Xiuquatl on Specter

Kilthorn.8921

So as many of you know, if you are using the legendary scepter, Xiuquatl, you will spawn a small serpent that follows you around when the weapon is wielded. Unfortunately for the new thief spec, Specter, the serpent will not stealth with you, and continues to follow you around.
This needs to be changed or it really will prohibit the use of the weapon, especially in PvP scenarios, where stealth is a major component of a thief's toolkit and this pings exactly where you are at.
  • Like 6
  • Haha 6

I'm still going to make it, but that also leaves us with 4 more months to see a result of this feedback to warrant it's own thread on such a big time sink or money sink game feature. Not only the swing animations, but the pistol shadow beam and dagger blue wind arc needs some touch up too. Throwing stones to heal friends seem logical :^)

The worst part is that Xiuquatl is a visual downgrade, literally all attacks look the same and it actually removes the animation effects of scepter 2, and has zero interaction with your utility or elite skills.

It's fairly obvious Anet gave up trying to integrate legendary effects into new spec animations.

On 10/31/2021 at 5:10 AM, Zenith.7301 said:

The worst part is that Xiuquatl is a visual downgrade, literally all attacks look the same and it actually removes the animation effects of scepter 2, and has zero interaction with your utility or elite skills.

It's fairly obvious Anet gave up trying to integrate legendary effects into new spec animations.

That's a general problem with legendary weapons and projectiles on the whole. The projectile replacement is cool if you only had a couple of projectile models to begin with, but it does get repetitive if you previously had a wide range of projectile models and now you just have one. 

On 11/4/2021 at 4:06 PM, Korambits.7051 said:

The serpent on Xiuquatl does stealth, it just doesn't display the stealth effect to you client side. It will be stealthed for your opponents.

Confirmed, a guildie and I tested this the other day too. The dragon gets no effect on your side, but he's definitely not visible to the enemy. 

On 11/1/2021 at 6:24 AM, draxynnic.3719 said:

That's a general problem with legendary weapons and projectiles on the whole. The projectile replacement is cool if you only had a couple of projectile models to begin with, but it does get repetitive if you previously had a wide range of projectile models and now you just have one. 

Honestly I was going to get it, but after seeing it the other day with a guildie it looks a bit underwhelming. I might just buy the gen 1 legendary and skin it instead, save the effort of doing the gen 2 collections. 

6 hours ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Honestly I was going to get it, but after seeing it the other day with a guildie it looks a bit underwhelming. I might just buy the gen 1 legendary and skin it instead, save the effort of doing the gen 2 collections. 

Well, Xiuquatl is one of the many gen 2 legendaries that doesn't have a collection, just a gold and material sink. But yeah, I went with Meteorlogicus myself because I preferred the projectile, even if I still often reskin it to keep the original projectiles. I do have an interest in getting Xiuquatl eventually for the birbsnek, but that's a low priority.

On 11/5/2021 at 7:43 PM, draxynnic.3719 said:

Well, Xiuquatl is one of the many gen 2 legendaries that doesn't have a collection, just a gold and material sink. But yeah, I went with Meteorlogicus myself because I preferred the projectile, even if I still often reskin it to keep the original projectiles. I do have an interest in getting Xiuquatl eventually for the birbsnek, but that's a low priority.

That's the thing though, the baseline specter projectiles and visual spell effects look more legendary than the actual legendary spell effects.

In the case of Vindicator it's even worse. Using Eternity, the only effect you get is your autoattack swings. GS2 is the coppy paste from the autochain first strike, and neither GS3-5 have any interaction whatsoever with Eternity as a legendary.

Anet have gotten pretty awfully lazy with visual updates. To the point they're recycling animations from other specs into the ones for EoD.

9 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

That's the thing though, the baseline specter projectiles and visual spell effects look more legendary than the actual legendary spell effects.

In the case of Vindicator it's even worse. Using Eternity, the only effect you get is your autoattack swings. GS2 is the coppy paste from the autochain first strike, and neither GS3-5 have any interaction whatsoever with Eternity as a legendary.

Anet have gotten pretty awfully lazy with visual updates. To the point they're recycling animations from other specs into the ones for EoD.

From what I've observed, the legendary sceptres don't replace as many of the projectiles as you'd normally expect. It replaces the auto projectile, and maybe skill 2, and that looks decent on Meteorlogicus. The dual skill projectiles, which are the really impressive ones, don't change.

But yeah, there are a few legendary weapons where replacing the projectiles really isn't exactly a graphics upgrade.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:33 PM, draxynnic.3719 said:

From what I've observed, the legendary sceptres don't replace as many of the projectiles as you'd normally expect. It replaces the auto projectile, and maybe skill 2, and that looks decent on Meteorlogicus. The dual skill projectiles, which are the really impressive ones, don't change.

Xiuquatl replaces all the scepter projectiles. It just doesn't replace the laser which isn't a projectile~ the first half of Sc/P 3.

And it ignores all of shadow shroud.

1 hour ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Xiuquatl replaces all the scepter projectiles. It just doesn't replace the laser which isn't a projectile~ the first half of Sc/P 3.

And it ignores all of shadow shroud.

Pretty sure I've seen Sc/D using the normal projectiles for skill 3 with a legendary sceptre in videos as well. Skill 2 I wasn't sure about since that's fairly rarely used by my observation.

Edited by draxynnic.3719

36 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Pretty sure I've seen Sc/D using the normal projectiles for skill 3 with a legendary sceptre in videos as well. Skill 2 I wasn't sure about since that's fairly rarely used by my observation.

Eh, well I own the weapon and the video on YT of it belongs to me so idk what to tell you. 🤔2 isnt any different from the AA (wish they'd replace it with a circle AoE like necro has since it's pretty boring and lacks such)

Edited by Doggie.3184

1 hour ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Eh, well I own the weapon and the video on YT of it belongs to me so idk what to tell you. 🤔2 isnt any different from the AA (wish they'd replace it with a circle AoE like necro has)

I'm not contesting skill 2. But I've definitely seen videos on YT where the player was running legendary scepter with a dagger, and the dual skill had the normal projectiles for that skill rather than the legendary weapons.

And no, the videos I'm thinking of weren't yours, unless you're an alt account of someone more famous. 

• Confused 1