asset. How good it will be depends a lot on the AI of the golem I think.

...Untamed
Looks all around great and I look forward to actually managing my pet. However, the change to pet UI(i.e. having all the pets abilities available) should be a core feature of the class and being softlocked into using a hammer feels strangely rigid, much like the design choice with Vindicator and its F-skill.

...Specter
Well, again definitely a shakeup from the usual thief gameplay. How good or usefull targetedd single target healing/buffing will turn out to be, we'll see. I see it hapening in small scale WvW or PvP rather than open world or raids/fractals. Overall might not be my cup of tea.

...Skiffs
As someone who owns PoF and has a fully upgraded Skimmer available at all times, I don't see the functional appeal of Skiffs. Sure, maybe some things can be done with it, but unless there is Terrain, a Skimmer can't cross, where I need a Skiff and maybe an according mastery, this is more or less an RP-feature for me, which I will use, as long as there are AP attached to it and then probably will never use again.

...Fishing
Same as above. For me GW2 has one of the best and most engaging combat systems in any MMO. That's what I'm here for. Sure, there's community things to do and whatnot, but a fishing minigame is just one of my least missed features in this game. Will do it as far as AP are attached to it, then never fish again probably.

...Siege Turtle
The idea of a multiplayer mount with combat abilities sounds fun on paper and as much as skiffs, might be a fun RP thing to do in tyria. But I can't see that going far. Better said, there's so much that can go wrong with it, that I doubt that ANet will take many chances, which will end up with a boring feeling mount. If the combat abilities are too strong, people will be pllaying the turtle game instead of GW2, and I doubt ANet wants that to happen, so the combat ability needs to be sub par. If the ability is sub par, why use it in the first place? Same goes for usability in WvW. If it's too good, it will warp the format around the turtle, if it's not actually usefull(like the warclaw door pull) it will not be used so why add it?
I see lots of potential, but also don't quite know what to make of it. Even the posibility to taxi players around on your turtle seems less exciting than walking new players wherever they need to go.

...Cantha as the setting of EoD
Haven't played GW1 and I'm usually not so much into depictions of asian cultures in games and other forms of mainsteam media. Too often it gets boiled down to stereotyping and fantasy fullfillment of the lowest common denominator(catgirls, school uniforms you get what I mean). But Cantha looks good and distinct so far and I'm looking forward to the exploration side of EoD. However, I wouldn't have gone for another "nostalgie trip". PoF was already catering to the "make GW2 GW1 again" crowd and having the following expansion go down the same route seems, well, uncreative. But we'll see how this turns out.

...Intro-Island
This is a great thing to put at the start of an expansion and I hope they will introduce similar areas to earlier expansions and the core game.

...Alliances
Will judge when they happen.

...Focused on replayability
Will judge when it happens. I hope they will lean more towards HoT with its metas and rewards. Those maps are still played today, whereas PoF maps have a hard time filling up outside of dailies.

...Mount-Taxis
Another RP-feature that's probably not for me. Will do it as long as there are AP in it I guess.

...Springer and Raptor availability
This won't do much for me as I have PoF but it's definitely a "nice move" for new or returning players who don't. Also the selection is a good one. These two mounts, alongside the Skiff gives those players a glance into the possibilities of mounts in GW2 and will probably sell some copies of PoF on its own.

...Continuation of Strike Missions
I never really liked the strikes although I like to raid a lot and the two could basically be the same. I can't point my finger on what's the reason for that though. Maybe it's the way how raids tell a story and are a bit longer(three or four bosses), I don't know. I think it will boil down to design. Maybe if they look pretty enough I'll do and like the new strikes.

...Difficulty settings for Strike Missions
This is a great feature when the rewards are scaled according to difficulty. But ANet did well with Fractals in this regard, so it might turn out very well.

you're far to gracious with your descriptions, lol

• Confused 1

On 10/28/2021 at 4:29 PM, DaFishBob.6518 said:

I wasn't going to preorder until they made changes to allow all the ultra shiny cosmetic effects (player sourced and environmental) to get toned down so we could actually see what's going on without hurting our eyes. Now I'm actually thinking even more conditions need to be fulfilled before I consider preordering.

I'm regretting my early hype train purchase and struggling to get a refund, which they are being difficult about, which isn't helping the situation for me.

• Confused 1

On 10/28/2021 at 9:20 AM, Mesket.5728 said:

Honestly no. And it's a shame cause I loved this game for so long. Knowing this will be the last espec we get and this is how the game will continue makes me think its probably time to look to other games. I don't care for Cantha look, I didn't like it to be honest. I loved it in GW1 but I'm not getting that vibe here. I don't get the point on skiffs unless they force you to use to do something, like exclusive fishing spots that only skiffs can get, but other than that it looks like it came of the PS1 game.

Over all this expansion looks more and more like a final cash grab attempt before completely going to maintenance mode.

But my deal breaker is how BAD e-specs are.Specially Bladesworn which besides personal taste, it just doesn't make any sense at all why they wasted time and money on that specifically and not something that would actually add value to the game. Making specs that replace old specs is just wrong if you really care for long term. Same can probably be said about all other specs but I play warrior the most so I base my opinion there.

exactly my thoughts.  cheap, poorly designed elite specs, cutting corners reusing assets like crazy, everything about it seems half assed, and exactly like a desperate cash grab before the ship goes under.  Now, whether that's coming from anet, or being pushed by ncsoft, is anyone's guess.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

It is an interesting approach for sure.

-

...Willbender
A little. It looks like it is going to be the weakest of the Guardian elite-specs, which is already a good reason to have a deep look into it. I mean, a bad Guardian? That is impossible in GW2! And even if that really is the case, it offers a lot of options for theme-based character designs.

...Bladesworn
Current state = no. Too powerful. 

...Vindicator
Current state = no. Too powerful.

...Virtuoso
Played Mesmer a few times, interesting playstyle. I have made a Virtuoso build, I am definitely playing once the spec is available permanently. Looking forward to playing it and creating a proper DMC Vergil character for once.

...Catalyst
Absolutely like this spec, even before the announced adjustments. It has potential and I'm looking forward to tickling out a few of its hidden powers.

...Harbinger
BORING. Seriously, this spec looks like they ran out of ideas. "How about we invert Necromancer as a whole?" That is Harbinger for me :S.

...Mechanist
I like everything with this spec. Even losing the toolbelt-skills sounds reasonable and fair to me. Although I am a 9-years Engineer main. Weird, I know ^^.

...Untamed
I do not really get the concept of having an on/off button, when you want to never use it to turn it off. 

...Specter
Tried several times, just do not get this class at all. Especially the option to attack allies looks weird.

...Skiffs
Hanging around with friends on a boat? Sounds good. They also seem to have foreseen some of the possible exploits and bugs. I'm curious.

...Fishing
Skeptical. Fishing is hyped to carry the expansion, the same level of hype as they used with mounts in PoF. But we are talking about a mere minigame in other MMORPGs.

...Siege Turtle
Depends on its utility. So far we have no bad mount. Even the Warclaw has its moments. If there is one thing they are good at, it is designing mounts. Curious.

...Cantha as the setting of EoD
The DR Great Collapse is still stuck in my head. They always try to offend no one and please every audience. So I fear Cantha will be a downwashed version of GW1. I doubt the fun will suffer from it, but the atmosphere may not be as good as if the developers had full freedom with their work.

...Intro-Island
No clue at all.

...Alliances
Skeptical. Looking at how the beta not happened. I've given up that hope long ago. If it turns out to be good, I may give it a try. If not, I will not be disappointed. 

...Focused on replayability
If they use PoF as an example, it will be great. I've spend most of my playtime in those maps and still enjoy doing stuff there. It was a lucky strike, but I think it can be done again.

...Mount-Taxis
Played ToR. This was one of the features I really liked about the game. Worked for me. More entertaining than an instant teleport via a waypoint.

...Springer and Raptor availability
 I've seen the Sunqua Peak fractal and I hope we get something similar with map-design. Even with mounts, it would remain challenging and fun. They also know good ways to make map-sections special, so mounts cause more problems than they solve. Looking forward to it.

...Continuation of Strike Missions
Following the development of instanced content with great interest. Looking forward to it, but my hopes are quite low. Basically depends on the execution of the point below.

...Difficulty settings for Strike Missions
Can work out. Looking forward to it. I will not judge it until I have been able to test it. 

• Confused 2

I'm not hyped. I rarely am. GW2 is much too inconsistent, yet redundant, and all over the place for me to be hyped about it. 

I still pre-ordered, because GW2 is fun enough to continue playing when I'm bored (over other games), and in an MMO I prefer to play the current content (mostly because that's where everyone else will be sitting).

I am positive the expansion will be okay.

Though I would've have preferred Icebrood Saga as an expansion with some of the EoD features and a not-bad second half.

In general, I would prefer tying up all the loose ends (there would be so many great stories to pick from) and polishing the game over more inconsistent and probably unfinished new content.

Edited by deatine.2498
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

No pvp news, no major rebalance news, WvW beta boutta flop again. 

Those are the real things I want to hear come with the expansion/expansion lvl but silence. 

They did announce Rebalancing in the first introduction from the old staff return, they said they're splitting their team into a Live and Expansion development team and closer to EoD Drop we're susposed to see Some big Rebalancing. theres no point rebalancing the speccs before They make their line with EoDS realistically.. because it'd only require a Second Rebalancing upon their launch.. their better off waiting and balancing when the New Elites are here so they all get balanced.

Although they have launched a bunch of EoD Speccs that look like they're susposed to be competitive with core speccs without information weather they intend to nerf current speccs down to this point aswell realistically which in all honesty could put out alot of fires on the forums currently.

WvWvW im sure will flop several times, its being beta'd continously for a reason, they're expecting to have to work on it and keep tuning it prior its offical launch. but tbh once its cemented in does hold some value to GvG Ability and more effectively...

PvP News? Im unsure what u exactly mean here as PvP cant really change... they could launch more maps.. but it doesnt really need  more Maps.PvP News and Balance news are effectively the same thing.. as the only thing in any MMORPG That qualifys as PvP news is balancing.

Gonna take alot to undo the PoF and HoTs negative effect on Spvp though. both Expansions of Elites are gonna need some Serious Reducing in power level to manage. we got Builds effectively doing 2 roles... and making other roles obselete.. among more.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1