Untamed is dead on release unless anet changis this.

zealex.9410

1 hour ago, Beddo.1907 said:

4 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Previous beta's have shown that nothing can change between beta and release 

Well technically it's a change between one beta and another beta, but since it was on stream today it's 100% true.

The elite betas for this expansion *significantly* farther out from the expansion launch than the other beta events were to theirs. HoTs and PoFs last beta events were only ~1 month away from release. This 4th beta event (which will have all specs and will have changes from the previous betas) is still like 3 months away from expansion launch. I’m pretty positive there’s enough time to make more changes based on feedback from this last event.

The basis for this though will definitely be what gets changed going into the last beta. If it’s still minor changes that don’t fix major issues, then it will be concerning.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AlexndrTheGreat.8310 said:

The elite betas for this expansion *significantly* farther out from the expansion launch than the other beta events were to theirs. HoTs and PoFs last beta events were only ~1 month away from release. This 4th beta event (which will have all specs and will have changes from the previous betas) is still like 3 months away from expansion launch. I’m pretty positive there’s enough time to make more changes based on feedback from this last event.

The basis for this though will definitely be what gets changed going into the last beta. If it’s still minor changes that don’t fix major issues, then it will be concerning.

If it is the case that they are making changes, it would be nice to get some feedback as to what they've recognised as issues and intend to change, even if we don't find out HOW they intend to change them. At least that would be something. I never do preorders for stuff, except GW2 because I loved the game until now. There isn't a single elite spec this time around that hasn't made me feel anything other than regret for pre-ordering EoD. Right now, I feel like a fool for doing so.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

If it is the case that they are making changes, it would be nice to get some feedback as to what they've recognised as issues and intend to change, even if we don't find out HOW they intend to change them. At least that would be something. I never do preorders for stuff, except GW2 because I loved the game until now. There isn't a single elite spec this time around that hasn't made me feel anything other than regret for pre-ordering EoD. Right now, I feel like a fool for doing so.

Developers never say what the intend to do, if they say what they intend, community will point it out when they kitten up, and then they have to own to their kitten.
Not saying anything creates an illusion of a " direction ".

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Developers never say what the intend to do, if they say what they intend, community will point it out when they kitten up, and then they have to own to their kitten.

Probably they can not say because the final decision do not deppend on one dev / small team. Probably a lot of people is involved in the decision as such nobody knows what is going on until is done. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Rule #1 of making content: 

Never EVER say too much about whatever you are making or said possibility will be treated by community as something certain.

So basically by saying less they also get less pointless hate compared to never ending complains about changing direction/design/small details.

• Like 2