PvP guilds?

Lacdanon.1483

On 11/5/2021 at 3:25 AM, Lacdanon.1483 said:

Is there somewhere that PvP guilds recruits, I have done a few searches but "pvp" and "guilds" trigger a lot of stuff.

Any info is appreciated 

You don't get into pvp guilds by asking like this.

You get into pvp guilds by getting good, achieving at least some kind of a bottom plat performance level, and get social & start playing with groups of players in Unranked and Automated Tournaments. Meet people and show them you're worth playing with. Then you might get some invites to some of the pvp guilds that exist, which really aren't many at this point.

Heads up #1 - Any guild that would actually invite & accept you after you've asked for invites aloud like this, when they don't even know who you are, will not be a functional pvp guild. Avoid this waste of time.

Heads up #2 - Your personal contacts list is your best & most important guild first and foremost. Don't worry too much about finding a guild. You should worry more about making good relations with personal contacts.

• Like 1

The other thing is, since they removed the ability to have pvp groups and you can only solo que or duo que, pvp guilds are kinda pointless. They removed an entire social aspect of the game cause "but mah 50% ratio matchmaking system" 

How dare you have something other then a 50/50 win/lose ratio. Again, kinda making pvp guilds meaningless. 

Unless you just mean you want to get into a win trading guild to allow for easy wins and break the system. The matchmaking for gw2 is terrible, one of the many reasons its pvp scene died. I bet que's would be 30minutes long if not for pvp dailies.  

Edited by Gorem.8104

There used to be some. Generally there are a few that pop up that are good for new players but are so unknown and dont last long to where I don’t think I could’ve ever recommended one.

there was one guild name that I could recommend called AL- Absolute Legends which generally was always active and helped with new players.

they are still technically active but at a pace slow to the point of maybe skipping it.

I guess if I were you I would ask around about Al, but don’t expect much, or there is a guild I see some of called Tdl (the devils lettuce)- which I wouldn’t recommend unless I knew of an active guild, mark you in only mentioning because I see a lot of people in that guild.

good luck tbh. 

edit: I’m on Na and talking about Na guilds.

Edited by RedAvenged.5217

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

You don't get into pvp guilds by asking like this.

You get into pvp guilds by getting good, achieving at least some kind of a bottom plat performance level, and get social & start playing with groups of players in Unranked and Automated Tournaments. Meet people and show them you're worth playing with. Then you might get some invites to some of the pvp guilds that exist, which really aren't many at this point.

Heads up #1 - Any guild that would actually invite & accept you after you've asked for invites aloud like this, when they don't even know who you are, will not be a functional pvp guild. Avoid this waste of time.

Heads up #2 - Your personal contacts list is your best & most important guild first and foremost. Don't worry too much about finding a guild. You should worry more about making good relations with personal contacts.

Was looking for information more than invites, I'm not interested in elitist pvp groups anyway, I solo que for ranked and was looking for options of players that would want to mess around in unranked.

Thanks for the info 

5 hours ago, Lacdanon.1483 said:

Was looking for information more than invites, I'm not interested in elitist pvp groups anyway, I solo que for ranked and was looking for options of players that would want to mess around in unranked.

Thanks for the info 

That's what I mean though, what I'm talking about isn't elitist. You're talking just plain middle-tiered pvp groups here. They don't exactly go around commercializing their guilds. Anyone who does go around commercializing a pvp guild, isn't going to be an actual pvp guild. That's what I'm trying to forewarn you of. At best you're going to get into a group of people "who want to pvp" that maybe run unranked once or twice a week or something.

If you want to get into a pvp guild where people actually do stuff in pvp throughout the day, you need to actually start making friends with different cliques in-game.

If you are in NA I can help direct you to certain groups of people.

Right now in NA, guilds that may pick you up are:

* The Devil's Lettuce - This is probably the largest active pvp guild in NA right now. They pick up players ranging from p2+ down into middle gold. Usually you can find unranked messing around pretty easily through TDL. Forming AT groups through this guild isn't always so reliable for some reason. Most of the people here seem to only want to Unranked mess around or sometimes Ranked. Guild Leader is Cenkaydk.6905. Message him and he'll probably let you join.

* Loser's Bracket All Stars - This guild is a little more closed that TDL. They aim at a smaller audience ranging from p1+ to p2+, generally. You would need to know someone in this guild to get an invite. This guild will play ATs often. Not actually sure who is the guild leader here..

* Ascended Resurgence - Seems like another p1+ to p2+ guild that is more closed. Again, you'd need to know someone in this guild to get an invite. They do ATs more often. No idea who is actually running this guild.

* Any other guild names you hear are either currently inactive or are so gated that you will not get a place in the guild unless you meet a certain level of performance and know someone in that guild. IE: My own pvp guild, we only ever allow 10 players in this guild at a time and there is a bare minimum of p2 level performance to be able to get into the guild.

If you're talking EU, I have no idea what's going on in the EU scene concerning guilds.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That's what I mean though, what I'm talking about isn't elitist. You're talking just plain middle-tiered pvp groups here. They don't exactly go around commercializing their guilds. Anyone who does go around commercializing a pvp guild, isn't going to be an actual pvp guild. That's what I'm trying to forewarn you of. At best you're going to get into a group of people "who want to pvp" that maybe run unranked once or twice a week or something.

If you want to get into a pvp guild where people actually do stuff in pvp throughout the day, you need to actually start making friends with different cliques in-game.

If you are in NA I can help direct you to certain groups of people.

Right now in NA, guilds that may pick you up are:

* The Devil's Lettuce - This is probably the largest active pvp guild in NA right now. They pick up players ranging from p2+ down into middle gold. Usually you can find unranked messing around pretty easily through TDL. Forming AT groups through this guild isn't always so reliable for some reason. Most of the people here seem to only want to Unranked mess around or sometimes Ranked. Guild Leader is Cenkaydk.6905. Message him and he'll probably let you join.

* Loser's Bracket All Stars - This guild is a little more closed that TDL. They aim at a smaller audience ranging from p1+ to p2+, generally. You would need to know someone in this guild to get an invite. This guild will play ATs often. Not actually sure who is the guild leader here..

* Ascended Resurgence - Seems like another p1+ to p2+ guild that is more closed. Again, you'd need to know someone in this guild to get an invite. They do ATs more often. No idea who is actually running this guild.

* Any other guild names you hear are either currently inactive or are so gated that you will not get a place in the guild unless you meet a certain level of performance and know someone in that guild. IE: My own pvp guild, we only ever allow 10 players in this guild at a time and there is a bare minimum of p2 level performance to be able to get into the guild.

If you're talking EU, I have no idea what's going on in the EU scene concerning guilds.

Thanks for the info, even if I'm not right for any of these it's good to know how some are structured.