Figuring out main prof, looking for advice!

voxrar.2859

3 hours ago, voxrar.2859 said:

Still uncertain. I got it to Holosmith, Renegade, or Mirage. All see pretty fun. Feel a bit squishy on Holo. I do if I do not dodge right on Mirage. Rev has some good condi but all the swapping seems like alot for my simple brain. 

Fun factor is definitely the best way to decide what to spend the most time on.  And don't worry, my reptile brain barely handles revenant. 

Try taking holosmith and mirage out into the Silverwates, Verdent Brink, and Crystal Oasis.  Play like a crazy person and see how far you can go on them before getting downed.  Keep pushing the limits.  This may help you figure out which one was the most fun to play on.

Another way is to solo champions wherever you find them.  .

Good luck and have fun!

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 1:18 PM, voxrar.2859 said:

Sorry. Its just something burned into my from back in my WoW days. I just want one main to focus on and get really good at rather than waste time leveling and gearing something I won't like. 

Generally of the two I would suggest holosmith because p/p Deadeye is fun but its not really well suited for certain content like raids, fractals, etc. In those a Holosmith or as thief you would usually go staff or d/d Daredevil or once in a while maybe even rifle DE. So at least if you want to leave your options open Holo is one of the best power dps in endgame and also a solid class for wvw/pvp and openworld for that matter. Scrapper is also loads of fun. GL either is fun so its just a matter of deciding your goals.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 2:11 PM, voxrar.2859 said:

Still uncertain. I got it to Holosmith, Renegade, or Mirage. All see pretty fun. Feel a bit squishy on Holo. I do if I do not dodge right on Mirage. Rev has some good condi but all the swapping seems like alot for my simple brain. 

Renegade is good too and fits pretty well into most all endgame content. So does holo. However, Mirage is pigeonholed as condi for endgame and even then its often not the best condi or alac option. So I would say holo or Renegade. They can all be fun.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, voxrar.2859 said:

Wanna throw this out there cause I am dumb. If anything goes in Open world/ low end pve... Is Rifle warrior any good? I kinda like the kit and berserker ability for rifle is pretty fun. 

It's been a few years, but, there is a video out there of someone soloing the molten boss fractal on a rifle berserker.