Underwater mechanist issues...

Adrianna.3092

So... since the mech wont be able to swim... im worried that the mechanist will just be absolutely terrible if it has to go in the water since their entire traitline is dedicated to that mech that cant be used in the water...

I think that the mech should either be usable in the water... or they should get toolbelt skills while underwater at the very least.

• Like 1

The mech absolutely needs to be usable under water, I don't understand how Anet could just give mechanist just one single toolbelt skill instead there.

With this, mechanist doesn't just shut down the mechanist trait line, but it also shuts down all traits interacting with the toolbelt in general. Because just using the toolbelt trait effects just once every 25 seconds is absolutely terrible.

I hope that they change this, it is an extreme oversight... you can't dare to bring mechanist to stuff like the under water fractals.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This is the one thing that makes me think that despite everything, mechanist was a last minute bodge job of a spec. To design a spec entirely focussed around a singular feature and have every trait more or less fully focussed on buffing and modifying that singular component but then make it entirely removed for underwater combat just seems totally last minute. It's as if they just couldn't be bothered to make it work underwater too.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Psykewne.3025 said:

This is the one thing that makes me think that despite everything, mechanist was a last minute bodge job of a spec. To design a spec entirely focussed around a singular feature and have every trait more or less fully focussed on buffing and modifying that singular component but then make it entirely removed for underwater combat just seems totally last minute. It's as if they just couldn't be bothered to make it work underwater too.

Absolutely agree. When PoF beta was on, Weaver got had all skills for underwater working and designed, stances and double-attunement skills for their underwater weapon.

And for engi they just went "let's just disable the mech underwater lol". Not to mention half of our core utilities don't work underwater already 😂

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Andy.5981 said:

They'll probably add something to stop all the complaints. However welcome to the World of Revenants who cannot Legendary Renegade Stance underwater......

Being unable to use utility skills is one thing. I wouldn't mind if all our signets wouldn't work under water.

But mechanist literally has 0 traits working under water... you become a worse core engineer with just 2 trait lines (or less if some of your other traits interact with the toolbelt) and no toolbelt beside 1 skill which just deals unreliable damage on 25 seconds cooldown.

This is the worst under water spec in the history of this game and there is 0 excuse for this... rangers have under water pets, we know they have the technology to make it work.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Being unable to use utility skills is one thing. I wouldn't mind if all our signets wouldn't work under water.

But mechanist literally has 0 traits working under water... you become a worse core engineer with just 2 trait lines (or less if some of your other traits interact with the toolbelt) and no toolbelt beside 1 skill which just deals unreliable damage on 25 seconds cooldown.

This is the worst under water spec in the history of this game and there is 0 excuse for this... rangers have under water pets, we know they have the technology to make it work.

Im sure they will sort something out, dont fret.

It would of been nice if they would of given mechanist more skills underwater if it was not going to get a pet.

It would of been a cool mood to have on land even "air support" mechanist mood where it has no true pet that has hp but the class would get support from air drops or air strikes from its always flying pet.

6 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

*laughs in Berserker when not in Berserk Mode*

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

*laughs in Berserker when not in Berserk Mode*

Berserk mode is available under water, is it not?

That traits are temporarily not working based on being in a mode or not is fine, many classes have this like all shroud using specs for necro with their shroud traits, holosmith with the photon forge and all traits being about altering the photon forge and so on.

But this situation for mechanist is different. If you are a mechanist, you don't have this stuff in the under water fractal for example. At all, not just "I just left berserk mode so I don't have access to that stuff for some seconds". We are talking about "I legit can't use that elite spec when I have to fight under water".

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Berserk mode is available under water, is it not?

It went completely over you head but okay.

33 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

That traits are temporarily not working based on being in a mode or not is fine, many classes have this like all shroud using specs for necro with their shroud traits, holosmith with the photon forge and all traits being about altering the photon forge and so on.

But this situation for mechanist is different. If you are a mechanist, you don't have this stuff in the under water fractal for example. At all, not just "I just left berserk mode so I don't have access to that stuff for some seconds". We are talking about "I legit can't use that elite spec when I have to fight under water".

More like it's not the first time Anet made an Espec that is 2/3rds of a core spec in certain situations and left it there.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It went completely over you head but okay.

More like it's not the first time Anet made an Espec that is 2/3rds of a core spec in certain situations and left it there.

Yeah, but as said, there are tons of specs which work like this in the game. Necro specs, holosmith, druid, etc.

That complaint about berserker, to be completely honest with you, makes no sense. You are basically saying "I don't have this stuff available while this skill is on cooldown!".... well, yeah, no kitten, that's what cooldowns are supposed to do....

The more we see of EOD the more we see water, skiffs and yet more water.

I am hoping there was no underwater mech and it just wasn't done yet but also I'm generally hoping for some improvements to underwater.

1) Making as many skills and traits work underwater for all professions

2) Make underwater weapons more balanced and inline with land weapons.

3) Allow some sort water surface combat. (Maybe just limited to underwater weapon)

4)Either add legendary Breathing apparatus or just scrap them as an item completely and make them just a skin with no stats. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...