New account, Error Code: 1076:4:5:2508, support reply makes no sense

Hi all.

I created a second account yesterday. 

When trying to log in to the game client, I get Error Code: 1076:4:5:2508. The FAQ said to contact support.

Reply from support, which looks awfully canned, says "just create a new account via https://account.arena.net/register." ...but that's what I just did yesterday and that account doesn't work. And I would rather not make up yet another different email address.

Or to "buy a serial number for the paid game", which also makes no sense because the base game should be free and I only need the account to test a few characters and such.

Here's the support reply (translated with DeepL from German to English), can anyone make sense of that? Does it really make sense to create another account today and hope that one works?

Obviously I'm not the first person with that issue if it that error code has a FAQ entry.

Hello!

Apparently you are getting an error when you try to log in with your account. You are receiving this error code because this account only has beta access and no serial number was stored prior to the free-to-play update. There are several ways to solve this problem. The easiest way to get into the game is to create a brand new free-to-play account by creating a new account on our website: https://account.arena.net/register.

Once your account is created, you can submit a ticket requesting that your email address be changed or swapped. Please be sure to provide information for both accounts in question if you wish to swap your email address.

Alternatively, you can purchase a serial number and redeem it in your beta account through Account Management. Once the serial number is redeemed, you will be able to log in to the game normally. Please note that there are no additional rewards for accounts that have participated in the beta.

I hope this information helps you! If you have any further questions or problems, please contact us again.
With kind regards

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

There seem to be some issues creating accounts during the Beta that's live right now.  You could try again after the Beta is over tomorrow, Oct. 30 at 10:00 PM PDT.

Or you could reply to the email you received and state that you still need help.  It's true that first responses are often boiler-plates that may help a multitude of players' requests.

Good luck.