Ranger NEEDS Profession Skill Bindings 1-9

Wild.1705

Currently under the key bindings we have have :

Profession skill 1

Profession skill 2

Profession skill 3

Profession skill 4

Profession skill 5

they need to add profession 6 and 7, but if ArenaNet is not lazy (ArenaNet, please don't be lazy) then they will add profession skill bindings going up to 9

Default bindings on ranger should be as follows:

Profession skill 1: Attack command

Profession skill 2: Pet skill 1

Profession skill 3: Pet skill 2

Profession skill 4: Pet skill 3

Profession skill 5: Return to me command

Profession skill 6: Pet swap

Profession skill 7: Elite specialization mechanic (Astral form, Beastmode, Unleashed)

Profession skill 8: Toggle behavior of pet

Profession skill 9: Stow pet

You can re-key bind these however you want of course, but at least now you have the option

I suppose toggle pet behavior and stow pet dont need to be considered part of the profession mechanic and have key binds elsewhere. Leaving 1-7 for the profession mechanic.

However, I argue for 1-9 because it is literally part of the rangers profession mechanis UI.

Edited by Wild.1705
My arguement for all keybindings that deal with the pets to be considered part of rangers profession mechanic.
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Aleksander Suburb.4287 said:

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. It is just too much key management. 9 profession skill keys, 10 skill keys, additional keys for mount, switch weapon etc. And you must coordinate all this keys in a fight.

You almost never need toggle pet behavior or stow pet (should still he able to keybind them). On top of that, I am in support of the ability to control click any of the pet skills (or all of them) setting them to auto cast.

If you auto casted F2-4 and never use toggle behavior or stow you are only using 4 mechanic keys.

The 4 would be:

Pet attack command

Pet return

Pet swap

Special mechanic (Beastmode, Celestial avatar, ect.)

The Idea is that if a player wanted more control over the pet the options are at least there.