[Petition] make home instance chests free to open

StevenL.3761

Are you really teaming up to bust someone's balls about nodes and chests and the distinction between the 2. If I ask my friend can I loot you home instance nodes I'm looting the chests too. He's not gonna go whoa you said nodes not chests or technically not just nodes and chests but cargo and caches too. Like come on with that to hang on to in an argument.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I still don't see any arguments justifying the difference of difficulty between acquiring the keys to open a few chests that you got practically free and collecting the necessary resources to buy the other nodes/interactable objects/whatever-you-want-to-call-them in your home instance.

Until you manage that, you don't really have a point with this thread, in my opinion.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Sorry but you can't handwave away everything I said because I didn't answer your question about the cost of the upgrades.

In case you forgot, you need to master Itzel/Nuhoch/Exalted Lore. That's 6,350,000 exp and 12 mastery points for all 3 chests. Personally I think that's proportional to other home upgrades. The 250 map currency is just a formality at that point.

I'll concede that the bandit chest was much easier to get but maybe throw me a bone here.

Edited by StevenL.3761
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

41 minutes ago, StevenL.3761 said:

Sorry but you can't handwave away everything I said because I didn't answer your question about the cost of the upgrades.

In case you forgot, you need to master Itzel/Nuhoch/Exalted Lore. That's 6,350,000 exp and 12 mastery points for all 3 chests. Personally I think that's proportional to other home upgrades. The 250 map currency is just a formality at that point.

I'll concede that the bandit chest was much easier to get but maybe throw me a bone here.

I believe you are mistaken in how many Mastery Points are need to learn the aforementioned languages.  It's 2 + 3 + 2.  It does not require the full Mastery Tracks. 

2 hours ago, Jilora.9524 said:

Are you really teaming up to bust someone's balls about nodes and chests and the distinction between the 2. If I ask my friend can I loot you home instance nodes I'm looting the chests too. He's not gonna go whoa you said nodes not chests or technically not just nodes and chests but cargo and caches too. Like come on with that to hang on to in an argument.

Nobody's "teaming up" or "busting someone's balls about nodes and chests". More about him pretending there are no arguments, while he uses faulty reasoning in the first place and is straight up ignoring anything that goes against his agenda. No matter how many times he'll try to avoid facts because they collide with his beliefs, they'll still be facts.

31 minutes ago, StevenL.3761 said:

Like I said in my very first post, it's a very poor incentive. I also don't believe in avoiding change. That road leads nowhere.

Not a poor incentive. Want the reward -play the content. It's your choice and your problem that you're constantly making a choice of never buying the keys for relevant map currency. If you have easy ways to do things like that and you're consciously avoiding those ways just so you can complain about not double dipping on the same map currency then it's a you problem, not the game problem.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nobody's "teaming up" or "busting someone's balls about nodes and chests". More about him pretending there are no arguments, while he uses faulty reasoning in the first place and is straight up ignoring anything that goes against his agenda. No matter how many times he'll try to avoid facts because they collide with his beliefs, they'll still be facts.

Ya making a huge deal over something like he used nodes instead of chests is busting someone's balls. You are king of finding some minor thing and then starting a 30 reply back n forth arguing over it. There are like 14 nodes 4 chests 1 cache 1 cargo and a garden so going the "chests are the nodes the furthest out of the way" is what you focused on. He used nodes but there are chests. Not one person is ever going to /sh can I loot someone's home instances nodes, chests, garden, cargo and cache. Because nodes dominate the total you can call them all nodes. 

Now if you want to argue they will never make this change I agree. No way they gonna let players skip content and progress by opening these chests w/o keys and even none HoT owner could open these which def won't be allowed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

16 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

Ya making a huge deal over something like he used nodes instead of chests is busting someone's balls.

It wasn't making a huge deal out of it. If you actually decide to read through the posts, first it was pointing out that they were not the same, since that's exactly what he tried to use as an argument. But he ignored it, still pretending it's the same, despite that being blatantly wrong. It's not about someone "just happening to use wrong/different naming". It's him twisting the facts and intentionally blending two different things into one to pretend they're the same. They're not. Is there anything that's still not clear here?

16 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

Not one person is ever going to /sh can I loot someone's home instances nodes, chests, garden, cargo and cache. Because nodes dominate the total you can call them all nodes. 

psst, people aren't asking "for nodes" anyways, they're asking for access to "home instance". And, again, it's not about him "just using wrong wording" or w/e, it's about him pretending these are the same things, but they're not. So each still behaves in their own way relevant to their open world counterparts. Aye?

His argument here is "home nodes don't require keys, so why home chests do?!". That's just a false equivalency, it was never limited to "some specific wording", it's about the mechanics of each of the relevant nodes/chests/etc. Really, which part of that is not understandable for you?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

It wasn't making a huge deal out of it. If you actually decide to read through the posts, first it was pointing out that they were not the same, since that's exactly what he tried to use as an argument. But he ignored it, still pretending it's the same, despite that being blatantly wrong. It's not about someone "just happening to use wrong/different naming". It's him twisting the facts and intentionally blending two different things into one to pretend they're the same. They're not. Is there anything that's still not clear here?

Yes, your whole issue with him is that technicality and him not admitting chests and nodes are different thing. Who cares if he called a home instance chest a node except you and incu. I loot all my home instance nodes everyday. Do I not open the chests? And stop hitting confused on my posts. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

Yes, your whole issue with him is that technicality and him not admitting chests and nodes are different thing. Who cares if he called a home instance chest a node except you and incu. I loot all my home instance nodes everyday. Do I not open the chests? And stop hitting confused on my posts. 

My whole issue with his repeating false equivalency comes down to what you wrote yourself:

"Now if you want to argue they will never make this change I agree. No way they gonna let players skip content and progress by opening these chests w/o keys and even none HoT owner could open these which def won't be allowed"

He's trying to use that false equivalency of nodes = chests just because they're both in home instance. How can you still not understand that is beyond me. And it's not a "technicality", it's a "fact", which he's repeatedly trying to consciously bend for the sake of posing that false equivalency as a relevant argument. And, again again, it was never "about the naming". Make sure to re-read with understanding.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

Also when in VB are the chests or do you refer to them as cargo. Or DS are the chests or pods. TD are they chests or caches. I mean you gonna jump on anyone who don't say everything perfectly. This is my point you latch on to I got you. Admit you are wrong pointless arguments and expect anyone to go oh, my bad your right. That ain't gonna happen when it's just some silly minor it's not a node it's a chest.

As I repeatedly wrote, it was never about "naming", it's about the relevant mechanics. Re-read the posts with understanding and stop repeating the same thing that I've already corrected multiple times.

His claim is that since home instance gathering nodes don't need keys, it means the chests shouldn't need keys either. That makes no sense. It's not about naming. It's about the mechanics associated with each of those objects. How else am I supposed to explain that?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

As I repeatedly wrote, it was never about "naming", it's about the relevant mechanics. Re-read the posts with understanding and stop repeating the same thing that I've already corrected multiple times.

His claim is that since home instance gathering nodes don't need keys, it means the chests shouldn't need keys either. That makes no sense. That's not about naming. It's about the mechanics associated with each of those objects.

My enchanted treasure chest requires no key so why do those require a key. 

And Maybe you should reread because his argument is just let me open up stuff in my instances that I own w/o a key. Why the eff would I lock that stuff I own everyday instead of just leaving it unlocked. Like who is coming into my home instance and adding new loot to these chests and locking them

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

My enchanted treasure chest requires no key so why do those require a key. 

And Maybe you should reread because his argument is just let me open up stuff in my instances that I own w/o a key. Why the eff would I lock that stuff I own everyday instead of just leaving it unlocked. Like who is coming into my home instance and adding new loot to these chests and locking them

Literally already explained that in this thread, I'll go ahead and copy-paste it for you:

Home instance gathering nodes work the same as their open world counterparts.

Home instance chests work the same as their open world counterparts.

Chests aren't gathering nodes, so one is irrelevant to the other.

You "don't need a key for your enchanted treasure chest", because that's not a chest that requires keys in open world either. I repeated this multiple times in this thread, so it seems you just didn't bother with reading what I wrote before you jumped in with your responses, which seems to be the reason you think some people "gang up against the inapropriate wording". Meanwhile, again again again, it was never about the wording, but rather about the mechanics associated with each object with their OW counterparts.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Literally already explained that in this thread, I'll go ahead and copy-paste it for you:

Home instance gathering nodes work the same as their open world counterparts.

Home instance chests work the same as their open world counterparts.

Chests aren't gathering nodes, so one is irrelevant to the other.

You "don't need a key for your enchanted treasure chest", because that's not a chest that requires keys in open world either. I repeated this multiple times in this thread, so it seems you just didn't bother with reading what I wrote before you jumped in with your responses.

I'm not saying chests are gathering nodes and neither did he. He just called chests nodes but not gathering nodes that would just be silly. If you keep repeating yourself it means you are right. Again who cares if he called a chest a node. 

There is no enchanted treasure chest in the open world but if there was I bet it would require a key cause it wouldn't be that enchanted if just anyone could open it. I own my home instance. I own the stuff in my home instance. Why are some chests locked and other aren't. 

I read the thread and you are just mad he won't say chests aren't nodes and will keep energizing bunnying till he does.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

I just looted all my home instance nodes.

What did I loot?

Just the gathering nodes?

The gather nodes and the chests?

The gather nodes the chests and my garden?

All of the above?

Some of the above?

Do I really have to say I looted my home instance and break it down for you or can we all just say I looted all the nodes in my home instance and that mean everything?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

The entire other side of this argument is based on not wanting change because the home chests are perfect copies of the open world chests and you like to keep it that way. And then some attacks against me for allegedly not understanding this basic fact. Shows how much thought you put into this.

Edited by StevenL.3761
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Jilora.9524 said:

I'm not saying chests are gathering nodes and neither did he. He just called chests nodes but not gathering nodes that would just be silly. If you keep repeating yourself it means you are right. Again who cares if he called a chest a node. 

There is no enchanted treasure chest in the open world but if there was I bet it would require a key cause it wouldn't be that enchanted if just anyone could open it. I own my home instance. I own the stuff in my home instance. Why are some chests locked and other aren't. 

I read the thread and you are just mad he won't say chests aren't nodes and will keep energizing bunnying till he does.

You bet your butt it would need a key and so would your home instance one aswell if that was the case.

4 hours ago, StevenL.3761 said:

The entire other side of this argument is based on not wanting change because the home chests are perfect copies of the open world chests and you like to keep it that way. And then some attacks against me for allegedly not understanding this basic fact. Shows how much thought you put into this.

Kinda as little thought you put into the suggestion to be fair.

That is  all that is needed to refute it.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It is true that the HoT chest nodes are very easy to come by. However because at least one gives worse rewards then their counterpart in the HoT zone, I never use them so to me they are pointless. For those who never want to adventure in HoT zones, I guess the  Aurillium node and the Ley Line Matter Converter at least form a convenient way to at least farm some of those Home instance chests.  Though you will still have to go back to HoT to buy new keys from the Aurillium you farmed at home. Might as well use your Ley Energy Matter Converter key on a real node while you are there. 🙂   So in short, at least for me those nodes are just taking up space.

I still need loads of Airship Parts, Ley Line Crystals and Lumps of Aurilium for the weapon collections/recipes so luckily there are enough reasons for me to return to HoT. Other then that it is a cool area. 

Edited by Tyncale.1629
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2