So What Elite Spec you want next?

EdwinLi.1284

So now Mech Elite Spec is finally out of the way.

What Elite Spec you hope for next?

For me personally I hope to see a Wrist Launcher Elite Spec that use Greatsword as the Weapon. Maybe even make the Greatsword a Range attack weapon instead of Melee.

Wrist Launcher function can act like a second Toolbelt skill but the skills are based on wrist launcher theme. F5 can act as the switch between toolbelts and wrist launcher skills. 

Wrist Launcher skills can be based on Utility skill just like toolbelts or can be based on what Trait in the Elite Spec Trait tree is chosen with the chosen trait also affecting the Main Weapon function.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Corroder

Engineers who focused on the vile aspects of their alchemy, they became true masters of chemical warfare. This elite spec has a focus on condition damage (and unlike mechanist, will finally make us less dependant from kits for Condi damage...), stealth and boon removal.

It represents the engineer/thief dual classing theme.

• weapon: dual wielded axes - corroders picked up the axe as a symbol of how their acids and other deadly concoctions will rend the flesh of their enemies, the skin is an axe covered in acid and with a flask of green liquid integrated
  • armor skin: corroder's  wake - boots skin with some small valves on the sides, spreading a green gas on the floor.
  • utility skill type: preparations - skills which install different devices to spread their chemicals on the battlefield. The arming time is short, but if you wait additional time to let them build up before you trigger them, then you get rewarded with even more powerful effects.
  • class mechanicchem-belt, the f5 ability makes your toolbelt skills (f1-f4) flip over to a new set of toolbelt skills specific for the corroder. One of these skills is the chem-fog, which is a combo field which surrounds the corroder and will grow in size over it's duration. The chem-fog can get adjusted through a trait choice to either be a poison (condition damage), smoke (stealth) or ethereal (boon removal) combo field.
Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dreamers

Engineers that focus themselves on using powerful drugs that let them bring their fantasms to reality.

Mechanic: Drugbelt: Each F skills have a powerful drug that bring up raw emotion to a level they can manifest. Drawback: You gain immunity stack reducing the effect of the drugs if they are abused.

F1: Bliss drug: Bring to reality a pink haze that heal you and you close allies every second (max tic 5. Every other instance of immunity reduce number of tic by 1. CD increased for each instance of immunity).

F2: Wrath drug: Bring to reality a yellow haze that strike nearby foes with powerful lightning strike every second (max tic 5. Every other instance of immunity reduce number of tic by 1. CD increased for each instance of immunity).

F3: Hungering drug: Bring to reality a dark haze that drain life from foes every seconds.  (max tic 5. Every other instance of immunity reduce number of tic by 1. CD increased for each instance of immunity).

F4: Pride drug: Bring to reality a blazing haze that bring you and your allies with confidence granting alacrity every seconds (max tic 5. Every other instance of immunity reduce number of tic by 1. CD increased for each instance of immunity).

F5: Brooding drug: Bring to reality a brown haze that destroy incoming projectile and rip your foe's boons. (max tic 5. Every other instance of immunity reduce number of tic by 1. CD increased for each instance of immunity)

The spec traits would grant the engineer bonuses by immunity stacks like strike/condi damage reduction, raw stats... etc.

Utilities would consume stacks of immunity to give self boons and reduce Drugbelt skills CD by a set amount of time. The goal being to try to get the most optimal "immunity" uptime for your intended gameplay through CD management with the spec's utility (obviously you need the trait to make it worth your investment). You might want low immunity to benefit from longer duration of the effects of your drugs or high immunity to benefit from the passive buff that this immunity bring you.

Focus as weapon with skills that have a similar fonction as the utilities.

• Sad 1

I want a ranged spec. We got three melee weapon specs.

Give Engie dual scepters but instead of magic they use it like Tesla coils and shoots lightning out of it. Shame the scrapper is already lightning themed.

Or maybe make the next spec firefighter theme, the engie gets lots of water and steam abilities. And dual wield axes as throwing axes.

Or a crossbow as a new weapon because regular bows are too primitive and ancient and crossbows are more hi tech and cool than caveman bows.

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Corroder

Engineers who focused on the vile aspects of their alchemy, they became true masters of chemical warfare. This elite spec has a focus on condition damage (and unlike mechanist, will finally make us less dependant from kits for Condi damage...), stealth and boon removal.

It represents the engineer/thief dual classing theme.

• weapon: dual wielded axes - corroders picked up the axe as a symbol of how their acids and other deadly concoctions will rend the flesh of their enemies, the skin is an axe covered in acid and with a flask of green liquid integrated
  • armor skin: corroder's  wake - boots skin with some small valves on the sides, spreading a green gas on the floor.
  • utility skill type: preparations - skills which install different devices to spread their chemicals on the battlefield. The arming time is short, but if you wait additional time to let them build up before you trigger them, then you get rewarded with even more powerful effects.
  • class mechanicchem-belt, the f5 ability makes your toolbelt skills (f1-f4) flip over to a new set of toolbelt skills specific for the corroder. One of these skills is the chem-fog, which is a combo field which surrounds the corroder and will grow in size over it's duration. The chem-fog can get adjusted through a trait choice to either be a poison (condition damage), smoke (stealth) or ethereal (boon removal) combo field.

I like the idea of flipping the toolbelt skills. But noooo, we just *had* to get a crowd-pleaser kittening mech pet kitten.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I really like the Mechanist and from what I have played will give me all the fun I want for the different modes.

That said I could see a spec that mixes Magic with Tech. Not sure if the Jade Tech already fills that but otherwise I could see it within an Astrology theming or so and with a staff.

Hawkeye like class with Longbow where you lose your toolbelt skills but your utilities arm your main weapons. Like how Hawkeye has different arrows, you would also get different arrows or projectiles. As you can see it would be a very projectile heavy class.

Personally I would like a core class revamp. With some new core class weapons, Axe or Scepter for mainhand, Warhorn, Focus could be cool offhand and gives us a bit more choice. Turret overhaul (more like Renegade utilities). Otherwise the spec is fine of course.

But the chance of that happening is almost zero.

Edited by RobinotX.1604

I think Anet should rework all the current e-specs and classes first.  Then...

Add a 4th trait line to all classes specifically for Combat Mounts.  Each class gets a unique combat mount elite spec that can be used with both core or another elite spec.  So, Engineer could play Core/Scrapper/Holosmith/Mechanist Gundam, while Necro could play Core/Reaper/Scourge/Harbinger Poltergeist... or stuff like that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

So now Mech Elite Spec is finally out of the way.

However, I want another Mech spec. With a mech I can pilot.

INNOVATOR

Engineer who accumulates power charge to summon and pilot a powerful siege-mech.

WEAPON: STAFF

1200 range, power based weapon with lighting attacks. Not a main focus if this spec.

MECHANIC: SIEGE MECH

Engineer has a Shroud-like bar, which fills up with time (and some traits) and acts as a second health bar for Mech, which is summoned by pressing F5. Mech could be summoned ti target location (600 range from Engineer) and Engineer leaps to Mech to enter it.

When Mech is summoned, Engineer weapon skills are replaced with Mech weapon skills, Toolbelt is replaced with special Mech skills. Healing, utility and elite skills are unavailable inside Mech, just like in case of Necro's Shroud.
Mech is much more durable, than Necro in Shroud, and its uptime is longer, but Mech cannot dodge and most of its abilities slows or limits its mobility.

SIEGE MECH ABILITIES

#1 - Hammerfist

A powerful attack, that deals damage to foes in melee range and does not slows mech. With Traits it can be replaced with Sawblade, focused of Bleeding.

#2 - Auto-cannon

Shoot three explosive rounds with 1200 range. Channel time is 2 seconds. This ability has no CD and can be spammed for long range combat, but it slows Mech by 50%.

#3 - Artillery Barrage

Bombard a targeted area with hail of rockets from Mech's back launcher. 1200 range. Channel time is 3 seconds, during which Mech is immobile. Has CD. Can be modified with traits.

#4 Stomp

Mech stomps the ground and applies a powerful CC on nearby foes. Maybe a stun or knockdown or launch. Has pretty long cast time and obvious animation, but also a pretty huge radius. Has CD.

#5 Power Jump
After a brief delay, Mech jumps to targeted area, dealing damage upon landing. 900 range. Has significant CD.

F1 Self-repair.
Mech self-repairs some of its health and cures conditions. Channel time is something like 2 or 3 seconds. Mech health is no drained during this channel. This ability slows Mech by 50% for its duration. Has significant CD.

F2 Power Shield

Mech grants itself Aegis. Has Pretty slow CD. This is basically Mech's alternative to Dodge.

F3 Field Genetrator

Mech project a defensive dome around it, which reflects projectiles. During this ability Mech is immobile.

F4 Overclock

Drains some of Mech's health to grant it Quickness, Fury and Power.

F5 Self-Destruct

Engineer exits the Mech and leaps to target location. After some delay, Mech explodes, dealing massive damage in area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like it if there was an elite specialization that aimed to synergize with utility skills, toolbelt skills, weapons, and traits that the engineer has been struggling to synergize with for a long time. The core engineer is a midranged fighter, but the current and new elite specializations are melee fighters or melee ranged support. It's really hard to synergize core kiting abilities with melee engagement.

• Thanks 1

I’m a pretty new player and this is going to be weird but I kinda want to seee a longbow spec. Just cause the short mortar range makes me wish I had that ranger distance. 

my idea would be a true mech spec so you go into the mech like a holosmith ability but it has a health pool like the mechanist. 

once the mech dies or gets undone you go into ranged mode.

the mech would be all melee and Tanky and have a longish cast time so people aren’t quickly switching from tank to ranged kinda like a build up and build down animation. 

That’s just my idea 

8 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Iam not sure UNTAMED is a tank spec. Seem like another DPS spec with a new hammer. Was built to simulate some boring GW1 nostalgic value. Thats what held back the Untamed.

CMC literally said in the presentation that untamed is supposed to be a tanky frontline bruiser.

It is also all over their design. Sources of stability, rewards for ccing enemies, healing for all strike damage they deal (similar mechanic like scrapper's barrier generation), several damage reductions, etc.

There is quite alot of tankiness there, the problem is the lack of infinitely scaling defense like evades/blocks. Not sure why they have chosen to not give hammer any of these tools.

36 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Not sure why they have chosen to not give hammer any of these tools.

Probably because some of the core weapons already provide that (GS have a block and an evade, dagger offf hand have an evade, sword have an evade, even short bow have an evade frame). So they chose to focus on CC for the hammer which is kinda understandable.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:29 AM, Fotizzile.2041 said:

I’m a pretty new player and this is going to be weird but I kinda want to seee a longbow spec. Just cause the short mortar range makes me wish I had that ranger distance. 

my idea would be a true mech spec so you go into the mech like a holosmith ability but it has a health pool like the mechanist. 

once the mech dies or gets undone you go into ranged mode.

the mech would be all melee and Tanky and have a longish cast time so people aren’t quickly switching from tank to ranged kinda like a build up and build down animation. 

That’s just my idea 

Honestly, I was expect a Longbow or Shortbow elite spec ever since the reveal of the 1st set of Elite Spec. Tech arrows is such a ideal Engineer Elite Spec option.

It would be a ideal weapon of choice for a Trap type Engineer Elite Spec to a point they may go the Rambo theme with it.

However, my desire is more on a Greatsword Elite Spec as the option for maybe a Elite Spec focus on modifying Main Weapons so the Main Weapon skills changes based on Elite Spec mechanic choices and potentially a Wrist Launcher to change up toolbelt functions in unique ways to go with the Main Weapon skill choices.

It would be nice to introduce a Elite Spec that acts as a option to focus less on Kits and more on Main Weapons by providing the ability to change Main Weapon skills based on the Elite Spec Mechanic. Of course effort to provide new skills for the core main weapons will be required as well due to the Elite Spec theme of Modifying Main Weapons for new skills based on how the Main Weapon is modified.

The Wrist Launcher skills can be based on either Utility skills like toolbelts or based on the Main Weapon and Offhand weapon they are not using in their 2nd Main Weapon Slot with F5 button acting as the switch between toolbelts and Wrist launcher skills in toolbelt skill slots.

--------------------------------------------------------

There is a lot of potential Engineer has with possible Elite Specs that can diverge from the norm of depending on Kits to be effective.

One of this is the ability to modify Main Weapons and is something I think Engineer should have gotten since GW2 core release partly due to how Engineer lacks the ability to switch Main Weapons and that it would have been a unique mechanic for Engineer with their Main Weapons. 

We seen Main Weapon modified as a set in Elementalists with their F1 to F4 skill but with Engineer it has the potential to have the mechanic to switch out their Main Weapon skills individually instead with a certain selection of weapon skills based on what Main Weapon and Off-hand weapon players use.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 1

Unpopular opinion.... Rework our kits and give them a clear point before adding anything else.... And for the love of god allow us to use our espec weapons for core after fully learning the espec that way we actually have some selection of weapons outside of pistol, shield, rifle.

As it stands kits can't be used as primary weapons due to them fearing that and none of them really focus one way or another for power or condi. I want clear cut power and clear cut condi kits that can function as alternate weapons.

Only kits that are fine as is are the 2 support kits which is elixir gun and medkit.

• Like 2

I kinda want a Technomancer, which would have access to Glyphs and the toolbelt skills of those Glyphs would give you access to a new sort of engineer-like attunements, changing your weapon skills in order to move away from the Kits.

Those attunements could be Fire, Lightning, Metal, Dark Energy, and Alchemy. You've have access to the staff or the scepter. I'd obviously be a huge amount of work to create weapon skills for that all those attunements and weapons so maybe they could cut some corners by only affecting the new weapon, or just some of the weapon skill slots. I'm not sure what the tarde-off should be, maybe whenever you go into an attunement all of your toolbelt skills get a short cooldown, like Weaver.

1 hour ago, Alchimist.4738 said:

I kinda want a Technomancer, which would have access to Glyphs and the toolbelt skills of those Glyphs would give you access to a new sort of engineer-like attunements, changing your weapon skills in order to move away from the Kits.

Those attunements could be Fire, Lightning, Metal, Dark Energy, and Alchemy. You've have access to the staff or the scepter. I'd obviously be a huge amount of work to create weapon skills for that all those attunements and weapons so maybe they could cut some corners by only affecting the new weapon, or just some of the weapon skill slots. I'm not sure what the tarde-off should be, maybe whenever you go into an attunement all of your toolbelt skills get a short cooldown, like Weaver.

Having that attunement system attached to the glyphs would kinda feel bad, since it would make running glyphs mandatory to get access to the class mechanic.

10 hours ago, Dakiaris.2798 said:

Only kits that are fine as is are the 2 support kits which is elixir gun and medkit.

I think the flame thrower is also okay.

Given that the complicated rotations often use one or two skills from a kit, it seems perverse to require all this kit switching keyboard piano playing, why not just allow people to collect the skills they want into a "custom kit".  I found that Catalyst was similarly perverse, to create the complete set of circling elemental projectiles you had to cycle through all the attunements using skill 3 in each.  How is gameplay enhanced by forcing the player to go through all that keyboard mashing?  The real kicker was that after doing all that the projectiles didn't provide a significant payoff.

I know there are some players that take pride in their keyboard mashing skills, but I would have to guess that they're a small minority.

Edited by blp.3489