Warrior and his E-spec. What's going on?

DemonCrypto.6792

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Just saying that I want to see "GW2: Wrath of the Gods: Dwayna is Pissed" is made.

Dwayna's probably not the one who'd be pissed, if it came to that.

If I had to guess, though, it's notable that when the Utopia stuff was referenced in the art book, it wasn't referenced in a "this is stuff we were considering but decided not to do" way. It's referenced in a manner that indicates that it is still current lore, including the writers having gone to some effort to integrate Utopia fluff with GW2 fluff. So it wouldn't surprise me if they're planning to resurrect the ideas they had for that into GW2.

Especially since the initial plan for GW1 was for campaigns to be organised into trilogies, so it's possible that the groundwork for Utopia wasn't just one GW1 campaign's worth but three.

52 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Dwayna's probably not the one who'd be pissed, if it came to that.

I know, probably Lyssa, but it sounds funnier if it is Dwayna.

52 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

If I had to guess, though, it's notable that when the Utopia stuff was referenced in the art book, it wasn't referenced in a "this is stuff we were considering but decided not to do" way. It's referenced in a manner that indicates that it is still current lore, including the writers having gone to some effort to integrate Utopia fluff with GW2 fluff. So it wouldn't surprise me if they're planning to resurrect the ideas they had for that into GW2.

Especially since the initial plan for GW1 was for campaigns to be organised into trilogies, so it's possible that the groundwork for Utopia wasn't just one GW1 campaign's worth but three.

Whose to say. If they truly want to do another GW2 expansion then the natural flow of the story to me would be:

LW Season 6: Return of the Gods. This would be because of how EoD resolves (either way). Since the Dragon Cycle will have ended and reached harmony then there is no reason for the Human Gods to no longer avoid Tyria, so that LW season would be them gradually coming back and the maps would be where each of those gods chose to return along with meta events around them which may or may not include fighting some other race like the Centaurs or Jotun. Which would all lead up to whichever god is most angry about Balthazar's death coming last and questioning the Commander about it. They are not all knowing, so while they may have felt his death they may not know the circumstances of it.

This would lead to the Commander getting killed/not killed (yet again) and lead into the next expac where it is Tyria's united races fighting against the Human Gods and their Human zealots and in each map we go in and kill Melandru, Lyssa, Grenth (+Dhuum), and Dwayna, preferably within their god realms.

Plot Twist: Kormir sides with the Tyrians, but was pulling the strings the entire time to orchestrate the deaths of all the other gods in order to absorb all their power thus fulfilling her long laid out plans that started during GW:Nightfall. Also the Commander finally dies for good in the end.

Then GW3 would be in the future with the resistance fight against Kormir where we find out that the dead Elder Dragons left behind Scions of their own and we have to help Aurene find them and rear them as her own, only to bequeath to them their sire's energy and Aurene also finally dies as the new Elder Dragons devour Kormir in some final confrontation in the mists.

If you think about Warrior design, you need to look back into GW1, where many current weapon skills or utilities were born. Warrior was one of most powerful classes there, but its viablity was heavily based on its second class choice and if you look at few examples, you will notice that many W/X or X/W builds are actualy specializations within GW2, but they belong to other classes (e.g. "Gale Warrior" = S/F Weaver, "I will Avenge you!" = Ranger).

Class that used to be core choice for melee characters in GW1, just lost all it's dual class options as got left out with nothing  else than brute force.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Class that used to be core choice for melee characters in GW1, just lost all it's dual class options as got left out with nothing  else than brute force.

Haha, me is warrior. No need silly two choice. Me have fist. Fist punch face. Face go boom, me laugh. Me. Is. WARRIOR!

23 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

dear lord what poetics genious, you can really fill the hard knucles of a warrior there . I say  my good sir, we are surely the most refined class/community in  this game of ours.

Serouisly tho maybe what @Morwath.9817 said is true, maybe warrior being ported from gw1 is just the half of other classes but never was really build upon to really stick on itself. If their is an once of truth here we'are kitten for ever.
(I know i'm a pesimist but sometime calling the apocalipse in advance make people move for something who's worth it)

in an final thougth , war fist go brrrrrr, have fun people

Edited by DemonCrypto.6792