Amazon Prime Code Available Until 24th. November

If you've been collecting the free Living World Story Episodes on a free to play account, with the intention of maybe upgrading it to a paid account one day, then this is a great opportunity to get that upgrade for free:  Guild Wars 2: Heroic Edition - Offer Ends November 24th. 

What is included in this offer?
Drop 5 includes the Heroic Edition, which contains Guild Wars 2 (core version), a set of armor (Profane Armor Skin, Krytan Armor Skin or Primeval Armor Skin based on your character's profession), 18 Slot Mithril Box and 4x Heroic Boosters (grants both experience & item booster benefits for 2 hours). You must redeem the Heroic Edition by January 31, 2022; otherwise, it will expire.

Promotional Item: Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition
Codes can be redeemed to create a new account, or to upgrade a free Guild Wars 2 account into a full, paid Guild Wars 2 account. ...

Heroic Chest

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

One point of major importance, at least as far as Living World goes:

This offer is the core game only, meaning it provides unlimited access to content that existed PRIOR to the release of the first expansion, Heart of Thorns. This means that only Living World Season 2 is playable, which is already accessible to Free Accounts.

If you want to use this offer to upgrade a free account, here are the restrictions that will be lifted for you.

It's a great offer that costs nothing, so if you have a free account or are thinking about creating a new one for the login rewards, by all means, do grab it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Does it actually upgrade a Play4Free account?  Has someone tried to do so?

Or does it just give you the Heroic Edition items?

I don't have a Play4Free account, and I used to code to get the items for my alt account, so I can't test it. 

I haven't done it with this specific promotion but I used a Heroic Edition code from a previous promotion on a free account and it upgraded it to a full core game account and gave the Heroic Edition items. I can't see any reason these promo codes would be different from the ones used in previous promotions.

It did take a few days after that for all the restrictions to be lifted, but once the code was applied it was just a matter of waiting. (It's the same delay as when you set up a brand new account.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Did you use the code on your Account Management page, and not in-game?  It only works on the Account Management page (where you log into your account). 

Ahh this I wasn't aware of. Trying to do it in game. Thanks for the info 😄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MikeG.6389 said:

One point of major importance, at least as far as Living World goes:

This offer is the core game only, meaning it provides unlimited access to content that existed PRIOR to the release of the first expansion, Heart of Thorns. This means that only Living World Season 2 is playable, which is already accessible to Free Accounts.

If you want to use this offer to upgrade a free account, here are the restrictions that will be lifted for you.

It's a great offer that costs nothing, so if you have a free account or are thinking about creating a new one for the login rewards, by all means, do grab it.

Re: the Living World, it's an important distinction that I should have mentioned, despite being a sensitive issue. 😔

I'm hoping that those who have been collecting the Episodes are aware, but either can't afford to buy an expansion just now, or they're sitting on the fence, undecided. Given the chance to experience the game without those a/m restrictions is a nice bonus either way. 

Hopefully, it encourages those who are sitting on the fence re: purchasing Path of Fire and / or End of Dragons. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I don't have a Play4Free account, and I used to code to get the items for my alt account, so I can't test it. 

I haven't tried, but according to Guild Wars 2 Support, the code can be used to upgrade a f2p account into a paid account, which matches this Amazon Prime offer, same details, so I feel pretty confident that it does.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stelawrat.6589 said:

I haven't tried, but according to Guild Wars 2 Support, the code can be used to upgrade a f2p account into a paid account, which matches this Amazon Prime offer, same details, so I feel pretty confident that it does.  

Indeed, it does. I wonder if that page is new, created just for this promotion. (I hadn't seen it before, and I spend a fair amount of time in the Knowledge Base).  It does exactly match the instructions on the Prime Gaming page.

So, I'm confident it does upgrade an account. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I have upgraded a year-old free account with this promotion before I left my previous post. Now, I just have to wait for the limitations of a new account to pass in a few days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1