[balance] Glyph of Virtue

Amber.9851

As it is now Glyph of Virtue is basically worthless as it gives the same amount of Karma as the Unbound/Volatile glyphs do witch is 

a) super lazy of Anet Devs

b) practically worthless

since for 10 000 Unbound Magic you can get 5 ascended rings, for 10 000 Volatile Magic 40 shipments worth after tp tax about 16 to 20 gold.

For 10 000 Karma (that would require you to gather the same number of nodes as above) you can get.... 5-10 obsidian shards.

Can we  get an update to practically gemstore item that brings it into the realm of actually worth using?  Making the karma gain 10x wouldnt even make it "meta" as karma has very limited uses as a gold source but would make it useful for more casual players that don't swim in karma.

There are so many, much more "efficient" ways to collect Karma in the game. Get on an applicable Living World map, max your Karmic Retribution (which is cheaper than the Glyph on the TP) and get cracking. Unless your primary pastime in the game is harvesting, this glyph clearly has no value to you. Why bother then?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Amber.9851 said:

As it is now Glyph of Virtue is basically worthless as it gives the same amount of Karma as the Unbound/Volatile glyphs do witch is 

a) super lazy of Anet Devs

b) practically worthless

since for 10 000 Unbound Magic you can get 5 ascended rings, for 10 000 Volatile Magic 40 shipments worth after tp tax about 16 to 20 gold.

For 10 000 Karma (that would require you to gather the same number of nodes as above) you can get.... 5-10 obsidian shards.

Can we  get an update to practically gemstore item that brings it into the realm of actually worth using?  Making the karma gain 10x wouldnt even make it "meta" as karma has very limited uses as a gold source but would make it useful for more casual players that don't swim in karma.

Unbound/Volatile tools give Unbound/Volatile magic, not Karma.

if you're suggesting a re-blanace of the 'value' of Karma to be equal to the value of unbound/volatile magic, then  it's not worth it, items purchased for Karma are almost always untradeable or unsellable, and the ones that aren't require other items/currency to purchase(PoF trade caches), meaning you'd also need to re-balance those resources.

There are also more ways to get karma that just using the Glyph, and can be gained on all maps, Unbound and Volatile magic are only usable on LS3 and LS4 maps.

No I did not "mistake" of glyph for another... What i'm saying it gives exact the same numerical value of karma as the Unbound/Volatile glyphs give of their respectable output - which is clearly a balance issue since Karma has much less value then Unbound/Volatile magic.

But yeah, let's leave a noob trap in the game because god forbid ANet changes something established. As it is now this glyph gives realistically zero added value 

• Like 1

I used the glyph as an additional source of karma income. Which saw heavy use in IBS for me with karma being a heavilly used currency by the season. So no, definitely not worthless, but I am swapping to glyph of bounty for more crafting mats come EoD.

With karma and the currency from bjora marches you could also buy any ls4 currency. Though I already had the skyscale by that time.

Edited by LucianDK.8615

The OP has a good point. For example, the logging karma glyph gives 1-3 karma per swing, the volatile and unbound glyphs give 1-3 magic per swing too. But 1 karma tends to be worth a lot less than 1 magic.

An example of this is living world ascended accessories, season 3 and 4 accessories costs some of the map tokens and 4,000 but the season 5 ascended accessory costs map tokens and 56,000 karma. So it needs 14 times as much karma as magic for these. This is pretty common, magic is required in thousands, karma in the tens of thousands.

• Like 2

The point is that you get much more value out of the Glyph of the Unbound and Glyph of Volatility than the Glyph of Virtue. Redressing that imbalance would be appreciated by some of us. I know my Glyphs of Virtue are sitting in my bank because they have such a bad return compared to the Unbound and Volatility ones.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1