[Suggestion] Remove listing fee in TP when fulfilling buy orders

There are 2 taxes on the TP, one is a sales fee that is always taken from the cost of the item after sale. Second one is a listing fee, that is payed before the listing of the item. While that fee makes sense to be there when you are not selling items at the price of the buy orders aka listing the item at your desiered price , it does not make sence when selling the item to a buy order. In that case the price will not be listed on the TP but instantly fulfill the buy order so the fee should not apply.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Forgive Me.7803 said:

The point i am making is there should not be one as that creates no incentive for the seller to ever fulfull buy orders.

On high trafic items there is not even the "i get my gold now" incentive, and thus why you see the 1 coper wars onmost of the items ingame.

I'm not running into this issue, and over the last few days I've sold 5 bags that I'm not going to be using any more, because I replaced them with larger bags.  It's two fold, for me, I make some money, and I clear slots in my bank, that I could use for more important items, like making those larger bags for alts, if I decide to roll another one.

The incentive is it sells right away and you can't be undercut and watch it sit there for months. I hate that every game has fees for a market place but it makes sense to at least have a listing fee or we could just instant list see someone undercut us then relist all day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jilora.9524 said:

The incentive is it sells right away and you can't be undercut and watch it sit there for months. I hate that every game has fees for a market place but it makes sense to at least have a listing fee or we could just instant list see someone undercut us then relist all day.

that is exactly my point at this time there is no incentive to sell right away as you still pay the list fee even if you sell at buy price. and as i said the sugestion is to remove the fee in that case only , not when listing at sale price.

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

It's all part of the planned gold sink.

If that was the intent , the list fee should be payed buy the buy order owner as he makes the new listing on the market. but that is a compltly diferent discussion

Edited by Forgive Me.7803
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Forgive Me.7803 said:

The point i am making is there should not be one as that creates no incentive for the seller to ever fulfull buy orders.

Yet this happens all the time so that can't be true. If there was no incentive, no one would do it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Wait, you want to buy something, place an order for it and then get hit with a TP tax?  Based on what?  The requested buy price?  That hardly seems right.

as i said it is outside the suggestion , but yeah most games do have that in place to discurage masive buy ordering at heavy undervalue prices. example spam buying 1copper diference.
Again that is OUTSIDE the desicussion and suggestion.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Forgive Me.7803 said:

that is exactly my point at this time there is no incentive to sell right away as you still pay the list fee even if you sell at buy price. and as i said the sugestion is to remove the fee in that case only , not when listing at sale price.

Wait what? The incentive is it sells right away. You could list 1000 at 1g then a guy lists 1000 at .99 then 40000 get listed at .98 then 3000 get listed at 97 so because you listed it at 1g and paid the fee it now sits there buried and you don't have your gold now and it may be buried for years. But if there was a buy order for 90c you take less to get your gold now and avoid that risk.

The listing fee has to be there no matter what. Now that extra 10 percent when it sells sure that's just a gold sink in every game which I don't like.

And before you go but but I didn't list it you did. You listed it at the lowest price and someone bought it right away. Most games even if you undercut by 10c the risk was still there to be undercut.

• Like 2

Think of it as the service fee, which it would be, I guess, in real life.

Admit it, you just want to buy things cheaper. But it wouldn't work, only maybe temporarily, as it creates a massive imbalance between buying and selling, pushing the buy orders towards sell prices. It would be a 1-copper battle of a different kind. Nobody with profit in mind would list anything to sell ever again, not if they get more for fulfilling buy orders. It would drive the prices up accordingly, eventually getting rid of all the sell orders, making the TP-barons even richer and buy orders sitting where sell listings are now. At least, but possibly even higher.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Forgive Me.7803 said:

On high trafic items there is not even the "i get my gold now" incentive, and thus why you see the 1 coper wars onmost of the items ingame.

If it was there, buy orders could be actually effectively higher than lowest sell orders, which doesn't make sense.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Pomdepin.7068 said:

I personally agree and thought the same for a long time. If I sell right away to fulfill a buy order, I should only pay the TP tax, not the listing fee. +1

I mean, here is the really weird thing. Does anyone actually think this suggestion makes sense after all the years this game has existed and for all that time, the TP has worked? I mean, what is the ACTUAL reason Anet would put the work into removing the listing fee here, other than just to save you some gold? Don't you think that conflicts with whatever reason they decided to put it that listing fee in the first place? Doesn't anyone around here even consider the most important factors when they make suggestions like this?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I mean, here is the really weird thing. Does anyone actually think this suggestion makes sense after all the years this game has existed and for all that time, the TP has worked? I mean, what is the ACTUAL reason Anet would put the work into removing the listing fee here, other than just to save you some gold? Don't you think that conflicts with whatever reason they decided to put it that listing fee in the first place? Doesn't anyone around here even consider the most important factors when they make suggestions like this?

No they dont, it is just I want to save money.

And then they end up paying more in the end.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 2:02 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

It is there at the start of a game to encourage buyers activity and spur market activity by doing so. 

On 11/6/2021 at 12:23 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

If it was there, buy orders could be actually effectively higher than lowest sell orders, which doesn't make sense.

That would mean more money to the sellers, aka the majority of ppl in the game, it would force buyers to offer copetitive prices and it would offer sellers a valid reason to fulfill the buy orders. making a better distribution of the profits from a exchange , the buyer would not get all the expected profit with preaty much none of the risk. Buyers will have to risk more of there gold for a better fulfilment of orders.

I dont realy get how you all got to the conclusion that the sugestion was to help the buyers? But anyway if ppl dont want a better distribution of risk then the thread can be closed.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Forgive Me.7803 said:

That would mean more money to the sellers, aka the majority of ppl in the game, it would force buyers to offer copetitive prices and it would offer sellers a valid reason to fulfill the buy orders. making a better distribution of the profits from a exchange , the buyer would not get all the expected profit with preaty much none of the risk. Buyers will have to risk more of there gold for a better fulfilment of orders.

It's exactly the other way. This change would mean any sell order within 5% of the highest buy order would result in effective loss. It would disincentivize people from making low sell orders. And it would let buyers offer lower prices (so, quite the opposite of your "risking more gold"). Basically, it would increase the gap between buy and sell orders.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's exactly the other way. This change would mean any sell order within 5% of the highest buy order would result in effective loss. It would disincentivize people from making low sell orders. And it would let buyers offer lower prices (so, quite the opposite of your "risking more gold"). Basically, it would increase the gap between buy and sell orders.

On 11/6/2021 at 12:23 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

you are contradicting yourself but ok as i said thread can be closed.

39 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I'm not. You just don't seem to understand what "effectively" means.

lol ok, i realy dont have time to explain it when you simply refuse to even do the math and contradict yourself in 2 diferent posts. 
Its ether the buy orders will raise making it possible for the "effectively higher buy order than lowest sell orders" and in turn decrease the gab between the buy and sell orders or " Basically, it would increase the gap between buy and sell orders." , again whatever way you take it it is till contradicting yourself. 

The sugestion was made in order to affect the 85.9% of the items curently trading at positive ROI aka the buy price is way lower then the sale price , and with the aim to get the buyers to raise there prices by having a incentive on the seller side to fulfill orders. Making a better distribution of the losses ocuring from a sale, aka more gold for the seller with minimal risk to the buyer. Where now there is no incentive of the buyer to raise the price any more then 1 coper over the buy price curently listed because there is little incentive on the seller(except time) to sell at the buy price

As suggestion is not agreed upon by the comunity i do not see the point in duscussion it further.

2 hours ago, Forgive Me.7803 said:

The sugestion was made in order to affect the 85.9% of the items curently trading at positive ROI aka the buy price is way lower then the sale price , and with the aim to get the buyers to raise there prices by having a incentive on the seller side to fulfill orders.

OK ... and they don't need that incentive because WHATEVER it is, there is already that incentive on seller side to fulfill orders.

• Haha 1