help the "underdog" factions

nthmetal.9652

On 11/4/2021 at 4:09 PM, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

If you do this, you will "magically generate more players" coming from PvE or PvP because they want the Alert bonus

In which the abusable system of WvW they will only 1. Take sentries/camps.

2. Run away from fights

3. Queue the map up for actual WvW players that can and want to defend.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 7:45 PM, Shroud.2307 said:

You're making an awful lot of assumptions.

"Better" means organized and actually trying to compete. Mag is probably the the least serious server NA. No one cares about anything but fights. If Mag is winning it's a) because they want to be fighting a specific server or b) because the link is stacked and other servers can't handle the coverage. It has nothing to do with anyone trying.

Won't need server stacking if people have reason to participate in WvW. Right now, it's a community of people that spend 90% of their game time in WvW while everyone else avoids it like the plague.

All stats. Give it a kittening heat map to show where they most commonly lurk. PPT, kills, deaths, favorite map, hours active as a group, growth, etc.

All I'm saying with this is that WvW needs to give people a reason to play it for those that don't generally care to, and to reward servers for winning and not for gaming the system.
There will never be a perfect solution, and mine sure as kitten won't solve everything that's wrong with it. The problem at the core is how WvW tells the players it's okay to be lazy because trying won't get different results.

Want to give people like myself a reason to do WvW. Give me tools like "No Downstate" to fight against PvE zerglings who just server stack to karma train omni-blob the living crap everyone off the matchup. Make it so weak servers are not just getting 2v1 by the 2 biggest servers.

Long as WvW is monetized through server stacking. With the server who don't have the population to even stand a chance. Having no tools to even be a threat. I think most intelligent gamers will avoid that pointless mode too. Unless they was paying to server stack to win every relink.

On 11/18/2021 at 1:24 PM, GoldenPants.1870 said:

In which the abusable system of WvW they will only 1. Take sentries/camps.

2. Run away from fights

3. Queue the map up for actual WvW players that can and want to defend.

1&2 With an alert system, you get a better reward if your faction win.
So no, you should'nt take only sentries and camp, or you will get no reward at the end.

3 If there were enough WvW players at first, Pve boys should be the ones inside the queue.