Gem Shop crashes the game

49 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

How very odd.  Perhaps those with this issue are using the same anti-virus program? Or the same overlay, such as Discord?  Some setting in-game that you share? Something you all have in common?

as you may read before - it depends on account. One account on particular PC is crashing and other is not ... So no antivirus or other things involved. And clearly - I checked crash dump - and there are only GW things in crashing callstack ...

I also am having the same issue with crashing after opening the gem store. It happens whether I press "O" or click the icon. I submitted a ticket and reported the crash with the window that pops up once it crashes. I recently used the currency exchange feature and bought gems with gold and since then the gem store crashes. I'm not sure if that's relevant, but now I can't spend my gems :(

I have the same issue. It is related to the gem store on one account. If I open the the Trading Post (at a BLTC-NPC), everything works as normal. I can also switch to the Currency exchange, but when I switch to the Gem store, the game crashes after loading the top half of the page, just before the "--New Items-- --Promotions-- --Featured Items --" line.

Logging in on a different account on the same machine does not have this issue.

Hi.  I haven't really been able to play for a couple weeks due to some surgery that went bad, but I've been trying since yesterday and it is crashing every time I try to open the gem store.

After reading about everyone else having the same issue, I am disappointed to not see an official response from ANET.

4 hours ago, PhantomSpirit.9157 said:

Has anyone come up with a solution for this issue, i've been crashing like crazy every time i try to open the gem store regardless of what changes I make to the config, also no addons.

I am in the same boat... looks like the bug has hit a new wave accounts. Very sad day...

Based on the previous forum posts it seems the issue is server side and will eventually resolve itself...

Edited by Lujuanji.7284