Gem Shop crashes the game

Experiencing the same issue...  Never had this problem occur until AFTER the Halloween Event ended and the update occurred.  Every time I try to access the Gem Store (when I click on the gem in the Trading Post), the game immediately crashes.  I only have one account; this issue occurs when I use both my desktop and laptop.  Help!  I wanna buy stuff at the Gem Store and I can't! ☹️

• Like 1

Almost forgot - sometimes when I launch the game (ever since the last update on Nov 9; this had never happened before the last update), the game begins to load and then goes to a "black screen."  The cursor goes from the "hand" icon to a traditional "pointer" icon and the screen is black; the music plays in the background.  When this happens, I am unable to use task manager to end the game; I have to perform a ctrl/alt/delete restart.

I suggest to use the most low graphic options and try to see if something change. Before to buy an ssd this problem affected my gameplay all time, seamply using the TP that seem to be the most heavy thing to use in the game. 
Anyway TP is the thing that in all my experience gave me more problems. 

(well also in the forum there is some problem, it posted my post 3 time more.)

Edited by Carmine.6873

I suggest to use the most low graphic options and try to see if something change. Before to buy an ssd this problem affected my gameplay all time, seamply using the TP that seem to be the most heavy thing to use in the game. 

Just started having this issue today and submitted a ticket.

Any attempt to load the gem store results in a crash that seems specifically tied to my account, not my computer. A friend was able to load the gem store just fine on their account but upon trying to load it on mine had it immediately crash. Same computer with the same mods installed, but my account crashed while theirs did not.

The TP seems untouched and can be accessed via NPC, but if I accidentally tap O my game dies.

Repairing archive, removing dx912pxy, and restarting my computer did nothing and a complete reinstall seems pointless to attempt as the problem is clearly tied to the account, not the game.

I have been logging into GW2 everyday for months now just out of habit of keeping up with dailies, festivals, and living world re-releases. This morning was the first time I've had serious crashing in ages.

EDIT: The response from my ticket was basically "we know of this issue but have no idea how long it will take to fix." At least they were timely in their general unhelpfulness? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Guess I've just gotta unlearn the muscle memory of pressing O to get to the tp for now.

Edited by Keesune.8742
  • Like 1