Quality of players

Aza.2105

Is it me or are the quality of players much lower than it use to be? There are players who go for lord at the beginning of foefire map,  thief players who do not decap but choose to team fight mid,  players who absolutely no dmg, bring no team utility and only serve to feed enemy teams. Its kind of interesting. Maybe other players here experiences are different. But I've been playing since launch and I've never seen the quality of players at a all time low like it is now. 

Between this and bots, its crazy. Around 5 of my placement matches this season were with bots. 

Edited by Aza.2105
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I did Ranked experiment on NA (due to bot rummors) and my placement games were horrible games like:

1. I had one match with bots and I was the only player there, unless there was someone as bad as bots.
  2. People did really awful rotations and cap decaps like losing maps while murdering enemies left and right.
  3. I lost at least 3 due to someone on my team leaving match when we were at least 100 points ahead and ready to snowball.

On my way to plat game quality was raising. Had at least one match that was decided last second (enemies winning due tick, before I finished stomp that would give us victory otherwise, the must fun game of entire play session) and few close nice matches. The lower rating the more stomps.

• Like 1

What you guys are experiencing is not a sudden influx of 4 year old gamers. It's just multi-window bots doing throw tactics for the guy controlling them on other team, or in some cases organized win trading between human players on alts.

Even in first month of year 1 players weren't doing the kinds of stupid things you see now. That oughta tell you something.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

What you guys are experiencing is not a sudden influx of 4 year old gamers. It's just multi-window bots doing throw tactics for the guy controlling them on other team, or in some cases organized win trading between human players on alts.

Even in first month of year 1 players weren't doing the kinds of stupid things you see now. That oughta tell you something.

Imho you're wrong. I watched your past stream recording for a bit when you played your placement matches, and you simply did it wrong. I mean, you played very good for role you picked, much better than would I, but the thing is, you never should go for side noding or solo roaming during your placement matches as you may start at potato rating where you're needed in team fights to carry them, as otherwise wierd kittens can happen 😞

• Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Aza.2105 said:

thief players who do not decap but choose to team fight mid

Man, every day I go through this. Thief players going mid while the enemy base is free. Ok there can be some arguing about thief having individual pressure on teamfights, but the decap potential + survival tools + speed to move for the next objetive is simply unmatchable and definitely game changing.

Whenever I go thief I jump from base to base and I only step on mid if the enemy has no capped bases or for fast +1 fights.The result is permanent pressure no matter how is the game going.

I understand people play what they want and do what they want while playing, but if you are playing ranked you should have some common sense to try to exploit the potential of your class.

• Like 1

People that know what they are doing also know that the game isn't balanced in such a way that it rewards them for knowing what they are doing.

So the playerbase is now people that don't know any better, and the people buying titles to show off to those people that can't understand them, that the Anet banwave missed.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

Even participation does need better calculation.

There's even that may not even count your participation if all you do is focus on the mechanic, like bringing stuff to an NPC, yet all you need is to tag a single enemy that gets killed by someone else, and you get gold participation.  

So a player that just hit an enemy once and ran away gets the the event rewards and 200 map bonus rewards, and the one player that broke their back gathering all the stuff needed for event success ends up rewarded with getting the surprised Pikachu face, and nothing else. 

Players that are just coasting on other player's efforts should get bronze participation much more often, and bronze participation should mean reduced rewards also from daily chests. 

For example, sitting still at the Behemoth and never attacking any of the portals should make you more likely to get bronze and no rewards from the daily chest. 

• Confused 1

On 10/27/2021 at 9:54 AM, Aza.2105 said:

Is it me or are the quality of players much lower than it use to be? There are players who go for lord at the beginning of foefire map,  thief players who do not decap but choose to team fight mid,  players who absolutely no dmg, bring no team utility and only serve to feed enemy teams. Its kind of interesting. Maybe other players here experiences are different. But I've been playing since launch and I've never seen the quality of players at a all time low like it is now. 

Between this and bots, its crazy. Around 5 of my placement matches this season were with bots. 

It was bad and it is geting worse season after season.
Good players quiting (way play the game? No new maps, no new classes, no new specs, no new modes, etc) and new ones has no idea about roles, mechanics and rotations or where to learn those things.

I just chill on unranked and play tournaments.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:29 AM, Telgum.6071 said:

Man, every day I go through this. Thief players going mid while the enemy base is free. Ok there can be some arguing about thief having individual pressure on teamfights, but the decap potential + survival tools + speed to move for the next objetive is simply unmatchable and definitely game changing.

Whenever I go thief I jump from base to base and I only step on mid if the enemy has no capped bases or for fast +1 fights.The result is permanent pressure no matter how is the game going.

I understand people play what they want and do what they want while playing, but if you are playing ranked you should have some common sense to try to exploit the potential of your class.

99% of thief players on NA are really terrible.

I’ve played a total of ten games. I’m one of those players dragging down the quality, but I’m learning!

Now that I’ve finished my ten first games. The Sorting Hat has sagaciously determined my house to be low Silver.

Some day I hope to be one of those moaning about “the quality of players these days” with a knowing headshake.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I’ve played a total of ten games. I’m one of those players dragging down the quality, but I’m learning!

Now that I’ve finished my ten first games. The Sorting Hat has sagaciously determined my house to be low Silver.

Some day I hope to be one of those moaning about “the quality of players these days” with a knowing headshake.

Protect this person with every low CD skill you have

• Haha 1