Is luminescent armor worth the trouble?

So, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and everything is relative, especially when it comes to cosmetics. 

The luminescent armor has a unique glow and the basic model (carapace) is actually quite decent. However, I hear that dyeing this thing changes next to nothing, so you will always remain blue - more or less. 

Question for those that actually got the set, was it worth it to you? Did you keep it for long after you realized you will be a blueberry forever? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

I got it, and the luminescence is part of the attraction. It gives a weird effect to certain colors which can be nice.  Experimenting with dyes is kinda fun with this armor, though it is true that blue luminescence is often there.  I am not fond of the overall look so I never use it on my Main. I do have a full armor on an Alt though just because of all the trouble I went through getting it.  And then I specifically mean that one achievement where you have to fight some Centaur Chief and avoid all sorts of stuff. 🙂  Finally getting that achievement made the whole armor worth it! Also got a Mastery point for it. 

Edited by Tyncale.1629
  • Like 5

I got it a few years ago and I still use it. I rarely use the whole set together, usually only a few pieces but I use them all at different times, except maybe the helmet because I rarely use helmets at all.

It is dyable, but it will always have a blue sheen which often dominates other colours and it's hard to predict how dye will affect it. That's not a problem for me because I like blue and use it in a lot of my characters colour schemes, but there's no point getting it if you don't like blue or you're hoping to dye it another colour because it won't work.

It helped that I also wanted the title, ascended equipment and the mastery points so I wasn't doing it just for the armour, but it's nice to have.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, EpicName.4523 said:

Question for those that actually got the set, was it worth it to you?

It was worth it because I wasn't chasing the skins; I wanted the associated achievement points and the character title Light in the Darkness that comes from getting the full set. You also get an ascended armor chest for doing this, so value that how you will.

• Like 6

The preview window takes your current dyes across all channels. So you can dye your current armor a certain way, then preview the luminescent armor to see how the dyes look on it. Then, if you want to try other dyes, close the preview window, dye your current armor another color, then preview the luminescent armor again and it'll show the new dyes.

That way you can see how certain dyes affect it.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, ferman thicke.2836 said:

armor is garbage! and id rather earn leggy envoy sets all over again then go back and work this hard for trash

Why necro a thread that's over 2 years old just to say this? Why?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1