Blog about upcoming strike missions and their CMs

31 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Even if the eitrite gave you merchant value you'd still be making roughly 2g/3 min which is ~40g/hour.

Show the math. Subtract the added value from selling the weapons, add in the value from vending (measing 64c) and divide by 3mins. Just shy of 2 of the gold comes from those essence chests and most of that is the Eitrite. I'm not sure I believe this, and you're the one making the claim, so the onus is on you to prove it. 

Also don't forget the Prophet Crystals are a daily, so those aren't part of the reward either, and you're not taking into account loading times, etc. GW2 fast farming is great, I use it all the time, but you can't just take it at face values. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

Show the math. Subtract the added value from selling the weapons, add in the value from vending (measing 64c) and divide by 3mins. Just shy of 2 of the gold comes from those essence chests and most of that is the Eitrite. Also, the same issue may apply to eternal ice shards, they assume plaguedoctor gear conversions. BUt before we talk about that, I'm not even sure I believe this, and you're the one making the claim, so the onus is on you to prove it. 

2-3 rare unids + 75s from strongboxes and coppers you  get is already roughly 2g liquid as any given rare is around 20-30s.

The site states Voice and Claw profit is 2.46g , 60s from eitrite when you put everything on insta-buy so indeed it is shy of 2g.

Same goes for Boneskinner, it's just shy of 2g and even if you take 5 minutes for it it would be on par with Halloween farms which are stated on the site originally as 20g/hour.

Also the prophet crystals have low risk due to stabilized prophet crystals having value due to the Footsteps collections.

If you have questions about the dataset I'm sure their discord would be more than happy to help you, I have asked them questions in the past. It was because of my suggestion that quickness scrapper was added.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

The site states Voice and Claw profit is 2.46g , 60s from eitrite when you put everything on insta-buy so indeed it is shy of 2g.

I've already shown this is unsustainable. 

Also the prophet crystals have low risk due to stabilized prophet crystals having value due to the Footsteps collections.

This is irrelevant, I'm pointing out they're not farmable, they're part of the daily. 

2-3 rare unids + 75s from strongboxes and coppers you  get is already roughly 2g liquid as any given rare is around 20-30s.

It's not 3, they show 2, but I've only ever seen 1, even with gold completion. 

Another nail in the coffin is they give a separate number for farming(outside of dailies) and it's 20g/hr including Eitrite. Have at it, if you really believe yourself!

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

I've already shown this is unsustainable. 

This is irrelevant, I'm pointing out they're not farmable, they're part of the daily. 

It's not 3, they show 2, but I've only ever seen 1, even with gold completion. 

Another nail in the coffin is they give a separate number for farming(outside of dailies) and it's 20g/hr including Eitrite. Have at it, if you really believe yourself!

The 60s is not included in the number. Also why would you do it more than once per day?

Most people do fast 5 in LFG.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Infusion.7149 said:

The 60s is not included in the number. Also why would you do it more than once per day?

Most people do fast 5 in LFG.

When you say numbers like 60g/hr, in my mind, you're talking about farming it at that rate, there's lots of things that give a lot of value in very little time. And fast 5 wouldn't include all daily rewards, you only get a prophet shard in 1 of them, so it'd be inaccurate to just tally all 5 and call it good. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

When you say numbers like 60g/hr, in my mind, you're talking about farming it at that rate, there's lots of things that give a lot of value in very little time. And fast 5 wouldn't include all daily rewards, you only get a prophet shard in 1 of them, so it'd be inaccurate to just tally all 5 and call it good. 

Repeating raids like I've been doing doesn't even give you gold. So your statement regarding raiding being better is just as false unless your idea is to play the game once a week for a few hours.

The page about strikes reads " daily completion" not the daily strike.

Noobflakes responded to my question and said the following in their discord:

the achievement daily for the strikes isnt really daily

so its first time

Which confirms this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

When you say numbers like 60g/hr, in my mind, you're talking about farming it at that rate,

No, the purpose of using "gph" is to have the common denominator for the sake of comparison between the different content. If you want to repeatedly grind something then you pick accordingly, but gph still applies in both cases, whether it's farmable non-stop or not.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Repeating raids like I've been doing doesn't even give you gold. So your statement regarding raiding being better is just as false unless your idea is to play the game once a week for a few hours.

The page about strikes reads " daily completion" not the daily strike.

Noobflakes responded to my question and said the following in their discord:

Which confirms this.

Your entire premise of 60g/hr was misstated to being with.

If I'm fast, I can switch from Pinata to ley line in an overflow map and get it in 1 burn, less than about a minute, so ley line beats everything, using your logic, so raids vs. strikes is moot when we're talking g/hr on daily, fast farms. So I'm what 60-80g/hr on LLA? Why are we ranting about strikes then?

I've already covered why noobcakes' numbers are bad. And I'm not wrong that farming them is worse, which was what I was explaining, based on your terrible premise. we're talking in circles at this point on an unclearly communicated premise. Most people don't do all strikes daily, so his numbers are bad in any case, disregarding his terrible information on Eitrite conversions. 

I'm sure I earn more in raids than I do in Strikes now that I do a mixture of both. And if strikes are beating it in any way, I still find my time in raids more valuable because I know I'm earning legendary progression. I can earn gold doing literally anything else.

Also his times are bad: he's assuming gold clears and doesn't account for group forming, etc. 

I'll close with this: if you REALLY think it's better, get your raid friends and knock yourself out. You can believe whatever you want. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

"Why are we ranting about strikes"... I never did, you were the one saying they are not rewarding and then comparing it to once a day openworld PVE events.

Also leeching pinata and hoping for a 10K gold confetti infusion while on average only getting 1 gold of rewards is not a viable gear or gold strategy for most of the playerbase that doesn't have legendary gear.

It is a fact that more groups are formed for strikes than raids , weren't you the one complaining about raid grouping just this past year? I guess the goalposts for complaining shifted to not enough rewards without having data 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Gave it a read.

1. Easy mode for some, hard mode for those that want it.
    1. You have 3 modes. Story, Easy, Challenge. I've seen people ask for exactly this. 
  2. Mode where they can learn the mechanics in prep for harder modes.
    1. Literally the same fight but without some of the mechanics, some things just toned down for the less hard core players. Again seen people ask for this to the letter.  People said strikes and hard fractals weren't a stepping stone for raids because the encounter itself was different and not everything was applicable to passing it. Well here you go!
  3. Still work towards the rewards, even though not doing hard mode, letting them grind out the rewards doing something their skill level / something they more so enjoy.
    1. The amount of times I have seen this...

Aren't all of these things the casual / "easy mode please" community has been asking for for ages?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Gave it a read.

1. Easy mode for some, hard mode for those that want it.
    1. You have 3 modes. Story, Easy, Challenge. I've seen people ask for exactly this. 
  2. Mode where they can learn the mechanics in prep for harder modes.
    1. Literally the same fight but without some of the mechanics, some things just toned down for the less hard core players. Again seen people ask for this to the letter.  People said strikes and hard fractals weren't a stepping stone for raids because the encounter itself was different and not everything was applicable to passing it. Well here you go!
  3. Still work towards the rewards, even though not doing hard mode, letting them grind out the rewards doing something their skill level / something they more so enjoy.
    1. The amount of times I have seen this...

Aren't all of these things the casual / "easy mode please" community has been asking for for ages?

YES ... it's finally recognized. Some of the barriers to what makes raids unappealing to casuals are removed/fixed. The most important being a standardization of the mechanics ... the absolute WORST thing about raids is being thrown into completely unfamiliar mechanics for almost every raid. It's renewed my faith that Anet knows their players, and my own assumptions of what demographic those players belong to. 

The only thing that remains to be seen is if the standardization of mechanics extend to new or from existing OW content. It would be ... weird if it didn't. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

YES ... it's finally recognized. Some of the barriers to what makes raids unappealing to casuals are removed/fixed. The most important being a standardization of the mechanics ... the absolute WORST thing about raids is being thrown into completely unfamiliar mechanics for almost every raid. It's renewed my faith that Anet knows their players, and my own assumptions of what demographic those players belong to. 

The only thing that remains to be seen is if the standardization of mechanics extend to new or from existing OW content. It would be ... weird if it didn't. 

So if you were a dev in charge of raid mechanics, we would never see anything new and fresh only same 10 year old game mechanics for the sake of people who are unwilling to spend 2 pulls to learn something they have not seen before? Jesus...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

So if you were a dev in charge of raid mechanics, we would never see anything new and fresh only same 10 year old game mechanics for the sake of people who are unwilling to spend 2 pulls to learn something they have not seen before? Jesus...

That doesn't make sense ... that's not even close to what I said. 

I get it .. you mad because Strikes not Raids, but maybe not let that cloud your ability to read and understand people. Certainly, twisting what I said into your own ridiculous narrative won't change the situation.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

22 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I get it .. you mad because Strikes not Raids, but maybe not let that cloud your ability to read and understand people. Certainly, twisting what I said into your own ridiculous narrative won't change the situation.

Well I do hope each different strike have enw mechanics if not it will be pretty boring after the first one.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well I do hope each different strike have enw mechanics if not it will be pretty boring after the first one.

I agree ... nothing in my post should have given anyone the indication I have a problem with new mechanics. In fact ... I even said I hope standardization of mechanics extend to new or from existing OW content. Somehow some people don't understand what they read because 'ANGRY'. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

11 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I agree ... nothing in my post should have given anyone the indication I have a problem with new mechanics. In fact ... I even said I hope standardization of mechanics extend to new or from existing OW content. Somehow some people don't understand what they read because 'ANGRY'. 

But you did say "The only thing that remains to be seen is if the standardization of mechanics extend to new or from existing OW content. It would be ... weird if it didn't." and if his conclusion about what you meant there is inaccurate then that's because that sentence just reads like that. The vagueness of your post with parts like "my own [unspecified] assumptions" doesn't really help with clearing what you mean in that last sentence. But it sure does sound like you hope that would be the case "because otherwise weird" and I don't think anyone's angry just because they understood it that way.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

57 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

If my post was vague, that's even LESS reason for angry people to interpret however it suits their soapbox. 

Just because you're unable to properly conduct your point, does not mean it makes people angry... maybe just confused. In the future please pay more attention to how you say things instead of throwing temper tantrum that the world does not understand you 😔

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

Just because you're unable to properly conduct your point ...

What I had written was fine the way it was and written in that way on purpose. I am not the one misinterpreting other people's posts here, you are. If what I wrote was not understandable to you ... that is more about your ability to comprehend what you are reading than it is about me properly conducting my point. It's also not a reason to rant ON ME because you don't like strikes replacing raids. 

I mean, I'm wondering if mechanics standardization for strikes is going to extend into OW (because it properly should) ... from that, you are making some weird conclusion about some theoretical scenario that isn't even relevant to the game (because I'm not a dev). Tell me how that's a problem with me again?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

What I had written was fine the way it was and written in that way on purpose. I am not the one misinterpreting other people's posts here, you are. If what I wrote was not understandable to you ... that's definitely not on me. It's also not a reason to rant ON ME because you don't like strikes replacing raids. 

Yes that's totally what I've said... Totally not putting some imaginary points on my behalf ☺️

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

Yes that's totally what I've said... Totally not putting some imaginary points on my behalf ☺️

What's good for the goose is good for the gander ay? Just like I totally never said anything that should lead you to the conclusion if I was a dev in charge of raid mechanics, we would never see anything new and fresh only same 10 year old game mechanics for the sake of people who are unwilling to spend 2 pulls to learn something they have not seen before

I'm hoping Anet doesn't make the same mistake twice; mechanics in endgame group content need to be more familiar with more players if they want strikes to be successful. OW needs to share mechanics with Strikes and vice versa for that to happen. I have NO idea why anyone would find that disagreeable ... but somehow YOU did. I can only assume it's because you angry about raids ... but if it's not that, feel free to do what you are accusing me off ... properly conducting your points

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

What I had written was fine the way it was and written in that way on purpose. I am not the one misinterpreting other people's posts here, you are. If what I wrote was not understandable to you ... that is more about your ability to comprehend what you are reading than it is about me properly conducting my point. It's also not a reason to rant ON ME because you don't like strikes replacing raids. 

I mean, I'm wondering if mechanics standardization for strikes is going to extend into OW (because it properly should) ... from that, you are making some weird conclusion about some theoretical scenario that isn't even relevant to the game (because I'm not a dev). Tell me how that's a problem with me again?

But mechanic standardization was always a thing, maybe with exception of  breakbar being properly explained. Currently we know the basic mechanics of the game are re-explained in the first city of the expansion in the arenas which are part of the "hearts". So what else are you exactly hoping for in OW?

6 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

OW needs to share mechanics with Strikes and vice versa for that to happen. 

No, not really. Well, obviously except for the basics, which they already share because of how the combat in the game works in general, which should be obvious.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But mechanic standardization was always a thing, maybe with exception of  breakbar being properly explained. Currently we know the basic mechanics of the game are re-explained in the first city of the expansion in the arenas which are part of the "hearts". So what else are you exactly hoping for in OW?

I don't get this question. I'm not hoping for anythingin OW. I'm saying that standardized mechanics are good ... and they are even better if the people Anet wants to do be doing strikes is familiar with them. Seems the best way to ensure that is standardize mechanics between OW and Strikes. 

I mean, if you disagree that OW and strikes need to share mechanics to encourage casual players to do strikes and be more comfortable doing strikes ... then how do you suggest this happens? I don't see any other way for that to happen ... and if casual players don't get that encouragement and comfort level ... then how are strikes not going to get the same result as raids did?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't get this question. I'm not hoping for anythingin OW.

Considering you've repeatedly said you're "hoping for...[things related to OW]" in your posts above, I can't say you're being honest here, but w/e.

I'm saying that standardized mechanics are good ... and they are even better if the people Anet wants to do be doing strikes is familiar with them. Seems the best way to ensure that is standardize mechanics between OW and Strikes. 

But it doesn't need to homogenize ow/strikes, because these are different types of content. OW doesn't need to be a tutorial for strikes, since that's already supposedly taken care of by having story bosses -> strikes -> cm strikes as the natural learning curve. OW has nothing to do with that, both of these are their own things and that's ok.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3